Special Move - Techniques Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Move Techniques Discussion

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

LetalHawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Vanish is a ground smash. About the Mutsu's, I don't know, it's just normal synchro, maybe they use a more powerful version of synchro but it's like the normal one.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Vanish is a ground smash. About the Mutsu's, I don't know, it's just normal synchro, maybe they use a more powerful version of synchro but it's like the normal one.
Does he NEED to have one knee on the ground when performing it lol?

Why does Konomi clash against his own work?

He says Nakagauchi is faster here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-53158-4/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-30.html

But then he states otherwise here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-55183-2/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-31.html

Nakagauchi is 2.5 while Krauser is 3.

Reason to believe Fuji significantly increased his Strength stat after his loss to Shiraishi?

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27261-7/prince-of-tennis/chapter-364.html

Or was it that Niou is significantly weaker than Shiraishi? As Higuma Otoshi was no good against the real Shiraishi.

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think Konomi was trying to exaggerate Nakagauchi's strength but then forgot about it and made his speed stat lower lol. I reckon that Niou's power level is 3.5, the same as Shiraishi with the gold on. So Fuji's strength increased probably, or he improved the technique of Higuma Otoshi.

Here is something a little off track.
Which is faster: Fuu or Gyro Laser?
If Fuu is slower, is it faster than regular Laser Beam?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why does Konomi clash against his own work?

He says Nakagauchi is faster here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-53158-4/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-30.html

But then he states otherwise here:

http://www.mangareader.net/343-55183-2/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-31.html

Nakagauchi is 2.5 while Krauser is 3.
How does that clash? While you have two contradicting statements, they are made by different sources. Nakagauchi is completly dominating Krauser there, so one of the players in the camp says that Nakagauchi is better in all areas. He doesn't actually move a lot himself, so of course they couldn't make a proper judgement there. On the other hand, the stat sheet is from the coaches perspective who have much more data on both players (and as such it's probably the more accurate source).

Reason to believe Fuji significantly increased his Strength stat after his loss to Shiraishi?

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27261...apter-364.html

Or was it that Niou is significantly weaker than Shiraishi? As Higuma Otoshi was no good against the real Shiraishi.
There were only four days between the two matches, and Fuji didn't have access to any high tech training equipment there, so chances are Niou simply had less power than Shiraishi back then.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
How does that clash? While you have two contradicting statements, they are made by different sources. Nakagauchi is completly dominating Krauser there, so one of the players in the camp says that Nakagauchi is better in all areas. He doesn't actually move a lot himself, so of course they couldn't make a proper judgement there. On the other hand, the stat sheet is from the coaches perspective who have much more data on both players (and as such it's probably the more accurate source).
Konomi writes the manga. Give a reason why he would have the players who make the audience who since the first arc in Part I are the ones who explain the situation of the match, the abilities and techniques shout out simply inaccurate info?
Its not like Konomi has ever done that before. Yet he goes and says otherwise a few pages later.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Konomi writes the manga. Give a reason why he would have the players who make the audience who since the first arc in Part I are the ones who explain the situation of the match, the abilities and techniques shout out simply inaccurate info?
Its not like Konomi has ever done that before. Yet he goes and says otherwise a few pages later.
Remember all those rumors Kintarou twisted to get his weird perception of Echizen with three eyes and whatnot? Or Chitose saying that Tezuka was probably the closest to TnK after their match even though he arguably was one of the people farthest away at that point? Or all of the Rikkai regulars being on Tezuka's level when they're clearly not? How about Yukimura saying that Tezuka cannot be surpassed even though Sanada did just that a few chapters earlier? Fuji says he had trouble against Echizen during their practice match and that he might have lost if Echizen wasn't tired, then we get the flashback later on that reveals he wasn't anywhere near serious.
Those are just a few things from the top of my head, I'm sure there's more situations where the statement changes depending on what character makes it.

Basically, you have to differentiate between a character saying something from their point of view and Konomi saying something through a character. I freely admit that that's not always easy, but that doesn't mean he's never done it before.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Remember all those rumors Kintarou twisted to get his weird perception of Echizen with three eyes and whatnot?
Except this is where the players are watching a match live making it COMPLETELY different to rumours...

Or Chitose saying that Tezuka was probably the closest to TnK after their match even though he arguably was one of the people farthest away at that point?
He was the one playing the match, not watching it live in the audience up front. Konomi could have been writing from the characters viewpoint after a match, but in this example with Nakagauchi VS Krauser, Konomi had a character comment and analyse the situation completely incorrectly which is something he has never done before.

Or all of the Rikkai regulars being on Tezuka's level when they're clearly not?
I cant argue with this.

How about Yukimura saying that Tezuka cannot be surpassed even though Sanada did just that a few chapters earlier?
Sanada did against an injured Tezuka. Niou was being an uninjured Tezuka. So things are different.

Fuji says he had trouble against Echizen during their practice match and that he might have lost if Echizen wasn't tired, then we get the flashback later on that reveals he wasn't anywhere near serious.
This proves nothing. Fuji could have been saying he would have lost as he knew he wouldnt get serious in the match as he didnt get serious til Kirihara.

Those are just a few things from the top of my head, I'm sure there's more situations where the statement changes depending on what character makes it.

Basically, you have to differentiate between a character saying something from their point of view and Konomi saying something through a character. I freely admit that that's not always easy, but that doesn't mean he's never done it before.
Just the fact that we dont know who said it and it was a passing comment through the match, kinda hints that it Konomi saying it through his characters.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Except this is where the players are watching a match live making it COMPLETELY different to rumours...
Except it doesn't really. Both are statements based on incomplete information.

He was the one playing the match, not watching it live in the audience up front. Konomi could have been writing from the characters viewpoint after a match, but in this example with Nakagauchi VS Krauser, Konomi had a character comment and analyse the situation completely incorrectly which is something he has never done before.
He's strong!! His tennis is flawless!!
Some random person about Mizuki before he gets crushed by both Fuji and Atobe.

Surely the Kaidou we see now is invincible
During the National Finals D2; I hope you will agree that he was nowhere near the top.

Sanada did against an injured Tezuka. Niou was being an uninjured Tezuka. So things are different.
Tezuka wasn't injured at the beginning of the match. If Niou had used Phantom more, or had used ZSS, it would have been the same thing.

This proves nothing. Fuji could have been saying he would have lost as he knew he wouldnt get serious in the match as he didnt get serious til Kirihara.
Yet Tezuka makes a different observation. Who is right doesn't really matter here, the point is that those are two contradicting statements where two characters have a different view on the same situation.

Just the fact that we dont know who said it and it was a passing comment through the match, kinda hints that it Konomi saying it through his characters.
Not at all. We don't know who said it, that's true, but I would interpret that as an observation from a generic person watching the match, in other words they are making that statement based on what they see in front of them.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
He wasn't able to before the hidden camp, it's not listed in either the databooks or PP 2 where volleyers are covered, but it's quite possible that that was his upgrade or something.
Completely had me baffled this line.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Then Bane can use acrobatics? That's all he got?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Then Bane can use acrobatics? That's all he got?
All he got? That would be freakin amazing. Remember he wasnt weak like Mukahi or Kikumaru, the guy had power. IF he did get Acrobatic play although its likely he didnt, it would make Kurobane Harukaze awesome.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
All he got? That would be freakin amazing. Remember he wasnt weak like Mukahi or Kikumaru, the guy had power. IF he did get Acrobatic play although its likely he didnt, it would make Kurobane Harukaze awesome.
Acrobatic and his power won't make him better than players like Sengoku, Tanishi or Hirakoba.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Acrobatic and his power won't make him better than players like Sengoku, Tanishi or Hirakoba.
But go on our Tier and find where he is lol. He is REALLY low. Acrobatic + Power would DEFINETELY do him some good and put him above Shishido.
(Not that Shishido is good or anything lol).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I want to talk about Sanada's "In".

How many techniques does it actually prevent in the series? We know it prevent Saiki. Does it prevent World of Ice? Atobe Kingdom? Irie's Understanding?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

How many techniques does it actually prevent in the series? We know it prevent Saiki. Does it prevent World of Ice? Atobe Kingdom? Irie's Understanding?
All we were told is that it eliminates prediction and SKnK. SKnK can be translated to Pinnacle of Wisdom and is said to be ''Brilliant Insight'' as HJnK was translated to Pinnacle of Hard Work and said to be ''Doubled Return''.

Since SKnK is Insight, I imagine it provides some defence against Insight. (This means Atobe likely doesnt have a dream of a chance against Sanada right now).

It also would eliminated Data Tennis.

---------- Post added June 16, 2012 at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

Can anyone tell which technique is causing the clockwise Gyro Spin here?

Momoshiro is returning Bakyuun with Black Jack Knife so I cant actually tell which technique is causing the intense spin on the ball like this.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Sorry I didnt notice this.

In eliminates Prediction. Data Tennis should initally become ineffective against it. SKnK is out of the question aswell.
He becomes unpredictable, so it means you have to go on the defensive against Sanada.

It means unless you are a Counterpuncher (Fuji, Kaidoh, Yanagi) or are able to use a Counterpunching play style (Shiraishi, Yukimura) your at a big disadvantage against it.
However if you are one of them then the technique doesnt affect you so much, since playing defensively is the norm for you if you are a counterpuncher, and Shiraishi and Yukimura showed they are still top level even when defensive. Atobe also, for that matter against Muga!Ryoma was splendid defensively.

In short, as long as your good defensively its fine. Otherwise, if your weak defensively, you have no idea which of FuuRinKaZanRai is coming next and are unable to react to it when it comes. Therefore your finished.

World of Ice and Atobe Kingdom are Insight. In doesnt eliminate Insight. So no, it doesnt stop World of Ice from Irie or Atobe. Irie's understanding is his hack ability so it doesnt stop that either. Remember In isnt even Sanada's main ability in SPoT. So its not gonna be able to stop such power.

It doesnt prevent Atobe and Irie's Insight based powers. But eliminates Prediction.
This is what the manga has suggested at least.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
What does Sanada's Zan actually do?

What sort of shot is it?

What makes it impenetrable? Always wondered.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What does Sanada's Zan actually do?

What sort of shot is it?

What makes it impenetrable? Always wondered.
The manga stance suggests that is a drop shot, I think.

You can view it in this chapter http://www.mangareader.net/422-27197-7/prince-of-tennis/chapter-300.html it appears like Sanada's going to hit a drop shot, so I think that might be a drop shot. However, the technique is stated as "the ultimate defense", so Sanada can use it to defend against the player shots and quickly make a counterattack.

In the anime, in National Finals against Tezuka, Sanada shows his Zan, he just hits strong shots but they're absorbed by Tezuka Zone, so no idea of what the shot really is, as Konomi has never shown it clearly. However, it might be a drop shot or just a method of ultimate defense that Sanada has, but it's not impenetrable as it can be defeated with World of Ice, Atobe Kingdom or a super fast shot that Sanada can't react to.

Hope it helped :)