Battle Round 1 - Tamahome vs. Obi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Round 1 Tamahome vs. Obi

Who wins?

• Tamahome

• Obi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Tamahome
Fushigi Yuugi
Obi
Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I will do a more in-depth post later but for now I will highlight reasons to vote for Tamahome:

He’s handsome
He can fight
He would make a great father
He knows how to make money
He protects his wife with his life
He broke the laws of the universe to be with the one he loves.

Vote Tamahome

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Post #1 - The First Encounter

Obi is a knight in the series Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

He is also a knight in my dreams. The knight :hurr

When I first saw him in anime form he was a hired assassin to scare Shirayuki, the pure maiden of the story. I think back to how he fired that first arrow at Shirayuki, it was a mere projectile to me then, but now, I see it as a vehicle of Cupid's will that the author drove right into my heart.

By the end of the first season, I knew I had feelings for him. Some general features I'll list for you:
❤ Handsome, skilled and fit. Handsome to get you licking your lips. The skills to get you nervous with anticipation. And the fitness to know you're in for a long night
❤ Intelligent and composed. Those traits on there own are okay, together they're fire
💘 Playful sense of humour. If you're a snobby royal, he might just have some fun and make you mad. If you're cute and pure, there is no helping you, he'll make you laugh, he'll tease you, let you tease him back and fall in love with him
💘 Gentle and caring. His soft touch is often unannounced, and that's why it's an unfair, killer move to my heart. Obi developed this the more he spent time with Shirayuki and the others. It's important to develop a sense of family, if you want to be my husband
💓 Obi is a dangerous man, no matter how kind he is, you know there's danger in him. That makes him completely sexy to me. He's no wild beast, he's in control. It's also comforting to know that, because when times get tough, and they will, he won't quit on me and run away. He won't be scared because he is something to be scared of :hurrgasm

To be continued tomorrow - How my deep love for Obi happened...

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Hotohori :hearts

Joking aside, I like Tamahome. He's cool and funny and his love for his family was pretty touching. And even though Hotohori is my favorite and was a little disappointed he and Miaka didn't end up together (though I saw it coming from volume 1), Tamahome was a character I couldn't help but to like and root for.

Only read the first chapter of Snow White with the Red Hair because I was curious about it. I don't know much about Obi, but I thought he looked cool when I saw him on the cover of volume 4 (and kind of whished he was the main guy). I'm interested in learning more about him when I pick up the manga again.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So someone who shall remain nameless wants to call Tamahome a bum. :notrust

Why Tamahome is a great husbando: He's a hustler for his family

That's right, when his dad was ill and needed money for his medication what did Tamahome do? He hustled on the street selling anything he could to provide for his family. Being the oldest, he had to go out and earn some money so his brothers and sisters had food to eat and his old man had medicine. He took on any job from beating people up to selling some possessions. Using his charism, he drummed enough business so his family could survive another day. Every day he would go out in the morning and come home at night only to repeat this cycle the next day. Growing up in poverty in ancient China was no joke.

You want to call this hardworking hunk a bum? Please, he's doing it for these people:

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
You want to call this hardworking hunk a bum? Please, he's doing it for these people:

Oh I see. Your nomination didn't end up being the quarantine loafer, but this vintage boy.

Anyways, I need more info in order to vote. Although you pretty much at a big disadvantage already with your tintin hate posts, and also it seems like Brandish is cooking up something spicy, so good luck :p

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh I see. Your nomination didn't end up being the quarantine loafer, but this vintage boy.

Anyways, I need more info in order to vote. Although you pretty much at a big disadvantage already with your tintin hate posts, and also it seems like Brandish is cooking up something spicy, so good luck :p
What information do you need? I’m happy to help.

I won’t beg. I won’t kiss ass. I stand by my comment. Tamahome would not approve. Even though he is a hustler he has a code of morals and will stick by them.

He is stubborn. He is passionate. He is determined.

Real Name: Sou Kishuku Senshi Name: Tamahome Birthday: 28th June Age: 17 years old. Height: 180cm. Blood Type: O Senshi Symbol: Ghost

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I only watched the Shirayuki anime, both seasons. I like Obi, but that drama he added near the end... :twitch

I can ignore that for this event though since it's not in-universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.