Shouldn't Buggy and Shanks know where is One Piece? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shouldn't Buggy and Shanks know where is One Piece?

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was wondering, since Buggy and Shanks were a part of Roger's crew they shuld know were OP is shunt they?

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Re: shudnt Buggy and Shanks know?

i was wondering, since Buggy and Shanks were a part of Roger's crew they shuld know were OP is shunt they?
yeah they should but then again maybe Gol didn't want them to know..
I mean they were only trainees so maybe only his main crew knows :noworry

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Well, everyone knows where it is: Raftel. However, that doesn't mean they can automatically get there. They aren't Roger, so they can't do the same stuff he did. Besides, Buggy is probably to weak anyway.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Well, everyone knows where it is: Raftel. However, that doesn't mean they can automatically get there. They aren't Roger, so they can't do the same stuff he did. Besides, Buggy is probably to weak anyway.
actually it has just been hinted that it is there but maybe it is there.. anyways if it in Raftel I doubt that it would still be there.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Re: Shouldn't Buggy and Shanks know?

so ""That" place" means its on Raftel (Grandline). [Could someone please tell me which chapter the flashback to Rogers excecution is in? thx]
Dunno but its just the same as with One Piece itself - its not yet clear what it is and thus where it is.
Could be some weird stuff he is refering to, for example his heart where he keeps the memories of all his adventures/happy times - just an example ;)

So Buggy knowing about the place where One piece is hidden is highly unlikely - he wouldnt have gone to East Blue for such a long time when he knows where hes got to go.
But Shanks may have some clue about that I think ... theres more to him than red hairs and a missing arm...

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Of course there's more to him. He made an entire crew pass out from his presence, blocked the blade of the strongest man in the world, and he's a fuckin' Yonkou! And there's no real clarification that it IS Raftel, but everyone just assumes it is.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

so ""That" place" means its on Raftel (Grandline). [Could someone please tell me which chapter the flashback to Rogers excecution is in? thx]
Dunno but its just the same as with One Piece itself - its not yet clear what it is and thus where it is.
Could be some weird stuff he is refering to, for example his heart where he keeps the memories of all his adventures/happy times - just an example ;)

So Buggy knowing about the place where One piece is hidden is highly unlikely - he wouldnt have gone to East Blue for such a long time when he knows where hes got to go.
But Shanks may have some clue about that I think ... theres more to him than red hairs and a missing arm...
Roger's execution is the first page of One Piece. Chapter 1, page 1. And people assume that the treasure is on Raftel because he said "that place" and the place he is famous for is Raftel, everyone who knows much about piracy associates Roger with Raftel, so obviously people would assume he meant Raftel, which they did. And I've always felt that when Roger went to Raftel, he hid his treasure alone, without his crew. It's like in Treasure Island, where Captain Flint hid his treasure and killed the crew members he took with him to help him hide it. Roger isn't that inhumane of a pirate, so he probably went alone. And as to what One Piece is... there's already a thread for that, and I posted my opinion on the matter there.

And as Impel Down said, just because they know it's on Raftel doesn't mean they can get there. It's hard, and Shanks at least is strong, but the question is whether or not he's strong enough to become the second Pirate King and manage to get him and his crew to Raftel safely.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

And it's not like we know anything about the power of their, or anyone else's, boats or the skill of their, or anyone else's, navigators. That's the reason they keep giving the SHs for making it as far as they have, even though we don't know how it pretains to other crews.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

Here is what I think. I believe they actually know where One Piece is. However, the main question is can they actually get in there. This is just my opinion, but knowing where it is, is one thing but getting to One Piece is also another thing.

I think that might be the main reason, since you are wondering why they taking so long to get to One Piece?

Here's what I think the obstacles are:

1) The marine is pain in the ass for them. I believe that the marines won't let them get to One Piece that easily, now would they?

2) They have competitors among them. Even though Shanks and Buggy know where One Piece is located, they are not the only one after it. so that means they will encounter many enemies plus the marines. I also believe that if some other pirates do not know where One Piece is,i it could be a smart thing for them to do to just follow Shanks' crew.

So I believe that Shanks and Buggy could know where One Piece but it's not only that knowledge that will make them get into One Piece faster.

This was just my opinion, you are welcome to reply at anything.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Yeah, you're right, they probably know what it is. But, Buggy said treasure is only gold or something like that, so maybe it IS loot? And Shanks obviously has major competitors for One Piece, probably more than Buggy, since he IS an Yonkou and all.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

It's true that both Shanks and Buggy might know about OP but I should say that Shanks is the closest to finding it right know. BUggy might know but he's not worthy of even getting to half the way to reach One Piece but Shanks might not only know but he is a great pirate capable of doing it.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

We don't even know if Buggy survived the Reverse Mountains to the Grand Line! Besides, Shanks has the world's greatest sniper, the world's fastest man, and the smartest man in the East Blue in his crew! He should do just fine finding One Piece, yet he hasn't. Shouldn't that tell you something?

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i dont think that the marine is the reason for shanks not going to one piece, shanks isnt afraid of the marine, he said so when he went to meet with WB, if he has a reason for not going to OP that reason would be Luffy i think