Shounen - Spiral by Shirodaira Kyou & Mizuno Eita | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Spiral by Shirodaira Kyou & Mizuno Eita

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well, Minna-Scan is up and running. Minna-scan's main project is Spiral and we plan on releasing more spiral as time goes on (How unexpected XDDD)
Hope you appreciate it. Any help will be appreciated, if it's Mirroring our releases, helping distributing, spreading the news, providing us with bots (yes, yes, we need bots ^^"), helping with the team itself (the more the merrier :P) or just lurking in our channel (#Minna-scan@irc.irchighway.net).

Well, for now, you can download 17-18, Either from Lurk or from our bot or from our site.
www.Minna-scan.net

from now on (starting chapter 21) new releases will be on the Minna scan forums www.minna-scan.net/forums

megafan999

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Re: [Minna-Scan] Spiral 17-18 released

OMG!!! More Spiral!!! Thank you!!! You're great!!!

HopeChest

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

OMG I love you! I'm so happy there's more Sprial!

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel

thanks for mirroring, fox, it's good to see many pleased people :P

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have a very very off topic qustion............ Is this manga lincenced or not??? i mean i keep hearing Tokyopop has the rights and they where going to do it but then nothing?...

also how many chapters are there in total for Spiral (not counting alive) ?

Woofie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Nope. They thought they had it, and announced it a couple of years ago... but they never released anything, and earlier this year I believe they announced that they no longer had the license. On the Tokyopop forums it's definitely been confirmed that they don't have the license for it [anymore], anyway. There were apparently some issues with Enix, or something... no idea what though. :p

Anyway, I'm unbelievably happy about this being scanlated. ^_^ I've been wanting to read Spiral for about 4 years now, but could never find translations. I was really pleased when TP announced they had it, but after months of waiting, it was really annoying when they announced they didn't anymore. >_< Especially considering that this farce probably stopped anyone from Editing it during this period too. It was great when Inane started doing it, but then they stopped so early on... :notrust Since then, I've been dreaming of the day when someone else started Editing it (or TP actually sorted out their issues and picked it up again). ^_^

So yeah... thanks a lot for this. :amuse I really hope you can continue doing it right to the end.

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel

ssjohn, there are 15 volumes at total. (Spiral has ended a year or two ago Oo)

And we're here to end this series :P

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States

^_^ i knew 15 vols just wondering what was final chapter >_<

Yea i know ^-^ *just hopes you will be able to do Alive that is running now in GanGan >.<*

Good luck ! *must d/l c1-18 -_- *

psychohare

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

is anyone interested in the chinese versions? i got volumes 1-13 currently and downloading the last 2...
i know im not supposed to post this here, but it's for the good of Spiral fans!

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: Spiral release (by Minna-scan and Gensokyo) and discussion topic, Latest: c19

Well, I guess I should announce our site www.minna-scan.net is up now, although with no layout yet, but you can get our releases there.[br]Posted on: November 14, 2006, 02:59:06 PM_________________________________________________Well, all of the spiral fans, we're back, and with Spiral 19 now, so go on and download it from the site

www.Minna-scan.net

And enjoy :P

Now it's a joint with Gensokyo after some problems with editing ^^"

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Spiral release (by Minna-scan and Gensokyo) and discussion topic, Latest: c19

good to see it released again!

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: Spiral release (by Minna-scan and Gensokyo) and discussion topic, Latest: c21

Enjoy!! Another chapter is released!! Now it's chapter 20 and the bomb game story is over!! :P[br]Posted on: January 29, 2007, 03:55:49 PM_________________________________________________Well, now chapter 21 and a new version of chapter 19 are released, go to the Minna-scan forums to get them www.minna-scan.net/forums

BlaZeR

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Spiral release (by Minna-scan and Gensokyo) and discussion topic, Latest: c21

Where can I find earlier chapters? like say...chapter 1 ;P

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Anyone recommend this manga?

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

BlaZeR said:
Where can I find earlier chapters? like say...chapter 1 ;P
stoptazmo for per chapter
#lurk for per volume

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

So does anyone recommend this series?

fkeidjn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

rankgain said:
So does anyone recommend this series?
I don't know about this manga specifically, but I did start reading the prequel, Spiral Alive, to this manga series, which is interesting so far.

John Galt

Reaction score
Country
Israel
A question for Spiral fans and/or Japanese readers

I've been reading an English translation of Spiral: Alive online. As the atmosphere reached a climax, the last volume suddenly ended without giving the readers a clue as to how things turned out (even in the short run). I found out that all available scans had the story end too early. Therefore, it's either because of the original manga or because of the English translation.

The latter seems plausible, because I noticed there is no English version of the manga available on Amazon, so I conclude what I read was probably a fan translation, and may not be too reliable. However, there's always the possibility that the author chose to leave the ending open, and have the readers imagine the resolution, on pseudo-artistic grounds, in which case it sucks.

I would like to know whether the original Japanese manga has a decent ending. Note that in the translation there are 5 volumes and 23 (or 23.5) chapters, the last of which is titled Charlotte. If the Japanese version has more to offer, it would likely have an additional chapter. This question can be answered by a proficient Japanese reader (not necessarily familiar with the manga itself) by simply looking it up in Japanese.

Plus, in case the Japanese version does contain additional content, any spoilers will be appreciated.

Last edited:

John Galt

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: A question for Spiral fans and/or Japanese readers

Problem solved. The manga has not been fully translated yet.