Discussion - Shokugeki no Soma L'étoile Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Eru13

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
This thread is to discuss the Shokugeki no Soma L'étoile spinoff serialized in Shounen Jump+
(The first chapter has been already scanlated by Casanova and can be read in Batoto too)

I personally liked the first chapter quite a lot more than I first expected, while it has a very similar feeling to many parts of the main series (especially to the first chapter), seeing a professional chef and not a student do it has a different kind of coolness to it.

I just feel it's a bit of a shame that we're not getting continuity here, I mean, ch 1 is about Kojirou after the events in the training camp but ch 2 will be about his high school days...I mean, that's cool because we'll get to see more of Fuyumi and Hinako too, but I kinda wanted to see more of the current Kojirou

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I have no comment to add on related to the content, but honestly the art... is simply inferior compared to the main series. Not awfully bad, but considering that my eyes have been pampered by the gorgeous, mouth-watering art of the main series, this spin-off becomes less interesting than what I hoped it to be.

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it canon to the original series?

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The first chapter was rather good, I liked it. I was worried that they would describe Shinomiya life before his Shokugeki against Megumi, but it was after. I couldn't stand his selfishness if were before, Megumi really changed him a lot. I don't have much to say so far, it was just the presentation of the premise and characters, but it was well executed. I'm gonna continue reading it. :nod

PS: It is just me or it is has potential to become romance? :teehee

KrimzonStriker

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
New chapter out. Boy did that confirm a lot of shipping... :teehee

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
New chapter out. Boy did that confirm a lot of shipping... :teehee
Oh boy... It is already the second in two chapters. Shinomiya has been all gallant in this spin-off. :teehee
Well, it was a good chapter, Hinako was really adorable back then, as much as in the present day... Where Shinomiya is, she is as well so I think she still likes him. :heh

This chapter was specially sentimental for me because I'm about to study abroad... Go to another country to face the unknown to pursue your dreams is awesome. :zomg

KrimzonStriker

Reaction score
Country
United States
^So basically we can pretty much confirm Kojiro is like a parallel to Soma at this point right? I mean he's got the unknown harem part pretty much sown up now :p

Also good luck to wherever you're going Leot, traveling on vacations seemed hectic enough as it is from my experiences so I can only imagine what living abroad will be like, however I'm sure it'll be a great experience that'll be totally worth it :)

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
^So basically we can pretty much confirm Kojiro is like a parallel to Soma at this point right? I mean he's got the unknown harem part pretty much sown up now :p

Also good luck to wherever you're going Leot, traveling on vacations seemed hectic enough as it is from my experiences so I can only imagine what living abroad will be like, however I'm sure it'll be a great experience that'll be totally worth it :)
There isn't a harem around Yukihira though... Neither around Shinomiya. :lmao

I will give you a hint: its flag has stripes and stars in a blue background. :3c
Yeah, it will be a good experience. Thanks! :nod

KrimzonStriker

Reaction score
Country
United States
^I said it was unknown didn't I? It's three or more girls each now with some kind of crush hinted for those two <_<

Blue Background?.... Australia?

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
^I said it was unknown didn't I? It's three or more girls each now with some kind of crush hinted for those two <_<

Blue Background?.... Australia?
There are rules for harems, it would be a complex discussion so let it be, but there is no harem. :nerd

Are you kidding right? USA! The one and only. XD

KrimzonStriker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really now? You need to point me to the dictionary with this definition some time.

I was half kidding, the stripes aren't in the blue background though, they are a background :p Let me know if you're coming to NYC I can recommend some great places to grab a bite while we're on the subject of food ;)

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Really now? You need to point me to the dictionary with this definition some time.

I was half kidding, the stripes aren't in the blue background though, they are a background :p Let me know if you're coming to NYC I can recommend some great places to grab a bite while we're on the subject of food ;)
It is not something that it written, it is something that is felt. :pleased

My phrase was ambigous then... :hmm
I'm certainly going to NYC, it is near and going there is a must.

BaBYShiBa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
@Krimzon

It isn't so much about the 'rules' (not really sure what's so complex about it), its more of the ambiguity of what actually qualifies as a 'harem'.

For Souma, you can definitely say there is more than one girl that holds some form of affection for him (be it now or in the near future).

1. Mayumi (no argument here)
2. Ikumi (no argument here)
3. Megumi (no argument here)
4. Erina (no argument here)
5. The girl whom got back her knife after Souma defeated Subaru (hey, that could happen, should they cross each other's path later on)

I don't really see Alice entering the 'harem' as her bond & relationship with Ryou's too 'strong' for that to happen, I think. :p

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

BaBYShiBa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
No argument? There isn't feelings of love from Erina! lolThere should be competition to make a harem and it doesn't happen here. Romance is almost non-existent anyway.
I did state 'be it now or in the near future', so I'm not really sure how you could've turned a blind eye to that.

And I'm pretty certain from your tone, you'd outright dismiss any form of romantic inclinations she may have for him later on.

Did I even for once say this was a harem?

Of course its plainly obvious romance isn't the main/central focus of this series, so there's nothing much to debate here.

I'm just highlighting to Krimzon the girls who currently/or potentially later on have develop a crush for him.

KrimzonStriker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eru, can you tell me what is going on with this latest chapter? It kind of follows the a la carte storyline but was that Chapelle at the end???? Or does the old guy just look a lot like him you think?

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Three chapters, three women looking at Shinomiya with interest... :3c
Well, now we can see that the first chapter was just an introduction of what will happen much later, the story will follow Shinomiya since the beginning, starting from when he finished school... I think it is more interesting, this part is the one we want to know after all... It will be interesting. :nod
He chose to go to a different country where his status as Elite Ten had any value, it was really courageous, he started from square one again pratically... I think it was one of the factos that made him so good in the present time... They tried harder to conquer Paris while it couldn't be the same in Japan when he was already famous and he could accommodate to the situation...

KrimzonStriker

Reaction score
Country
United States
New chapter is out, and boy am I glad they kept to the already established short story from ala'carte there, I couldn't tell based on the art style if that was Chapelle or just their depiction of Herve after all :p

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Does anyone know when chapter 7 will be released?

Last edited: