This guy is at it again

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No Bitch lines this time around. Such a joy to my ears.

Filo is... A blessing. That voice. Hnnnng!

Also Wowzers-kun. Never bring a LN Manga adaption to a LN Anime adaption thread. :arf

Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nice episode, but the 2nd half of it was filler. On the bright side, the filler had a hot-spring scene! :hurr
Next week we'll get the dragon and the curse shield.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Nice episode, but the 2nd half of it was filler. On the bright side, the filler had a hot-spring scene! :hurr
Next week we'll get the dragon and the curse shield.
Didn't watch the episode yet (will later tonight ) but the hot spring scene isn't filler, was in LN ( glad they following the LN really well )

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That was fun.

Filo is so arrogant and proud, did she hit puberty or something? :XD

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
That Hot spring scene though :hurr

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
First of all going to start with what last episode didn't include, it's nothing much but it's funny that in the LN after he reads the book and learns the recipes he basically absorbs the book page by page into the shield and that's how the shield book came to be :XD

as for this episode man filo and raph are so kawai especially raph with her expression plus her tail and ears :swoon

Btw the anime is giving the wrong picture of the feeling of raph for nao considering in LN, raph still doesn't understand adult love but wants attention....well I guess they did keep some with how raph thought that her parents were together because of a gift but this quote give the wrong idea that was never in the LN

(I guess she still innocent in a way XD)

Btw about raph growth situation, she isn't 10 years old mentally as she have a fully developed brain but it's the fact that her experience are of a 10 years old...so technically she still is a 10 years old.

While filo on the other hand seen by the fact she wants to mate, goes by the instinct of a bird and mentality, she still a child tho a kawai one that understand adult things to some extent.

Well that won't change the fact that nao still see them as his daughters and will never lewd

...and the cursed shield doesn't help with the fact that it restrict some of his emotions

Next episode preview

Can't wait for next episode and thr fact we finally see the cursed shield in action.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

:rofl

And this person shows up next episode!
(at least from the title she will)

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The fight was unimpressive... The rest was fine though. First Motoyasu, then Ren, will he have to clean up Itsuki's mess too?(That's his name, right?)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, some rough CG for that dragon. Still I enjoyed the adorable brutality of Filo.

Those other heroes are nothing but trouble...

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Ok so I just watched the episode and I'm honestly kinda disappointed, the episode was good but it was too rushed, the battle should have been in two episode to build up the tense, could have ended the episode with filo being eaten and the rage shield awaken at the end.

It's just that the feelings weren't there with raph bringing back nao to his sanity, in LN she literally slap him and was crying, here in the anime it was like she flipped his happy switch and he back to normal.
It missing if the development of the feelings make it so raph sacrifice meet nothing much and also it also downgrade how dangerous and scary the cursed serie is to the user (plus everything around him for wrath case ) but especially the user.
Also about nao, he also switched way to fast being form 0 to pure rage in just a few moments after he saw filo gets eaten.

And finally what the heck happen to the shield design ?
>>what it supposed to look like

It looks extremely different to the LN/manga, heck they did show the original shield in one PV, where did that go ?
LN version of Rage shield:

Manga version...It's not supposed to be called shield of wrath yet but whatever manga:

And in the PV that didn't happen

Those were the problems I had with the fight not the CG but it's mostly because I read the LN so it was kinda disappointed
Btw for the crystal case nao in LN didn't absorb it but took it to the blacksmith that incorporate it with his barbarian armour to make it barbarian amour +1, it also affected the rage shield, I assume in the anime it's the locked ionic that he's low lvled to use.

Finally F for raph, mission failed again you get him next time.
Tho nao did have a cute reason for refusing (not because he see her as a daughter )
In the past nao did sleep together but because she's too fluffy he can't contain himself but to fluffs up her tail, in fact he fluffs some without really thinking about it, that result in raph making too much noises and so he can't really fall asleep with everything going on form fluffy tail to noises :XD

Putting this LN panel here cuz I simply love the way raph and nao looks here ( filo is the third wheel )
You can feel by this panel raph being relieved and nao guilt
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So I went to the op and check maybe the rage shield was shown in it not enveloped by cursed flames to see if they did they original design

I was a fool to be hopeful thinking that the OG will be maybe put in the future

F for the design, it looks different especially the fact it's not red enough and not really black but gray, plus the edges are not of a flame look but a normal shield kinda.

Next episode PV

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Episode 8 was extremely well recieved on crunchyroll. Some even raged over the moment which naofumi went through when filo was eaten by the zombie dragon.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2019/02/27-1/fans-rage-over-curse-shield-in-episode-8?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=fbfp&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_fbfp_news

Here is link for MangaTokyo reviewing episode 8 which also had excellent reception (including this because I can already imagine some people saying crunchyroll is faking the news)
https://manga.tokyo/anime-review/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-episode-8-review-curse-shield

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Unsurprising reveal. Once I saw Melty I thought about Myne right away.

Naofumi's reaction is not surprising either after what happened. Raphtalia was a perfect waifu in this episode :hearts.

I am not sure if I hate or love Motoyasu anymore :catshrug.