The Understatement of the Year Award goes to:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure if I hate or love Motoyasu anymore :catshrug.
I am sure we all love watching him get kicked in the junk. That's a kind of "love" right?:amuse

One big difference I'm noticing from the webnovel to this version is that the other heroes are a lot less drastically flawed. Like in the WN they are all sort of spectacularly flawed in a particular way. Like the spear hero is self centered, self righteous, and stupid but the root of that seems to be immaturity. Like I'm not sure he's actually a terrible person. Definitely a stupid person but not evil per say.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Next Episode PV

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Spider-Man reference :Haha .

Looks like Ren is the only one among the three other Heroes with common sense. Their discussion made me notice that Naofumi is quite tall. He can be quite intimidating when he wants.

I had forgotten about the waves and stuff.

Last edited:

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Looks like Ren is the only one among the three other Heroes with common sense. Their discussion made me notice that Naofumi is quite tall. He can be quite intimidating when he wants.
Ren is definitely without a doubt the best hero among the heros (not including nao obviously) his only flaw is that he still young to really see the aftermath of what he does but he definitely the best one, while motoyasu is just..naive and easily mislead i honestly only pity him but definitely not hate him, especially to what happen to him in the LN...
For itsuki well he definitely the hero I hate
(while the other I don't ) damn that justice freak...more problem incoming that won't be covered in the anime most likely.

Btw if it's not obvious the update doesn't cost 50 cold coins but it's cuz it's the shield hero they made it expensive as hell not only because of the king but they own feelings as the shield hero in this country is considered the demon (shield demon) while the other are worshipped (eww, this country)

It was a great episode overall, an episode to set up what coming in the wave and after ALSO Waifu Glass incoming (can't say best girl as best girl is obviously raph )

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naofumi has to be the most Tsundere isekai main character. The way he asked for a bunch of money then had them use it to equip themselves. Adorable.:amuse

Also.. Long Live the Queen!

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Btw if it's not obvious the update doesn't cost 50 cold coins but it's cuz it's the shield hero they made it expensive as hell not only because of the king but they own feelings as the shield hero in this country is considered the demon (shield demon) while the other are worshipped (eww, this country)
Not to mention Naofumi has to get upgraded at the church... of the three heroes... (not the four). :sweat

A lot happened this episode as it's the prelude to a very big wave… also… Long Live the Queen!

Tux

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm really looking forward to seeing this anime overtake the manga. I haven't bought any of the novels yet and I need this story to pick up the pace :x3

I'm really looking forward to the return of the Queen, but also the battle of the second wave.
Is this the one with the Ghost Ship? Then after that is my favourite wave so far, on the island where Naofumi meets those two characters whose names I always forget but are awesome.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Next episode preview
best character

GOO GRANDMA
Tho sad it's not a broom like manga/LN but maybe she use it just not in this scene

I'm really looking forward to seeing this anime overtake the manga. I haven't bought any of the novels yet and I need this story to pick up the pace :x3

I'm really looking forward to the return of the Queen, but also the battle of the second wave.
Is this the one with the Ghost Ship? Then after that is my favourite wave so far, on the island where Naofumi meets those two characters whose names I always forget but are awesome.
yea I think it is the ghost ship...also I have no idea who those two charater you talking about but if it's the ones I think there are, they probably won't be included in the anime most likely the anime will end when the best judgement get served to myne and the king

Tux

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Next episode preview
best character

GOO GRANDMA
Tho sad it's not a broom like manga/LN but maybe she use it just not in this scene

yea I think it is the ghost ship...also I have no idea who those two charater you talking about but if it's the ones I think there are, they probably won't be included in the anime most likely the anime will end when the best judgement get served to myne and the king
That happens before the third wave? Shit I need to re read this series haha. I keep up with it but I've forgotten some things.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Carried by the Shield :XD.

Nice display of strength by Naofumi and his team there. Hopefully this'll make the others behave a little better. Despite their attitude it's rather nice to see all the heroes working together.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm a big fan of Kung Fu Granny.

We're offically completely out of the WN stuff now. This is all new for me.:hee

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm not quite agreeing with this one...
Raphtalia and Firo can be pretty heroic too!!

Granny and the soldiers too... but they're not there right now... afterall, they don't come equipped with magic weapons.... well, at least not the main ones in this story.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm not quite agreeing with this one...
Raphtalia and Firo can be pretty heroic too!!

Granny and the soldiers too... but they're not there right now... afterall, they don't come equipped with magic weapons.... well, at least not the main ones in this story.
To be fair, she did specify "Man".

And Kung Fu Granny is totally a hero. My hero, if nothing else.