Shounen Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yay, we're current with the raws! Hopefully we'll get them consistently from now on and actually get RTS threads :)

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
thanks for the translation zoe! Wow chapter 49 was awesome....
Blackstar,my favourite character is kicking ass! So,if I understood things right...he ate people's souls in order to surpass a god(and probably cure the damage on his own soul) but didn't do that to follow the path of a demon, but to follow the path of the sword who doessomethingthatican'tremember, and is now extremely powerful and kicking ass?

Shrimp

Reaction score
Country
France
Could someone help me get my hands on those raws (48 and onwards) please ? :( I can't find them in the raws subforum, and google isn't of any help, so thanks a lot to anyone who has a link ^^

~edit : I looked in the raws section once more, but all I can see with the "gangan" prefix is a bunch of FMA and 666 Satan releases...

Last edited:

Zoe

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
^ They get posted to the Gangan Scan Dump thread.

thanks for the translation zoe! Wow chapter 49 was awesome....
Blackstar,my favourite character is kicking ass! So,if I understood things right...he ate people's souls in order to surpass a god(and probably cure the damage on his own soul) but didn't do that to follow the path of a demon, but to follow the path of the sword who doessomethingthatican'tremember, and is now extremely powerful and kicking ass?
I think the Deer was telling him that wanting to be more than a god was just another foolish dream like those of the people who had been eaten by the Youtou in the past. In order to take control of the Youtou, he had to accept the burden of carrying all of those souls' regrets and to fight for their sake (fighting so they could "live again").

... I think.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
According to the Soul Eater official site, there will be a new ED in July by Nishino Kana called 'Style.' Odd that a new OP hasn't been listed, as usually Studio BONES shows normally switch OP and ED at the same time. Maybe it hasn't been decided yet?

http://www.souleater.tv/music/index.html

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
EDs usually switch every 13 episodes, OPs switch every 26. So usually the OP and ED will change at the same time at episode 27, 53, and so on.

I need to get caught up on the manga... it's a bit confusing with the anime being so far behind:XD

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
EDs usually switch every 13 episodes, OPs switch every 26. So usually the OP and ED will change at the same time at episode 27, 53, and so on.

I need to get caught up on the manga... it's a bit confusing with the anime being so far behind:XD
Yeah but BONES shows usually change both at 14, 26, and 40. Look at FMA and Eureka Seven. Again maybe the 'resonaunce' tie in with TM Revolution is so good that they want to keep up until 26? Or like for a few other shows this season, it just hasn't been decided yet. Either way I look forward to the anime now that it's starting up with the main plot ^^.

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Maybe they have a different policy for series that have a definite length vs series that have no end in sight. Soul Eater is ongoing as far as I know. It's unlikely that they haven't decided this late... unless they're being forced to embargo the info until the artiste/talent agency is ready to announce it.

to get this back on topic...
has the story gone back to the who killed BJ plot yet or is it still on the assault on Arachne? because I'm more interested in what's going on with Stein dammit.:3

Last edited:

Zoe

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently 44 had extra pages in the tankoubon. I don't think this is worth posting to the trans section, so here are the extra lines:

Pg. 9

死武専 課外授業受付
Text: Shibusen, Extracurricular Lesson Reception Area

Text: Completed

おばちゃんありがとー♪
Girl: Thanks, ma'am

はいはいッお疲れ様!!
Woman: Yes, yes, good work!!

Pg. 10

じゃあよろしく頼んだ キムたちが帰ってきたら伝えといてくれ カゼひくなよ
Naigs: Then, I'm counting on you. When Kim and Jackie get back, let me know. Don't catch a cold

うす
Kirikou: Gotcha

はい
Ox: Okay

ナイグスさん こちらにもまだキムは帰ってないようです
Man: Naigs-san, it doesn't seem like Kim has returned

彼女が魔女と決まったワケじゃない 落ち着いた対処をしろよ
Naigs: It hasn't been determined that Kim is a witch. Treat this with caution

Pg. 22

あのトキナイグス先生ー...何て言ってたんだろ...
Kim: What was Naigs-sensei saying... at that time...

考えたくない...
Kim: I don't want to think about it

何だよあの女は...
Soul: What the hell, that girl is a...

魔女......
Maka: witch......

みんなだって今ごろ...
Kim: Right now everybody's probably...

ウソつきが...
Kirikou: That liar...

オックスだって...
Kim: And Ox...

キムー...君が魔女だってなんて...
Ox: Kim... What's this about you being a witch...

Pg. 23

あんたの想い...いつもみんなに見られて恥ずかしかったー...
Kim: Your feelings... It was always embarrassing for everybody to to see...

ちょっとやめてもらいたいって思ってたよ...
Kim: I had thought that I wanted you to stop...

よくも今までだましてくれましたね
Ox: How dare you deceive us all this time

だけどー...
Kim: But...

いやだ......
Kim: No way......

私死武専に帰りたい...
Kim: I want to go back to Shibusen...

みんなと一緒にいたいよ......
Kim: I want to be with everybody......

Gekkani

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Argh, where is the scan of 49? I want to see what all the fuss is about already, but am currently too lazy to do the old fashioned look at raw while reading translation thing.

This goes on much longer and I'll probably crack, and make an overly crappy Edited Manga myself, I probably have enough time to do so...hmm.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
great to see black stars entrance. And what a ENTRANCE. For a minute I thought the Kishin was going to mess up everything. Who do we see: black star.

He'll become very strong

Gekkani

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That was a nice bonus at the back of the tome, a picture of Maka, Black Star and Kid when they're older, with what seems to be the death scythe versions of Soul, Tsubaki and the Thompson Sisters....god knows what the hell weapon that the latter seems to have become is though.

bunshindattebayo

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Could someone mirror the Tome 12?
Megaupload never allow me to download anything.:darn
EDIT:Nevermind.Looks like now MU has allowed my country to free download.:amuse

Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was a nice bonus at the back of the tome, a picture of Maka, Black Star and Kid when they're older, with what seems to be the death scythe versions of Soul, Tsubaki and the Thompson Sisters....god knows what the hell weapon that the latter seems to have become is though.

Oh those are just omake drawn by different artists that either know Ookubo or have drawn with him before. They're just giving him a shout out to celebrate Soul Eater getting an anime. I don't think they have anything to do with the actual series itself....

....they are badass though.

The one you're talking about is by Shiozawa Takahitoshi.
It reads 'Congradulations! I can't wait to see your characters moving soon Ookubo-san.'

-Shiozawa Takahitoshi.

The manga one (I'm sure Zoe will do this later...) Is by Tonogai Yoshiki

The Kim one reads 'Congrats on getting an anime!!'

and it's by Maru Tomoyuki.

Gekkani

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ah makes much more sense now. Makes me wish sometimes that my college had Japanese as a subject.

Best non-private in the country my ass x.x

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, I need a generic Soul Eater fix, I'm so damn bored.

Windmillblade

Reaction score
Country
United States
can sum1 upload to megavideo

Hanami

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The link isn't working anymore :(

Shake

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Jeej, finally SE 49 and 50 have appeared as Edited Mangas on onemanga! :) Many thanks to the people for making it!!!

btw love the black star fight, the fey blade and short sword look very nice:amuse

monkeyd8892

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jeej, finally SE 49 and 50 have appeared as Edited Mangas on onemanga! :) Many thanks to the people for making it!!!

btw love the black star fight, the fey blade and short sword look very nice:amuse
Your welcome very much, i hope everyone enjoys the manga, and there was the best clifhanger of them all,

i have a question, is this were we discuss the manga???? for soul eater???

as for the manga releases

To be continued in the August issue, 7/12 (Sat) release