Silent Hill Thread! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Silent Hill Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, since there is a Resident Evil thread, there should be one for Silent Hill. This series is (in my opinion at least) one of the most messed up series out to date, not that it is a bad thing. The plot and monsters are pretty scary, as well as creepy. I just want to know other people's opinion about this amazing series :p

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
i love the SH series, but i also think that there are a lot more freakier games out there (e.g. siren), but SH does have a closer relation to the macarbe. i loved SH 1 & 2, but i wasn't impressed with the 3rd and 4th installment, and now that this ( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=538448&highlight=silent+hill ) has happened....i'm not too sure about it's future...

* watch out for the incubi!*

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
the moviw was ok i thought, just a little corny.......but the 5th game is supposed to be good i heard....

bakashijinsan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Any idea when the fifth installment's going to be released?

I love Silent Hill story wise and creepiness-wise than any other Horror game. It gives that creepy feeling all throughout the whole game. And of course, who wouldn't love the mystery behind Silent Hill?

It's like up until now, we still know so little about the damned town! :p

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
does anyone have a link to info on the 5th?

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^thanks

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Whoa! I didn't know there was a Silent Hill Origins that was released?

I'd want to play it but I don't have a PSP. *sigh*

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^there is, but playing it in a small screen is pretty dull...i mean the fear factor just decreases along with the screen size...

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^
agree, the psp game is going to suck, but not the sh5 game..........that game is going to kick ass!

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^i've had my fingers crossed since the day i saw the horrendous third and fourth installments...

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^^
same, i just hope the series doesnt go down hill, (bad pun)

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^ YOU SPEAK OF EVIL!!!! qucik bite your toung and spit! then knock on wood!!!!!!

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am noticing that most people are seeing that the game's been going downhill since the first.

Personally I still like the later installments. There're just too many puzzle pieces that they scattered and you have no idea where to place them to paint the whole picture.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^well in your defence, there are a lot of things that only hard-core fans would be able to piece together. not everyone really understands the series as a whole because the endings are so friggn open ended...then again thats also it's beauty since it leaves a lot to the imagination, and leaves you wanting more! :D personally i'd suggest playing the game in chronological order, minding only what's at hand (and not thinking about linking things together) then once you've finished them, then you can start putting things together....

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
level4paperboy said:
^well in your defence, there are a lot of things that only hard-core fans would be able to piece together. not everyone really understands the series as a whole because the endings are so friggn open ended...then again thats also it's beauty since it leaves a lot to the imagination, and leaves you wanting more! :D personally i'd suggest playing the game in chronological order, minding only what's at hand (and not thinking about linking things together) then once you've finished them, then you can start putting things together....
you took the words out of my mouth l4pb. that's exactly why I'm so hooked to the game. It leaves me to think and imagine what is the ending and what are the answers to my questions by speculating based on what the game has presented so far.

This is why I hate it when people who watched the movie says, "It sucks". That's because they didn't even try to understand it.

I like games with deep stories. Not like those games which seemed to always save the world by beating the final boss and it's 100 transformations.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^ T_T i'm so happy! someone who understands and prefers a deep story over mindles levelling, and treature hunting!

yeah! the movie was great, it did deviate from the original game, but it kept all the elements of the game intact!

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
level4paperboy said:
^ T_T i'm so happy! someone who understands and prefers a deep story over mindles levelling, and treature hunting!

yeah! the movie was great, it did deviate from the original game, but it kept all the elements of the game intact!
Of course! I really don't care if the graphics sucks, or if the battle sucks, or if leveling is a pain, so long as it has a very good story and story presentation, I'll be hooked with it.

Though I still enjoy the traditional RPG's but storywise, there's only one that I liked--FF Tactics

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
^ah yes, FFT...*wears heavy armor and gets into a guymelef* its the only FF i liked *braces for impact from raging FFanatics*

i'm a very picky gamer, and every single aspect gets scrutenized while i'm playing. like how i bitched about how crappy battles in hoshigami were, and how lame FF9 was...

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Picky gamer is one thing for me. while FFT is a great game, I also liked the others, but not in the same way as I loved FFT.

But enough of the FF's! This is a Silent Hill Thread!
Maybe one of these days, I'll be playing them all over again to get a hang of the story once more.

And on what console does Silent Hill 5 comes out again?

Status
Not open for further replies.