Discussion - Strawhat Pirates VS Redhair Pirates | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Strawhat Pirates VS Redhair Pirates

Do you think Strawhats and Redhair Pirates will "duke it out"?

• Total voters

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I always doubt the kaido 1-on-1 thing.
Katakuri also has the record of not losing to anyone,but we know katakuri is not yonkou-tier.
The thing is, we know the legendary pirates are whitebeard and gold roger, not kaido.
I found it weird how someone like whitebeard would want assistance in his fights, he seemed like a person who held much pride (like how he didn't want to bring medical aids during marineford war so the marines wouldn't pity him)

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Don't underestimate Mihawk he can make Kaido Bleed.
Maybe you're right. Maybe after when Luffy, Kid, and Law knocks him (Kaido) out, and possibly injure him this arc, then everyone would say - "if Luffy can do it, then there's no chance in hell that Mihawk wouldn't have been able to... like we've been saying all along!" I see now that you might be absolutely right.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Katakuri also has the record of not losing to anyone,but we know katakuri is not yonkou-tier.
Katakuri fame is exaggerated, it was believed he never layed on ground in his entire life. When Big Mom was on a rampage, even him wouldn't dare to stop her.

I found it weird how someone like whitebeard would want assistance in his fights, he seemed like a person who held much pride (like how he didn't want to bring medical aids during marineford war so the marines wouldn't pity him)
Fighting alone would be foolish. As a real-life comparison, think of a gang of criminals.

TheSadFed

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
the theory about a dream Zoro vs Shanks is not that impossible, imo.

I mean Zoro will fall for Shanks, he is kinda a perfect trainer. I hope SH and RH will meet but i feel like something will happen to shanks soon (in terms of manga time)

He appeared way too much involved in huge arguments (like at the Reverie)

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I disagree, the general consensus is that of Zoro beats Mihawks then Zoro>Shanks without them ever crossing blades. So I dont think they ever need to fight.

I'm just imagining a panel where the Strawhats encounter the Red Hair Pirates and Luffy giving his Strawhat back to Shanks and then proceeding to ignore him and fight Lucky Roo

And Shanks just standing there like "What the FUCK" until Zoro comes

I literally cant stop laughing (Probably cuz I'm drunk*)
...is Zoro being stronger than Shanks if he can beat Mihawk really consensus? That seems wrong on a lot of levels. Shanks isn't Yonko for nothing. I mean, look at when Mihawk tried to slash White Beard just to test himself, he clearly seemed to know he was not in White Beards league, and I think the Yonko are generally in the same overall strength class. So I don't think it follows that if Zoro can beat Mihawk he is suddenly stronger than Shanks...that implies that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks right now.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Despite being called the Strongest Swordman, Mihawk doesn't appear to be on Shanks level based on all the official information we have. The Yonko have been repeatedly called the strongest pirates (i.e. when Garp first introduced then). Also Mihawk duel with Whitebeard's 5th commander is not so impressive.

If I had to guess, Mihawk can beat anyone in a bladed weapon combat, including White Beard with his bisento. But Shanks is not limited to his sword.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
...is Zoro being stronger than Shanks if he can beat Mihawk really consensus? That seems wrong on a lot of levels. Shanks isn't Yonko for nothing. I mean, look at when Mihawk tried to slash White Beard just to test himself, he clearly seemed to know he was not in White Beards league, and I think the Yonko are generally in the same overall strength class. So I don't think it follows that if Zoro can beat Mihawk he is suddenly stronger than Shanks...that implies that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks right now.
Consensus in the sense for Zoro fans who believe Mihawk > Shanks

The arguement is usually that because Mihawk is the WSS that he is stronger than Shanks(who is a swordsman) so if Zoro becomes the WSS than that, by default, means he's stronger than Shanks.

I do NOT believe Mihawk > Shanks overall, but I do believe Mihawk > Shanks in swordsmanship.

I was trying to avoid the inevitable arguement of Shanks vs Mihawk when I wrote that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Despite being called the Strongest Swordman, Mihawk doesn't appear to be on Shanks level based on all the official information we have. The Yonko have been repeatedly called the strongest pirates (i.e. when Garp first introduced then). Also Mihawk duel with Whitebeard's 5th commander is not so impressive.

If I had to guess, Mihawk can beat anyone in a bladed weapon combat, including White Beard with his bisento. But Shanks is not limited to his sword.
I fully agree

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Guys there is a reason why Mihawk is the world Strongest swordsman.

If it was just his swordplay and technique I believe Oda would have chosen another title for him like world best swords duelist or something.

It's like arguing that kaido's strongest creature title is only for non humans or zoans.

I don't see why people are so against Shanks being ever so slightly weaker than someone, especially when this person is his rival and used to duel him until he lost an arm.

Imo Mihawk is strong enough to duel and after days or weeks of fighting defeat Shanks

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

If it was just his swordplay and technique I believe Oda would have chosen another title for him like world best swords duelist or something.

It's like arguing that kaido's strongest creature title is only for non humans or zoans.

I don't see why people are so against Shanks being ever so slightly weaker than someone, especially when this person is his rival and used to duel him until he lost an arm.

Imo Mihawk is strong enough to duel and after days or weeks of fighting defeat Shanks
Swordsmanship is a skill, you can be strong in a particular skill. You can easily read that Mihawks swordsmanship is the strongest and it doesnt take the title away from him.

It's still incredibly impressive.

Either way, your response is why I wrote my initial post, to avoid these endless debates.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Swordsmanship is a skill, you can be strong in a particular skill. You can easily read that Mihawks swordsmanship is the strongest and it doesnt take the title away from him.

It's still incredibly impressive.

Either way, your response is why I wrote my initial post, to avoid these endless debates.
I respect your point of view and I wont keep this debate going.

It gets boring to discuss the same thing over and over again

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

I would say in Japanese "strongest" seems to be the word of choice for something like this.

But how exactly does that apply? There's are plenty of characters who used swords in the series: Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora, Law, Hawkins, Cracker, Gol D. Roger. Even Luffy did for a moment. Is Mihawk stronger than all of them?

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

So what your really saying is that there is a swordsman who is stronger than the World Strongest Swordsman LOL OK cool story bro!
unfortunatley for you and your logic what your saying is false!

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
So what your really saying is that there is a swordsman who is stronger than the World Strongest Swordsman LOL OK cool story bro!
unfortunatley for you and your logic what your saying is false!
Learn to read, he clearly said the Mihawk can beat anyone in blades combat, even Whitebeard lol

I swear your sense leaves you when you debate Mihawk vs Shanks...

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Learn to read, he clearly said the Mihawk can beat anyone in blades combat, even Whitebeard lol

I swear your sense leaves you when you debate Mihawk vs Shanks...
So you want me to be like you and have selective reading skills and only see and read what i like??
Nah i rather not!

You clearly failed to see when he said this : "But Shanks is not limited to his sword " when Oda has said otherwise!

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
So you want me to be like you and have selective reading skills and only see and read what i like??
Nah i rather not!

You clearly failed to see when he said this : "But Shanks is not limited to his sword " when Oda has said otherwise!
Oda never said Shanks is limited to his sword hahahaha, please provide evidence

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Oda never said Shanks is limited to his sword hahahaha, please provide evidence
Show me when Oda has shown him using anything other than a sword, and i guess the information regarding yonko and their bounty flew over your head!

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Show me when Oda has shown him using anything other than a sword, and i guess the information regarding yonko and their bounty flew over your head!
What about their bounties? Hahaha your bringing up shit that has nothing to do with this. Where is YOUR evidence that Oda says Shanks is limited to his sword.

Link something or your just talking out of your ass like usual

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Only you could start up an arguement with someone who says Mihawk could beat Whitebeard in bladed combat and STILL be salty lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Right lol HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
[Citation needed]