Discussion - Strawhat Pirates VS Redhair Pirates | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Strawhat Pirates VS Redhair Pirates

Do you think Strawhats and Redhair Pirates will "duke it out"?

• Total voters

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Let's say that when Strawhats finally get to meet Redhair Pirates they will decide to test Luffy's promise of getting a crew as good as Shanks'. It most likely won't be a fight to the death but rather a friendly brawl. How would you match up the crew members?

My choices are the following:
1. The most obvious match-up: Testing who the better sniper is in the family, father vs son: Yassop vs Usopp.
2. Battle of the beasts: The RHP member who was paired with Avalo from BBP during MF faces Chopper.
3. Manly duel: Cyborg Franky faces the guy with a dragon tattoo who was paired with Burgess.
4. Jungle vs the sea: First son of the sea Jinbe faces off the monkey tamer.
5. Battle of the stars: The star of Weatheria Nami faces Rockstar of RHP.
6. Battle of the serious duo: Nico Robin faces the guy who looks like her male version, was paired with Lafitte.
7. 2nd-grade swordsmen: Soul King Brook faces the guy with a ponytail, paired with DocQ, possibly a samurai of RHP.
8. The tacticians: Vinsmoke Sanji faces the most intelligent man - Benn Beckman.
9. WSS candidate: Will Zoro surpass Mihawk's best rival, the yonko Shanks?
10. The battle of gluttons: Limitless appetite of Luffy competes against Lucky Roo.

It's still too early and we lack almost all info about Redhair Pirates and many will probably find my match-ups weird, especially the captains not facing each other but to me, it makes more sense. What do you guys think of possible friendly match-ups?

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy vs Lucky Roo?
Zoro vs Shanks?

With the relationship between Luffy and Shanks... You think Luffy will ignore him and face Lucky Roo? THAT makes more sense to you? Really? @nik87 I like you, but wtf lol.

Everything else I seriously liked to a degree....

Luffy vs Shanks
Zoro vs Ben Beckman
Sanji vs Lucky Roo

THAT is clearly the most obvious match ups.

Beckman is Vice Captain so challenging Zoro is a given

Lucky Roo seems to be the 3rd man in Shanks crew making his fight Sanji make more than enough sense.

What are you doing here bro? Making a fool of yourself? Do us a favor. Take the night. Enjoy New Years... and wake up tommorow and delete this...

:p (You know this is all love)

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
With the relationship between Luffy and Shanks... You think Luffy will ignore him and face Lucky Roo? THAT makes more sense to you? Really? @nik87 I like you, but wtf lol.
Okay, this made me laugh. :XD

Your match-ups make sense too, I cant argue that, it crossed my mind as well, if we match them based on the position in the crew.
BUT, I can't see the two crews having a bloodthirsty battle till the end.
That's why I paired them based on similarities of their combat skills/styles.

Sanji fights with his brain, it often requires outsmarting the opponent. The perfect match-up would be Beckman whose intelligence was highlighted.
Mihawk's dream is for someone to surpass his rival Shanks and who else is better for that than Zoro...
Luffy vs Lucky Roo seems underwhelming I agree, I paired them since Lucky Roo looks similar to Luffy's Boundman form. We lack any feats for Lucky Roo, it may turn out that he is a beast physically which would make him a great fit for Luffy.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, this made me laugh. :XD

Your match-ups make sense too, I cant argue that, it crossed my mind as well, if we match them based on the position in the crew.
BUT, I can't see the two crews having a bloodthirsty battle till the end.
That's why I paired them based on similarities of their combat skills/styles.

Sanji fights with his brain, it often requires outsmarting the opponent. The perfect match-up would be Beckman whose intelligence was highlighted.
Mihawk's dream is for someone to surpass his rival Shanks and who else is better for that than Zoro...
Luffy vs Lucky Roo seems underwhelming I agree, I paired them since Lucky Roo looks similar to Luffy's Boundman form. We lack any feats for Lucky Roo, it may turn out that he is a beast physically which would make him a great fit for Luffy.
While I disagree, the general consensus is that of Zoro beats Mihawks then Zoro>Shanks without them ever crossing blades. So I dont think they ever need to fight.

I'm just imagining a panel where the Strawhats encounter the Red Hair Pirates and Luffy giving his Strawhat back to Shanks and then proceeding to ignore him and fight Lucky Roo

And Shanks just standing there like "What the FUCK" until Zoro comes

I literally cant stop laughing (Probably cuz I'm drunk*)

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
only luffy,zoro,jinbei can survive this match (if we were talking the fight matchup is based on rank)

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Mihawk's dream is for someone to surpass his rival Shanks and who else is better for that than Zoro....
I don't quite understand this statement. Mihawk has that kind of a dream?

Luffy vs Shanks all the way.

They'll pretty much compete on who has the strongest conqueror's haki. Like — they'll go to a random island, and luffy will knock out say - 100,000 persons.

And then they'll sail to another island, where Shanks would also try knocking out as much random persons as he can. And then they'll decide whose haki was stronger.

Zoro would definitely fight Benn. They would have this long ranged fight where Zoro would be sending his long range slash attacks, while Benn would also be sending his long ranged (possibly hakied) gun bullets. They seem like a good pair if you ask me.

If I didn't know you were his fan, I would've said you were not satisfied he lost his left eye fighting mihawk, now you also want him losing his left hand fighting mihawk's rival too!?

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I don't quite understand this statement. Mihawk has that kind of a dream?

Luffy vs Shanks all the way.
Shanks is primarily a swordsman and thats why I paired him with Zoro instead of Luffy.

Zoro would definitely fight Benn. They would have this long ranged fight where Zoro would be sending his long range slash attacks, while Benn would also be sending his long ranged (possibly hakied) gun bullets. They seem like a good pair if you ask me.
I dont see them as good pair tbh. I would rather pair Usopp against Beckman than Zoro. Their fight styles are completely different. I would pair Zoro with the one that I paired with Robin or the one I paired with Brook in the original post, both appear to be swordsmen. That is if Zoro wouldnt be paired with Shanks.

If I didn't know you were his fan, I would've said you were not satisfied he lost his left eye fighting mihawk, now you also want him losing his left hand fighting mihawk's rival too!?
The chances of losing an arm are higher if you pair Luffy with Shanks. :teehee

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Shanks is primarily a swordsman and thats why I paired him with Zoro instead of Luffy.
Ok, the data book clearly backs your claim, in that he's looking for a swords master, that is better than Shanks — in the ways of the sword.

Well It could just be a case of giving Kaido a sword. Mihawk would most likely have a hard time hurting him, as It would be difficult to bypass his skin or armament.

But for Mihawk — the fight won't be fun
because Kaido doesn't know the ways of the sword, or the skills involved in sword fighting.
That's basically how i see it. Maybe the interpreter's opinion in bracket, made it to look like he's generally looking for someone stronger than shanks, instead of someone that is more adept with the use of swords.

The chances of losing an arm are higher if you pair Luffy with Shanks. :teehee
I was under the impression you were pairing them with things they had in common. In which case, both captains have conqueror's haki.

But on the contrary, the chances of Luffy losing an arm is actually slimmer than you think. As if it's that easy to cut him when he's focused in the fight, irregardless of the added advantages his fruit allows him, as in, being able evade attacks even after his oponent has rightly guessed the next place he would evade to.

Unless Swords masters can send slash attacks in all directions, at the same time, and then keep at it for every single seconds — then yeah you're right, there's no way he would land hits without getting cut.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I was under the impression you were pairing them with things they had in common. In which case, both captains have conqueror's haki.
I paired them based on the combat style, both are swordsmen. Of course, it's possible that Shanks has more combat styles but for now we dont know.
The pairing of captains is possible sure, I wanted to hear everyone's opinion, however, CoC is not a combat style. We still have to see any use for CoC when top-tier fights top-tier.

But on the contrary, the chances of Luffy losing an arm is actually slimmer than you think. As if it's that easy to cut him when he's focused in the fight, irregardless of the added advantages his fruit allows him, as in, being able evade attacks even after his oponent has rightly guessed the next place he would evade to.
Unless Swords masters can send slash attacks in all directions, at the same time, and then keep at it for every single seconds — then yeah you're right, there's no way he would land hits without getting cut.
Yeah, it's not easy to hit Luffy but my point is that he would have to be too much on the defensive and focus on evading attacks from Shanks, simply bad match-up. That's why I paired him with Lucky Roo because I think they could have similar combat styles, if anything they would fight who gets to eat more meat. :D

Reactions: kcd

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I imagine a rivalry of sorts. I'm sure Luffy will want to fight Shanks and Zoro will fight Beckman. Not sure who Sanji will face really... All the while Usopp and Yassop duke it out by being the best coward, each hiding and launching gag shit til they actually snipe each other for real.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even though Luffy said to Law that he wants to go after all the yonko, I think it'll be different with Shanks. I believe they'll clash, but I doubt the seriousness of it and to what degree their crews will be involved. Ideally for me, Shanks and his crew will test Luffy and the SHs by fighting them and challenging their worth in being able to see out the rest of the journey.

It'll either be this(my personal choice of how it plays out between them) or Luffy won't get the chance to fight Shanks or the Red Hair Pirates at all. Take that as you will :hee.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It's unlikely Luffy and Shanks would fight. Even if they were to compete with each-other, they won't jump at each other's throat.

Anyway:

Luffy vs Shanks (captains)
Jinbe vs Ben Beckman (a gunman and one of the most intelligent characters)
Sanji vs Lucky Roo (big eater)
Usopp vs Yasopp (snipers)

Last edited:

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Ok, the data book clearly backs your claim, in that he's looking for a swords master, that is better than Shanks — in the ways of the sword.

Well It could just be a case of giving Kaido a sword. Mihawk would most likely have a hard time hurting him, as It would be difficult to bypass his skin or armament.

But for Mihawk — the fight won't be fun
because Kaido doesn't know the ways of the sword, or the skills involved in sword fighting.
That's basically how i see it. Maybe the interpreter's opinion in bracket, made it to look like he's generally looking for someone stronger than shanks, instead of someone that is more adept with the use of swords.

Don't underestimate Mihawk he can make Kaido Bleed.

On the redhair vs strawhats at best I can see Luffy fighting Shanks to show him how much he improved then give him back the hat, but nothing too serious.

Reactions: kcd

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
mihawk is a wild card.
We know he didn't lose against shanks, he even still has his title now so possibly he won the duel. That should make him yonkou tier.
But then again, he can't one shot vista.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mihawk is a wild card.
We know he didn't lose against shanks, he even still has his title now so possibly he won the duel. That should make him yonkou tier.
But then again, he can't one shot vista.
They fought many times. It's not much of a rivalry if only one side wins.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
They fought many times. It's not much of a rivalry if only one side wins.
lol really? Is there any source for that information?
Damn, that just hyped mihawk even more.
I mean, shanks is the guy who can stop kaidou. Beating him in a duel definitely means something significant.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol really? Is there any source for that information?
Damn, that just hyped mihawk even more.
I mean, shanks is the guy who can stop kaidou. Beating him in a duel definitely means something significant.
Whitebeard said "duels" meaning they fought more than once.

They are rivals as well.

So it stands to reason that Mihawk Shanks both won and lost against eachother.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Shanks asked Mihawk if he came to settle the score. It means there have been more fights and winner is still undecided, otherwise no need to settle the score.
Worth pointing out, they competed in swordsmanship. My guess is that Shanks is overall stronger because his overall combat skills are better but when it comes to sword skills only then he is similar to Mihawk.

I dont think that Shanks is able to beat Kaido, we know that in 1vs1 Kaido is the winner. Shanks is very reasonable person and quality of his crew is probably very high, something like Strawhats will be in future. Kaido probably went after WB alone, without his crew and he was intercepted by Shanks. If there was a fight or not, we dont really know.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
. If there was a fight or not, we dont really know.
The Marines did say there was a "Skirmish" in the official translation. So by definition, some type of fighting happened.

My guess is that their was a clash between Kaido and Shanks, but ultimately Kaido back down due to Shanks talking him down.