Voting Round 1 - Shoto Todoroki vs. Eustass Kid | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Shoto Todoroki vs. Eustass Kid

Who wins?

• Shoto Todoroki

• Eustass Kid

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I feel sorry for these One Piece nominations.

Kid is the one who has a better chance at winning (Hancock vs Vegeta, Zoro vs Goku...), but I still think Shoto is currently stronger than him.

Eustass' best weapon is becoming some kind of scrap mecha and Shouto can just cook him alive inside the mecha.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I feel sorry for these One Piece nominations.

Kid is the one who has a better chance at winning (Hancock vs Vegeta, Zoro vs Goku...), but I still think Shoto is currently stronger than him.

Eustass' best weapon is becoming some kind of scrap mecha and Shouto can just cook him alive inside the mecha.
I strongly disagree, Shoto so far would be an average by One Piece power scaling standards, he loses to Kid in everything, speed, physical strength and endurance.

The problem is that we know more of Shoto's skill sets but at the end of the day he is just someone who is just above normal human level, while Kid can casually tank lightning strikes that can reduce towns to ashes and he is fast enough to react to attacks that are lightning fast, sure enough, Kid lacks the overpowered feats as of yet but even still he could just stand there while Shoto attacks and he would come out of it with nearly a scratch.

This matchup wasn't fair to begin with, a normal person who is a top-level athlete vs a monster that is far above superhuman is not fair.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I strongly disagree, Shoto so far would be an average by One Piece power scaling standards, he loses to Kid in everything, speed, physical strength and endurance.

The problem is that we know more of Shoto's skill sets but at the end of the day he is just someone who is just above normal human level, while Kid can casually tank lightning strikes that can reduce towns to ashes and he is fast enough to react to attacks that are lightning fast, sure enough, Kid lacks the overpowered feats as of yet but even still he could just stand there while Shoto attacks and he would come out of it with nearly a scratch.

This matchup wasn't fair to begin with, a normal person who is a top-level athlete vs a monster that is far above superhuman is not fair.
The problem is that those are only assumed. I assume Kid is pretty fast, I assume he has high endurance, I assume he's strong, but I haven't seen any feat to confirm that.

On the other hand, Shouto is superhuman as well: characters in Boku no Hero have superhuman endurance and strength even when their quirks are not about that.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
The problem is that those are only assumed. I assume Kid is pretty fast, I assume he has high endurance, I assume he's strong, but I haven't seen any feat to confirm that.

On the other hand, Shouto is superhuman as well: characters in Boku no Hero have superhuman endurance and strength even when their quirks are not about that.
Well that is true, as for the endurance we did see him take Big Mum's lightning attack and it didn't even leave so much as a scratch, and that level of attack would pretty much kill anyone in MHA who doesn't have the hax to block it.

I don't think Shoto is superhuman, sure he is far above average and one might power scale him to being the top of the top in terms of human feats, he is more like superhumans like Cap America while Kid is more so like Thor, the difference is the level is just too great IMO.
The characters in MHA are ended above normal human level but compared to One Piece standards that is nothing but a joke.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well that is true, as for the endurance we did see him take Big Mum's lightning attack and it didn't even leave so much as a scratch, and that level of attack would pretty much kill anyone in MHA who doesn't have the hax to block it.

I don't think Shoto is superhuman, sure he is far above average and one might power scale him to being the top of the top in terms of human feats, he is more like superhumans like Cap America while Kid is more so like Thor, the difference is the level is just too great IMO.
The characters in MHA are ended above normal human level but compared to One Piece standards that is nothing but a joke.
Fair enough. Tanking that lightning attack is a good feat, but do you see Shouto falling to a single attack from a lightning quirk? The guys from BnH use and take elemental attacks like those in every fight, right?

I can see Kid being a bit stronger physically, though, taking into account those stones he lifted in the Wano prison, but what about how their powers interact with eachother? Shoto's main means of attacking is his fire+ice quirk, which is more destructive so far than Kidd's magnetic attacks. How do you see their fight going? I personally don't see Kid hitting Shouto with his attacks. They can be stopped with an ice wall, and blocking Shouto's attacks with his metal means being heated and eventually taking damage.

If we talk movement speed, I also see Shouto moving faster (through flame propulsion) to keep his distance than Kid can (does he have any movement speed feat? I can't remember any).

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Fair enough. Tanking that lightning attack is a good feat, but do you see Shouto falling to a single attack from a lightning quirk? The guys from BnH use and take elemental attacks like those in every fight, right?

I can see Kid being a bit stronger physically, though, taking into account those stones he lifted in the Wano prison, but what about how their powers interact with eachother? Shoto's main means of attacking is his fire+ice quirk, which is more destructive so far than Kidd's magnetic attacks. How do you see their fight going? I personally don't see Kid hitting Shouto with his attacks. They can be stopped with an ice wall, and blocking Shouto's attacks with his metal means being heated and eventually taking damage.

If we talk movement speed, I also see Shouto moving faster (through flame propulsion) to keep his distance than Kid can (does he have any movement speed feat? I can't remember any).
None of the people in MHA have ever taken an attack even remotely close to "Indra" and that is my point, the level of One Piece is way higher than that of MHA, that attack from Big Mom can probably kill anyone who doesn't scale to All Might levels and Shoto is far and away from that level.

True Shoto's attacks are more impressive than Kid's but the level difference is too huge, nothing that Shoto can fire at Kid comes even remotely close to the attack he took from Big Mum and even then that attack didn't even scratch him, that's why I can confidently say that Kid can just stand there while Shoto attacks him and he will take little to no damage.

So far Kid has no outstanding speed feats but he is easily able to keep up with G4 Luffy and Law's teleportation so his speed is far above Shoto, not to forget that he might have precognition too.

Like I said the level gap is just to huge its like a normal house cat trying to fight a tiger.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
None of the people in MHA have ever taken an attack even remotely close to "Indra" and that is my point, the level of One Piece is way higher than that of MHA, that attack from Big Mom can probably kill anyone who doesn't scale to All Might levels and Shoto is far and away from that level.

True Shoto's attacks are more impressive than Kid's but the level difference is too huge, nothing that Shoto can fire at Kid comes even remotely close to the attack he took from Big Mum and even then that attack didn't even scratch him, that's why I can confidently say that Kid can just stand there while Shoto attacks him and he will take little to no damage.

So far Kid has no outstanding speed feats but he is easily able to keep up with G4 Luffy and Law's teleportation so his speed is far above Shoto, not to forget that he might have precognition too.

Like I said the level gap is just to huge its like a normal house cat trying to fight a tiger.
But how do we know Indra is that strong? It's a homing attack but it precisely dealt 0 damage to anyone.

imo All Might would not simply tank it: that man would destroy Big Mom in a fight. Shouto can't possibly beat Big Mom, but neither can Kid.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
But how do we know Indra is that strong? It's a homing attack but it precisely dealt 0 damage to anyone.

imo All Might would not simply tank it: that man would destroy Big Mom in a fight. Shouto can't possibly beat Big Mom, but neither can Kid.
Yes so far Indra is the strongest attack Zeus + Big Mum have used, its much stronger that that attack that destroyed the seducing forest back in WCI, that attack is much more powerful than anything anyone in MHA can dish out.

:blink:blink All Might can beat Big Mum, say what.............
All Might cant even scale to Luffy's level and you think he can beat Big Mum, no way that is ever happening.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yes so far Indra is the strongest attack Zeus + Big Mum have used, its much stronger that that attack that destroyed the seducing forest back in WCI, that attack is much more powerful than anything anyone in MHA can dish out.
How do you know it was stronger than that? It was never demonstrated nor said. It simply had the ability to home and dodge defenses so it couldn't be blocked, but none of that implied increased power.

You're seriously underestimating MHA if you believe Indra is stronger than the powers some of MHA's characters have.

You don't even need to look at All Might to get better feats. Just watch ReDestro attacking.

Edit: Damn, that smiley was accidental.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I think One Piece characters scales higher than BnH characters on average. We gotta remember than One Piece characters can deal with some extreme temperatures when push comes to shove. Eustass, at least, should be at the level where Jinbe, Crocoboy, and Ace were when they were Baptized in Impel Down, meaning that I can see him being dipped in boiling water without flinching.

He'll feel heat and cold, but Shoto isn't taking him down in my opinion. And I don't think it'll be difficult.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States

This is true. I'm not a fan of this although I suppose quirks might be seen as the next phase of human evolution. That might come with enhance attributes like speed, strength and endurance. We have seen Endev survive being thrown through multiple buildings and falling from God knows how high and not die.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
How do you know it was stronger than that? It was never demonstrated nor said. It simply had the ability to home and dodge defenses so it couldn't be blocked, but none of that implied increased power.

You're seriously underestimating MHA if you believe Indra is stronger than the powers some of MHA's characters have.

You don't even need to look at All Might to get better feats. Just watch Re:Destro attacking.
its because the Zeus from back then and the Zeus currently are on a different level, Zeus currently has said he is at full power and also named attacks are always stronger than unmade attack in shounen.

I have never seen anyone in MHA casually destroy a city with a random attack, at his strongest All Might and All For One were barely able to destroy a few buildings and that is the peak power of MHA.

I think we are going off-topic but yeah the level gap on the world in One Piece and earth in MHA is too great, Kid is way past levels in MHA would consider monstrous while Shoto is barely supernatural, I don't think Shoto can do anything that might damage Kid to the point of KO even with Kid just standing there, this was not a fair fight to begin with.

Shinigami769

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
kid's conquerors haki would just drop shoto before he could do anything.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
its because the Zeus from back then and the Zeus currently are on a different level, Zeus currently has said he is at full power and also named attacks are always stronger than unmade attack in shounen.

I have never seen anyone in MHA casually destroy a city with a random attack, at his strongest All Might and All For One were nearly able to destroy a few buildings and that is the peak power of MHA.

I think we are going off-topic but yeah the level gap on the world in One Piece and earth in MHA is too great, Kid is way past levels in MHA would consider monstrous while Shoto is barely supernatural, I don't think Shoto can do anything that might damage Kid to the point of KO even with Kid just standing there, this was not a fair fight to begin with.
Interesting. Who from One Piece has ever destroyed a city with a random attack?

Re Destro from MHA is capable of that, and one of the students from the series was capable of overpowering that man with his quirk. All Might is expected to be stronger than Re Destro.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have never seen anyone in MHA casually destroy a city with a random attack, at his strongest All Might and All For One were barely able to destroy a few buildings and that is the peak power of MHA.

No man. Peak All Might has to hold back to not cause massive collateral damage. He once told Deku that if he tried to run at top speed he's created massive tornedoes and hurricane winds. He once effortless caught a huge skyscaper with roughly 50 k people with one arm. Peak All Might could very well level a large city with one attack and if you aren't agreeable with that estimation he is most certainly stronger than what you are suggesting.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Interesting. Who from One Piece has ever destroyed a city with a random attack?

Re Destro from MHA is capable of that, and one of the students from the series was capable of overpowering that man with his quirk. All Might is expected to be stronger than Re Destro.
Fujitora can casually destroy countries, Black Beard can easily do the same with just the yami yami no mi, Whitebeard also the same, Luffy with effort can do the same with 1 punch.

we are seriously going off topic here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No man. Peak All Might has to hold back to not cause massive collateral damage. He once told Deku that if he tried to run at top speed he's created massive tornedoes and hurricane winds. He once effortless caught a huge skyscaper with roughly 50 k people with one arm. Peak All Might could very well level a large city with one attack and if you aren't agreeable with that estimation he is most certainly stronger than what you are suggesting.
Yeah that actually I had forgotten to take into account, but even still at that level its ridiculous to think he would be any match for Big Mum

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Fujitora can casually destroy countries, Black Beard can easily do the same with just the yami yami no mi, Whitebeard also the same, Luffy with effort can do the same with 1 punch.

we are seriously going off topic here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah that actually I had forgotten to take into account, but even still at that level its ridiculous to think he would be any match for Big Mum
Luffy destroying a country with one punch... :feelsgoodman

Well, I don't really have much more to add about Kidd.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Luffy destroying a country with one punch... :feelsgoodman

Well, I don't really have much more to add about Kidd.
I should have worded it better but I only meant that Fujitora can destroy a country while the others can destroy cities

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Doesn't Deku lift All Might (over 500 pounds) in his pre quirk training montage? Same Deku that with UA training still only had a 1/5 power yet Shoto has a 5/5?

The average guy in heroaca is superhuman really, Endeavour himself was blasted through buildings lmao. They are built different.

Shoto pre intense training was seen easily freezing a building and everything in touch with it. His fire quirk on the other hand grew so much it was said to be on the same level as Endeavour's so they probably share a lot of feats (except things that require using both sides of their limbs like promineni burn).

Problem with Todoroki is that he can't get a break and a good W, sometimes losing by the dumbest convenient shit like having bad footing, falling and smashing his head on a pipe (lol...).

Status
Not open for further replies.