Theory - Soma And Erina's Mothers | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Soma And Erina's Mothers

BaBYShiBa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well, I kinda took this with that meaning
Poor Souma-kun. :emocat

Growing up w/o his real grandparents & biological mother must have been hard for him. D:

Was the scar on his left eyebrow ever explained? Could it somehow be related to his mother? Or was it from a kitchen-related accident of sorts?

Eru13

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Poor Souma-kun. :emocat

Growing up w/o his real grandparents & biological mother must have been hard for him. D:

Was the scar on his left eyebrow ever explained? Could it somehow be related to his mother? Or was it from a kitchen-related accident of sorts?
It's never been mentioned

NyoiToy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The way I see it, joichiro left the academy for whatever reason, perhaps prematurely, and traveled the world. He seems like a wanderer and was probably pretty cocky (not necessarily in a bad way). I have to imagine that soma's mother was probably a very gentle but proficient person somehow related to the food world, which makes me think she was DEFINITELY not part of the nakiri family. She probably tamed Joichiro while humbling him in some way. Once he had a kid he obviously wanted to settle down and for whatever reason I think the mother got ill and passed away.

I also hope to god that they don't end up matching erina and soma in some sorta romance, she's a spoiled brat, but I could definitely see them going that route eventually.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I also hope to god that they don't end up matching erina and soma in some sorta romance, she's a spoiled brat, but I could definitely see them going that route eventually.
If Erina finds out about who Soma´s father is, she will definitely look at him way, way differently than now (with possible momentum blushes?:cheez:hearts)

Last edited:

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Finally, we have confirmation of one of this series' worst kept secrets (or was it?).

From Tsukuda-sensei's tweet:

幸平創真の母は、亡くなっています。
Souma's mom has indeed passed on.

StingingNettle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally, we have confirmation of one of this series' worst kept secrets (or was it?).

From Tsukuda-sensei's tweet:

Souma's mom has indeed passed on.
That's just heartbreaking. Google translate also said something about it being tied to Souma's developmet.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
That's just heartbreaking. Google translate also said something about it being tied to Souma's developmet.
Indeed.

I'm actually very surprised Souma hasn't even mentioned/made a reference to her once (nor his dad, except for the secret to becoming a good chef), IIRC. Was there actually a [legitimate] reason on the author's part, not to do so? Hmm..

Yeah, something like that. She must have been a hugely influential figure in his life, so for her to pass on must have hit him, pretty darn hard, even though he was quite young, at that time.

StingingNettle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Indeed.

I'm actually very surprised Souma hasn't even mentioned/made a reference to her once (nor his dad, except for the secret to becoming a good chef), IIRC. Was there actually a [legitimate] reason on the author's part, not to do so? Hmm..

Yeah, something like that. She must have been a hugely influential figure in his life, so for her to pass on must have hit him, pretty darn hard, even though he was quite young, at that time.
Plot-twist: He found Jesus. Souma is actually deeply religious. Really though it seems as though he's able to ignore the trauma somehow.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Plot-twist: He found Jesus. Souma is actually deeply religious. Really though it seems as though he's able to ignore the trauma somehow.
Lol. xD

I'm not surprised he's able to move on, though; speaks volumes of how headstrong & resolute his personality/character is. :)

StingingNettle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol. xD

I'm not surprised he's able to move on, though; speaks volumes of how headstrong & resolute his personality/character is. :)
I can't see how Joichirou took it. This was the woman he devoted all his cooking to. But on a bright side for all the female and homosexual fans, he's now official confirmed single. Not that it actually amounts to anything, there's just tons of 2D fetishers out there.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I can't see how Joichirou took it. This was the woman he devoted all his cooking to. But on a bright side for all the female and homosexual fans, he's now official confirmed single. Not that it actually amounts to anything, there's just tons of 2D fetishers out there.
Its actually quite a testament to Jouichirou's unwavering love & loyalty for her, for him not to find another partner and/or re-marry. Like any loving & devoted husband to his wife, her death must have been the 'end of the world' moment for him, but I think he has accepted it & moved on, & Souma's the one she has left behind for him to continue on living (I know, its as cliché as ****, but what else could it be :p)?

Marche

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I have really no doubts that she died, because would be really strange if they would have divorced after Jouichirou statement about the importance of love.

NyoiToy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have really no doubts that she died, because would be really strange if they would have divorced after Jouichirou statement about the importance of love.
I think for the most part it was pretty obvious she died because joichiro and soma never really acted like they came from a truly broken home... we know what kind of woman it would've been to make joichiro settle down and that type of woman isn't the type to ditch her family.

DarkOne

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope we get to learn who Soma's mother is.

I know Erina hasn't yet learn who is Soma's father is.

Among other things that hasn't yet been explored.

solarwings

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Perhaps there was an accident/incident resulting in the scar on Soma's forehead..?

I don't think Soma's mother is the 3rd seat in Gin & Jou's generation as their 3rd seat's name is Nakamura.
Perhaps she is their junior or senior, or even an outsider to Tootsuki...

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Maybe Jouchirou never married or Souma's mum died or they got divorced.

Msrito

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Maybe Jouchirou never married or Souma's mum died or they got divorced.
He have already his wife's name so what you are saying is out of question.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Not necessarily. Some people hold on to names even after divorce or other events. Though that cancels out the non-marriage part