Round of 16 - Sting vs God Serena | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Sting vs God Serena

Who will advance to the Quarterfinals?

• Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • God Serena

Votes: 61 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted God Serena.

Only because I never saw Larcade as much of a threat as he was hyped up to be throughout the arc. Any decent mage should be able to defeat Larcade, especially after we found out that August is the special child, and not the "White Dragneel".

God Serena never had any assistance from his comrades, but Sting had a little back-up from Rogue and Kagura.

Push comes to shove, I would say God Serena wins.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
God Serena wins this. The only reason Sting managed to beat Larcade was beacause he was the perfect counter against his magic, and it was a team effort. Sting does not have a counter against God Serena, instead I think God Serena could counter Sting (the same way he countered Natsu with a different elemental magic), beacause of his versatility in magic.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Serena impressed me the most. He got a praise from August and Gildarts and his fellow Wizard Saints feared him. My vote goes to him.

Last edited:

HybridTheory

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
God Serena stomps Sting

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nothing about Serena showed he was weak, so I'm going with Serena. Sting and Rogue got solo'd by Natsu, even, which is pretty embarrassing.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Serena. His historia was a challenge for Natsu & co. where Gildarts bailed them out.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It took me a long time to reach this conclusion... but I have to go with God Serena. High-Extreme Difficulty.

Had I taken Rogue's power into account, WSDM Sting would have won. However, I already decided from the beginning that this tournament should assess a character's power without any external boost. Hence, I consider Sting to be on Erza's level.

The only difference here is that Sting has the ability to move within the shadows which should give him the upper hand. God Serena is not very fast himself so in theory, he should be defeated like this:

At the same time though, God Serena can slow him down with this attack, forcing Sting out of the ground:

Power-wise, I think they are equal. Durability and versatility would go to God Serena while endurance/stamina and speed goes to Sting. I don't see intelligence being a factor here. Overall, it's a close match.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
It took me a long time to reach this conclusion... but I have to go with God Serena. High-Extreme Difficulty.

Had I taken Rogue's power into account, WSDM Sting would have won. However, I already decided from the beginning that this tournament should assess a character's power without any external boost. Hence, I consider Sting to be on Erza's level.
Pretty much this. Personally I've never understood the rationale for using the WSDM Sting that fought Larcade in this tournament. That Sting was on the very high end of Spriggan level but considering he had Rogue's mp at the time (and we're all aware of the difference in power between initial unlocking of modes and subsequent uses thereafter), the WSDM that he can activate himself shouldn't be any stronger than low-mid Spriggan level. God Serena should take this with around high-diff.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol i cant believe u guys will give sting high diff. sting with wdsm is on FKDM natsu level (would have said base natsu but he is on god tier now) sting gets mid diff at best
:teehee..... Natsu Above God-tier since he one-shot one in Avatar Arc

This one goes too... GS

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
God Serena at most mid diff. Too much spam but WSDM deserves our respect. Sting isn't a scrub, God Serena is just too much for him solo dolo, his historia overwhelmed Team Natsu, more than justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.