Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Edited Mangas By Ourselves | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Edited Mangas By Ourselves

Siru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What format is Slam Dunk - 10 Days After in?
I heard it was a DVD or Novel.

Siedhr

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Siru said:
What format is Slam Dunk - 10 Days After in?
I heard it was a DVD or Novel.
It's photographs of blackboard drawings. A bitch to edit, hence why it's taking so long.

Rheso

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even after the long explanation, i still don't know how you ended up with "Strays" as a groupname.
Has it anything to do with your affection for cats?

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Kastro said:
Even after the long explanation, i still don't know how you ended up with "Strays" as a groupname.
Has it anything to do with your affection for cats?
Good question. I can't believe I forgot to mention this. Our flagship manga is Vagabond. From Vagabond, comes Stray with a plural because it's a group. :tem That's basically the story. Also we do rather unknown manga, which strays from the mainstream.

CeZ ®

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I love the title of this thread! +your groups name, and your projects. I also like the fact that you stay serious about this, Siedhr!

I expect more Vagabond releases, I'm a huge fan of the manga. Thanks to Neo for introducing it to me ^^

Keep up the good job.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
CeZ ® said:
I love the title of this thread! +your groups name, and your projects.
Haha, thanks. Presentation is very important. Then it's about being substance at least as much as looks. :tem

I like your work too. I always read your speedscans of the popular shounen. Solid work, each week.

I also like the fact that you stay serious about this, Siedhr!
Chuck it up to me being older. I tend to be serious about stuff (even when I pretend not to be). Too little free time to take any other approach. Also, the group itself is a very good group, with very dedicated people. So it's a pleasure to work on releases.

I expect more Vagabond releases, I'm a huge fan of the manga. Thanks to Neo for introducing it to me ^^
That's great to hear. Vagabond should resume publication at the end of March and so will our releases. Meanwhile, Viz is publishing the latest volumes so there's a lot of Vagabond to appease the fans. :tem

CeZ ®

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Siedhr said:
I like your work too. I always read your speedscans of the popular shounen. Solid work, each week.
Thanks. I try to give back to the community as much as possible ^^

Can't wait for the latest volumes!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Indeed! When will we get our next releases? ;D

CeZ ®

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Probably when the raws come out :D

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
CeZ ® said:
Probably when the raws come out :D
Raws are not a problem generally. Except for Vagabond. For the rest, some chapters are stuck in QC, some are awaiting translations. We've had a few slow times recently. I'm working now to get us back on track.

As to the next releases, I'm gonna work my butt off to have some this week. I hope I won't make a liar out of myself yet again.

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
Yare yare daze, this needs some massive updating.

Aladar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Not so much.. Just move upcoming projects to current, and add that one or two upcoming.. :)

yui-kun

Reaction score
Ah, why is it that I get a 403 forbidden message whenever I try to go to your site? Did my IP get banned? T__T

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Link fixed, they moved sites again.

thedavemc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yeah go on then, I've got photoshop and I want to contribute to this stuff cos Vagabond is amazing, I have no experience of anything except fairly basic photoshop skills, but am prepared to learn, get stuff done etc, and I know the difference between a crap Edited Manga and a good one (I prefer the good ones). Let me know if I can help you.

Aladar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
yeah go on then, I've got photoshop and I want to contribute to this stuff cos Vagabond is amazing, I have no experience of anything except fairly basic photoshop skills, but am prepared to learn, get stuff done etc, and I know the difference between a crap Edited Manga and a good one (I prefer the good ones). Let me know if I can help you.
I will refer you to this page - http://strays.vnmanga.com/2007/04/16/strays-recruiting-staff/#more-22
We need only cleaners atm (well, from what I know.), so you will need to pass the cleaning test, and submit it to our forum. If you dont know much about cleaning, I recommend you THIS and THIS guide. Good luck, and thanks for being interested in our group, at the moment we need cleaners really bad. :(

kusomaru

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to volunteer to help clean. That is, if you still need the help.

phantom

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey i just started learning Japanese, i hardly know anything yet but if i can help lemme know

Last edited:

SolitaryKiwi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello... I'd like to help out if you need someone. Though it looks like you've got enough people except for cleaners, and I don't have photoshop. I'm not sure if I've got anything you need, but... I am learning my way around gimp, and I have time to devote to a project. I am learning Japanese, but it's still my first year, so you'll have to wait a bit before I'm any good at translating. :) I'd be willing to help with any sort of odd job I can. I'm looking for some sort of community and I'm interested in learning more about obscure, unknown mangas. I think that's it! Thank you for reading my too-long post!

Zenquibo

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
you're too young for my balls :(