• Total voters

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

"My interest is to further spread the popularity of Korean Pop [K-Pop]. Therefore, I decided to create this thread so that fans can talk, share, and post different things related to this band. I hope to keep this thread updated not only in their new releases of music videos, songs, and performances but also any sort of media they make an appearance in."

GROUP INFORMATION

Fandom Club Name: STAR1​

SISTAR [씨스타] is a South Korean Girl Band under the label of Starship Entertainment. The group consists of 4 members:
  1. Kim Hyo-jung [Hyolyn or Hyorin]
  2. Yoon Bo-ra [Bora]
  3. Kang Ji-hyun [Soyou]
  4. Kim Da-som [Dasom]
They made their official debut on June 3rd, 2010 and is still currently active today. Some of their well-known songs include Push Push, Shady Girl, How Dare You, So Cool, Alone, Loving You, Give It To Me, Touch My Body, I Swear, Shake It, and I Like That.

GROUP MEMBERS

Name: Kim Hyo-jung [김효정]
Stage Name: Hyolyn/Hyorin [효린]
Roles: Leader, Main Vocalist, Lead Rapper, and Lead Dancer​

Hyorin was born in Incheon, South Korea on January 11th, 1991. She is a South Korean idol singer. Some of her well-known music solos includes One Way Love, Lonely, Ma Boy, etc.

Name: Yoon Bo-ra [윤보라]
Stage Name: Bora [보라]
Roles: Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, and Visuals​

Bora was born in Seoul, South Korea on January 30th, 1990. She is a South Korean idol singer. Some of her well-known music solos includes Mermaid Princess, Feedback, Ma Boy, etc.

Name: Kang Ji-hyun [강지현]
Stage Name: Soyou [소유]
Roles: Lead-Vocalist

Soyou was born in Jeju Island, South Korea on February 12th, 1992. She is a South Korean idol singer. Some of her well-known music solos includes Just Once, Tell Me, etc.

Name: Kim Da-som [김다솜]
Stage Name: Dasom [다솜]
Roles: Vocalist and Maknae

Dasom was born in Gwangju, South Korea on May 6th, 1993. She is a South Korean idol singer and actress. Some of her well-known music solos includes Yayaya, You're Mine, etc.

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
SISTAR just released the MV for their song, "One More Day". The song made its debut a month ago but the music video just came out. Nonetheless, check it out!

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I am falling in love with Bora. Watched some videos of her at Idol Championship and she won many games. I was really amazed watching her. Looking forward to her performance this year.

Also I am addicted to "I Like That". I played it over and over. It made me high

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am falling in love with Bora. Watched some videos of her at Idol Championship and she won many games. I was really amazed watching her. Looking forward to her performance this year.

Also I am addicted to "I Like That". I played it over and over. It made me high
Yeah, me too. Haha. Too bad her lines are always the shortest... Oh, I didn't know you watched Idol Championship. I watch it on certain occasions depending on who is being featured.

Anyways, I am also addicted to "I Like That". It's probably my favorite song of theirs. I remember when it first came out and it was on repeat the whole day for me...

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, me too. Haha. Too bad her lines are always the shortest... Oh, I didn't know you watched Idol Championship. I watch it on certain occasions depending on who is being featured.

Anyways, I am also addicted to "I Like That". It's probably my favorite song of theirs. I remember when it first came out and it was on repeat the whole day for me...
Oh you like Bora too? :D Yeah what can we do, she is rapper. Not expecting much from Starship...... Actually I was torn between Bora and Dasom. But eventually chose Bora (what am I talking about haha). Bora is just..my type and also her name sounds unique to me.

I happened to type "Bora" on YouTube and found her archery performance. One of my favorite vids:

I Like That instrumental version:

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh you like Bora too? :D Yeah what can we do, she is rapper. Not expecting much from Starship...... Actually I was torn between Bora and Dasom. But eventually chose Bora (what am I talking about haha). Bora is just..my type and also her name sounds unique to me.

I happened to type "Bora" on YouTube and found her archery performance. One of my favorite vids:

I Like That instrumental version:
Yeah, Bora really caught my interest after I watched a Running Man episode. And she is the only rapper of her group so that's a plus.

As for the archery competition between Bora and Sohyun, I remember watching that video and it made me want to learn archery. Haha. Also, have you seen the archery performance done by SISTAR as a group? In case you haven't, I'll post them here:

If you already saw these, then don't bother watching it again. But if you haven't, I highly recommend them. Also, they're quite long so you might want to watch them slowly. Otherwise, time will fly.

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the videos. I have watched the SISTAR vs 4Minute one before. I enjoyed them. I like people calling her Ace. That's very cool.

Other sports she excels at/won:
50m Race

100m Hurdle

100m Race

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
400m Relay

High Jump

Dream Team Game

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check out SISTAR's performance at the 31st Golden Disc Awards!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

OFFICIAL SISTAR UPDATEBreaking News: SISTAR Will Officially Disband [Starship Entertainment Confirmed]
Date: May 22nd, 2016

Soompi Article: https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/22/breaking-sistar-confirms-disbandment/
--- Double Post Merged, ---
SISTAR just released one more song prior to their disbandment. For all the STAR1's out there, this is your last chance to support them!

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The song is pleasing to my ears. The MV is heartbreaking.

Wish you best of luck and success!

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Both the song and the MV are pleasing.

Wish you best of luck and success!
Not sure if there will be a live performance for this song, but they did appear on the VLIVE app.

I really liked the instrumental of this song. But for some reason, the rap really stood out for me this time...

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah probably will be on the top of my playlist soon haha.

I feel like Dasom is the member who is sad the most in the MV. Dunno why haha. Also when she fell (beach scene) I felt sad..

I think Hyolyn will be the first successful one, out of 4. Considering she often solos, is popular, and has golden voice.

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it seems SISTAR did appear on music shows. And after 3 performances, this one is their goodbye stage.

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@XXEliteXXAceXX I found this comment on YouTube
I really like this theory, especially the one about SISTAR19. It makes so much sense considering Hyorin and Bora were really popular in their early days. I believe "Ma Boy" was what really drew more attention to their group as a whole. As for the pool scene, I wonder why Bora was chosen to be the "distant" one. Maybe it's because she is the only rapper while the other 3 are vocalists? It's actually pretty sad because Dasom was always the least popular among the 4. The part where the car left and Dasom was running after it might also illustrate this, or maybe they were just playing around. Either way, I'm glad that Dasom got a little more lines in "Lonely".

Kiki

Magu's Fantasy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
As for the pool scene, I wonder why Bora was chosen to be the "distant" one. Maybe it's because she is the only rapper while the other 3 are vocalists?
I think so too. When it comes to line distribution, Bora got the least. She is the only rapper, and a rapper usually sings the 2nd verse of a song (most of K-song structure). While Hyolyn, Soyou, and Dasom sing from intro to ending/coda. There's no "vocalist" role written in Bora's role too...

It's actually pretty sad because Dasom was always the least popular among the 4. The part where the car left and Dasom was running after it might also illustrate this, or maybe they were just playing around. Either way, I'm glad that Dasom got a little more lines in "Lonely".
That too.

Yeah I am glad too. She is great at acting and I hope she will shine at it.

XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
For those who haven't seen it, Hyolyn released a new music video!