1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Landmark Photography Contest has begun. Capture a picture of a landmark!

Voting has begun for the Musical Cover Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Ustegius for winning the Illustrated Children Book Drawing contest!
  5. The MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2018 are over. Celebrate the winners now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Shounen Tales of Demons and Gods

Discussion in 'Manhua' started by shaheer, Sep 8, 2015.

1. shaheer

shaheer Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Singapore
    Summary : In his past life, Nie Li was the strongest Demon Spiritist and stood at the pinnacle of the martial world. However, he lost his life during the battle with the Sage Emperor and the Six Deity Ranked Beast.

His soul was then brought back to when he was still 13 years old. Although he's the weakest in his class with the lowest talent at only Red soul realm, with the aid of the vast knowledge which he accumulated from his previous life, he trained faster then anyone.

He aims to protect the city which in the coming future will be assaulted by beasts and end up destroyed, as well as protect his lover, friends and family who died in the beast assault. And to destroy the Sacred family whom abandon their duty and betrayed the city in his past life.

Genre: Action Adventure Fantasy Martial Arts Romance Shounen

My rating so far: 8/10

2. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Philippines
  3. Barrier

Barrier Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United Kingdom
    Such a good Novel. I recommend it.

4. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Mangahelper

United States
    I just started reading the manhua of this. It is stunningly like Naruto. Even the artwork is actually kind of similar.

I'm liking it quite a lot too. Only up to chapter 11, already am a big fan of the love interest situation.

[​IMG]
    Though I'm a little dissapointed the crazy hot teacher is bad guy. It's such waste...

scav likes this.
  5. scav

scav MH's Most Passionate Member

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

The Wall
    totally different from naruto beside the hair color lol

6. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Really? You don't see any similarity in the artwork?

[​IMG]
    The kid looks to me exactly what Naruto would look like if you subtract the stupid jumpsuit, the whiskers, and bad haircut. And in the first few chapter he stands up and declares that he's going to be the strongest while everybody laughs at him. And his main rival in the early part of the series is an arrogant kid that looks like...

[​IMG]

I think the influences from Naruto on this manhwa are pretty obvious in the early parts.

7. scav

The Wall
    he's not even a rival but i guess in the beginning he could be called like that for 20 chapters or so

8. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    I certainly think so. The main love interest also looks a good bit like Hinata in my opinion.

The story will eventually end up being very different from Naruto, I'm up to date on the novel so I know where it's heading, but the artwork and early setup to me seems like it's taken heavy inspiration from it.

Thought I actually like the differences. Since Sasuke apologism and Naruto's idiocy are things that slowly chipped away at that series for me. It's almost as if Naruto found himself in back in genin school with all his memories from being hokage. The Sasuke character is douche and he stays in that role without making any excuses about it.

scav likes this.
  9. scav

The Wall
    didn't know you were reading the novel.
    good description of naruto and sasuke lol what i like is that the plot move on instead of classic shounen where you have one nasty rival that'll stick along during the whole story. dunnot why many authors can't just let go that formula.