Semifinal - Tanjirou Kamado vs. Simon | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Tanjirou Kamado vs. Simon

Who wins?

• Tanjirou Kamado

• Simon

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Tanjirou Kamado
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Simon
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Ladies, Gentlemen, Non-binaries, all the others: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO

So. My campaign is NOT ready.
However for now I would like to ask you to watch this small vid (~7min) that convey in a better english (than mine) everything I've been meaning to say about Tanjirou.

A few comments that made me smile:

Doggo :3il y a 9 mois
Naruto: I’m the most positive anime protagonist
Tanjiro: Hold my sister

Orange Crewmateil y a 8 mois (modifié)
Depression: Exists
Tanjiro: I'm about to end this man's career.

Somanjan Pramanikil y a 7 mois
Tanjiro is an example of a humanity......He is a true human,a true son,a true brother,a true student,a true friend,a true hero.
and a true husband (if I might add).

아름Dawnil y a 4 mois
"the most powerful weapon one can wield is not a blade that can destroy demons, but rather kindness." Our Best boy Tanjiro

Hoping you will give your support to my kind hardheaded King this round too !

Vote for Tanjirou ! I'm counting on you :cheerbunny

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, my campaign isn't entirely ready yet either. What I want to show you isn't some Simon analysis though, but some definite proof of his husbando qualities you could see in the show.

It perfectly sums up what Simon and Nia go through together, from their childhood days to their eventual marriage. Especially the second half has some major spoilers, but it's for those of you who either don't mind or need a reminder of what made this pairing great :blush (it's really good, watch it please)

And for those of you who don't want to watch the vid for whatever reason, I've prepared some pictures : D

With that out of the way, I'll show you more of Simon's badass side next time, as promised :nod
As a little teaser, you may take a peek inside this spoiler :3

new set is coming too

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Simon is the obvious choice instead of blandjiro.

But, simon is only good like middle of the series, also moody simon is best simon.

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Helloooooo Tanjirou addicts.

My campaign is half done but I didn't and won't have time to do more. Also the round ends in less than 24 hours and I didn't want to not post anything.

For this round I wanted to talk about the ''Tanjirou effect'' that is to say how Tanjirou affects other people and what they think of him. I only had time to develop 3 examples but they're the most typical.

Himejima-san, the strongest hashira became very distrustful due to an event his past. So of course he was wary of Tanjirou who carried a demon with him everywhere. Yet when they got an opportunity to have a heart to heart talk, he was impressed by Tanjirou's personnality, who was so different from what he is used to see and it warmed his heart as it reminded him of some good memories he had. He gave Tanjirou all his respect from this point onward.

(I skipped a few pages)

I'd like to add that he calls Tanjirou a ''child'' because HE is almost 30. Don't come attacking me on Tanjirou's age or something cause we've been 'new. People can AGE Karen.
This example is another testimony of Tanjirou's honesty, straightforwardness (I hope this word exist), willfulness (this one ?) and how he always reflect on his actions (A healthy relationship is also based on each person being able to admit their wrongdoings). He also knows that despite his want to protect everyone with his own strenght he has to make hard decisions and count on others.

Next there is the guy from the mugen train. To make it simple and whitout spoiler, that person had become some kind of empty shell due to some events. And Tanjirou's warm heart kinda litterally warmed his.

(Damn I really love Tanjirou :squee)

There is also the child from the swordsmiths village who develop a friendship with Tanjirou. The boy was sad and insecure about the future. Tanjirou encouraged him to keep going because we don't know what the future holds for us, you have to believe in yourself. Don't give up on your goal, no matter what. His pep talk gave the boy the determination he needed. (He even becomes the one pushing Tanjirou afterwards)
Tanjirou does his best and it stimulates people on to do the same.

I wished I could have talked more about people he's close with:
How he pushed a coward Zenitsu to give his best
How he developped a strong bond with Inosuke who is used to live in the wild with only beasts
How he pushed Kanao to open herself to others
How he took care of his sister, preserved her human side and never ever gave up on her and finding her a cure
How he defended Kyojuro's honor in his last moments (against Akaza) and even after his death (against Kyojuro's father) ! (#Kyojuroprotectionsquad #wehateyouSenjuro but really are all flame users bad dads ???)
And basically won the respect of all the hashiras and people he encountered.

But to sum it up

No one:

People's hearts (including yours) when they see Tanjirou :

Listen to your heart
Vote for Tanjirou

See you next round ? :shynerv

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Haven't finished reading KnY, so I don't know whether Tanjiro ends up with someone at the end. But I think he's a good boy and has all the qualities of a good husband.

Simon x Nia is special. They are IMO the best couple out of the Gainax animes that I watched along with Jean x Nadia. Simon is sweet, caring and romantic, and his character growth was so satisfying.

So I'm voting Simon:verily

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I promised I'd deliver some more of Simon's badassery.
For starters, as I've already said in previous rounds, he started as just your average, insecure boy. Kamina was the one who who made him realize that he's capable of way more if he's willing to push beyond his insecurities. Of course he idolized Kamina, but that was just the starting point for him.

It was thanks to Nia and, most importantly, his own inner strength, that he managed to move beyond that. Now I want to share the pivotal moment that turned the little boy into a man. Beware of some spoilers, obviously.

"But he's on my back! In my heart! He lives on as a part of me!"

This alone is such a fantastic moment. I got goosebumps again just from watching this :zomg This is when he finally becomes his own person, while also acknowledging that other people and what they did are a part of him, too.

From that point on, he becomes the kinda guy I described and showed in earlier posts. Not like he's perfect or anything, no one is, but he starts to accept his own weakness and strength more and more. It's a great and motivating story, showing everyone that you can achieve almost everything you want as long as you keep fighting for it (and ofc have the support of good friends). Work on and cherish your strength, accept your weakness and who you are as a person. It's a simple lesson, but definitely far from being easily done.

Nevertheless, this guy pushed through all odds to achieve his happiness.

You might say it's your typical from 0 to hero story, but he's experienced loss. He's failed more than once, or got his dreams crushed out of nowhere (not going to explain this further to avoid spoilers). But he stands up again, always pushing for new heights.
I remember reading this Youtube comment, that sums his evolution up pretty well. Heavy spoilers inside:

"From digging through the earth, scared of monsters from the surface to punching the universe with a drill forged from his own blood. I love you, Japan."

Which is talking about another legendary moment : )

just look at this bod ladies

Again, we shouldn't forget that he's not just potential husbando material. Through willpower, kindness, and the earnest wish for happiness, he got the girl of his dreams.

Anyway, with that being said, I hope I could convince you to give this awesome dude your vote. He definitely fought hard for it I'd say. And even more importantly, I again strongly urge you to watch this anime if you haven't already! Or for those who already did, watch the movies. They sum up the series well and add some amazing scenes.

I thank all of you for reading this post until the end, and I hope to see you around next time : D Here's a little present for everyone :3

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And a special thanks to @Haya-san :blush Couldn't have said it any better

Status
Not open for further replies.