Star Wars General Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Star Wars General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yesterday, GK and I happen to chat a bit about Star Wars and I thought it could be interesting to see your points of view.

What do you think of Star Wars in general? Do you like it or not?

Is it better than other science-fiction-series you know (i.e. Star Trek)?

Which Star Wars do you like better? The "older" one (episode IV-VI) with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa or the "newer" one (episode I-III) with Anakin Skywalker and Obi wan Kenobi?

I personally like the old series better. I like the charming character of Han Solo and the story was more interesting. Episode I and II were quite boring IMO. III was ok but quite bombastic with all those special effects and overall it doesn't reach my love for ep IV-VI.

So, gimme your opinions, ok? ;)

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
i think the older ones are better than the new series...but i must say i never become a fan of star wars. i always thought that the story could be told in a better way..but other than that thanx to star wars, so that science-fiction type films had fought enough support from movie makers :)

hatakescarecrow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
The sith should have won they have so much uber powers and yet they lost?????????????????
And yeah the old series was better.However I wished darth vader abused the death star more often.

Edit: for all star wars fans with nothing to do, go to funny flash movies thread in fun forum :smile-big

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway

^says it all. ;)

The OT are my favourite movies of all times. ^___^ (Of course, Empire is best out of those three).

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm also a fan of the old series as well. Especially considering the new episodes I practically hated until the third episode.

Though, I had made a vow not to watch Episode 3 after Episode 2 (which had disgusted me so much it's one of the few movie rants I've ever done on any forum) but after hearing so much about how good Episode 3 was, I decided to give it a try. Episode 3 WAS good. But Episodes 1-3 is still total crap compared to Episodes 4-6. I even liked the special effects better in the old series for the most part, since they at the very least looked believable. Lucas tried to cram TOO much eye candy in Episodes 1-3 in comparison.

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
3 was awesome as well! The battles were baffling, and the final dialouge between Anakin and Obi was so emotional. ;_;[br]Posted at: February 21, 2006, 08:30:45 AM_________________________________________________And now for a classic link:

http://winterson.com/2005/06/episode-iii-backstroke-of-west.html

Captions from a chinese pirated DVD of Episode III, where the subtitles has been translated from English to Chinese, then to English again. Result? hilarity. :D

KaiserRyuujin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Original Trilogy all the way, when Vader was menacing and evil, and just made you think "Wow what a bad ass!" Now, after the new trilogy its...hard to see him in that same light. Because well Lucas messed up Ep. III by not wanting acting and just special effects, which making some of Obi-Wans lines sound like something out of a bad Soap Opera >_< But you cant beat the original, there was actual emotion going on, the Lightsaber battles were more personal and really you couldnt see all the openings like you can in the new trilogy saber fights, I still laugh at Episode II with Anakin facing Dooku and he basically opens his arms out to give Dooku a hug (what it looks like) and gets his hand lopped off.

I stand by some the people that said for those that made Knights of the Old Republic should of made the new trilogy I think they could of done a better job with story and so much more then what Lucas did, he kind of killed some his long time characters. I think they should of ripped away his money towards the end and tried to get him to go back to how he used to do it and make at least the last movie better then it was.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
i knew that site already :D it's so damn funny :D

hatakescarecrow

Reaction score
Lol. looks like OT is by far the greatest.Although i'm not crazy about the yoda hand pupet thing. Well i watched the remake anyway.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
How can you NOT love Yoda :amuse

Puppet or CGI...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hatakescarecrow said:
Well i am not a fan of green hand puppets
I still think the CGI Yoda looks more fake...

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Wait wait! How could you not love Yoda fighting!! "save day i am gonna! next movie mine chuck norris is feature!"

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
True. Yoda fighting was so gorgeous! One of my favourite scenes!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Khaludh said:
Wait wait! How could you not love Yoda fighting!! "save day i am gonna! next movie mine chuck norris is feature!"
I laughed more than was impressed :amuse

It made for GOOD comedy, but I didn't think it was all that believable. I always imagined Yoda as a sort of Force's version of Sidious, being able to harness the Force and using it as sort of wizardry if you will. I didn't expect him to be a lightsaber-handling type of combatant at all.

hatakescarecrow

Reaction score
Too bad I Loled when i saw yoda jumping and slashing in ep 2 and 3

Khaludh said:
Imagine that yoda doing a roundhouse kick :smile-big

okyatoks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes! The only good thing about the Star Wars prequel is the Yoda fight scenes... really!

And I really hate this scene:

Anakin: "Master, whaterver happened to Padme?"
Darth Sidious/Palpatine: "It seems that Padme died....blah, blah, blah" (he,he,he)
Anakin: "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!"
then explosions... (so lame)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe we could do this scene:

Me: "Whatever will happen to the Naruto Anime Series...."
TokyoTV: "It seems that we will be showing you more fillers..." (he,he,he)
Me: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!" (shall I add more Os?) :p

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah....the story of ep 1 - 3 was kinda lame.
I think that the 3d ep out of these is the best but when I recently watched it again I noticed that it was so boring that I stopped it.
When I watched it in cinema it was quite ok though.

I have heard that originally there should be 9 episodes. The current 6 ones and then 3 which should play after the Luke Skywalker blabla part (ep 4-6). Is that right?

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
3 was glorious. :mad

And there is no plan for 7-9. Lucas has said a lot of times that "the Star Wars saga has always been about the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker", so there isn't really a reason to make them..

Status
Not open for further replies.