1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Super Heroes contest! so choose and favourites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yoichi Hiruma, Jan 22, 2015.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    But that leaves the question, why aren't demons using their true power then? It would be plausible they have yet to recover their power but there is a weird thing here. Fraudrin implied that mel's power now was much like it was 3000 years ago. If the other demons can power up in the same way and to begin with have comparable PLs it means that other demons should be able to reach powers comparable to peak mels. And if deriere had already recovered enough to transform then it makes sense that estarosa, who is also a physical fighter who uses little magic) would be able to transform as well.

As for nerobasta, to me it seems like the implication here is that she was a very weak goddess in general. And deriere was clearly not "forced" to anything. She seemed simply angry that she ran into a goddess and eliminated her with ease. Even moonspiet implied nerobasta was not that much of a threat (IIRC he said she was only a corporal lance). To me it just seems like her mark reacted to her anger but it also wasn't a transformation comparable to mel's.

2. Rescorlian

Rescorlian Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

France
    Something is strange.

How could Glonixia and Balor's have got their commandements if they killed the DK ? Why would they have joined the DC if they just had killed the TC ? Meliodas left the DC, which means they knew it was a matter of time before the Goddesses and the other clans would win the battle. So it doesn't make sense for them to join willingly.
    My other concern is that Meliodas should have been around 32K to 60K when he fought the DK, considering he was in love with Liz. Meaning the DK ain't that strong either. And with Meliodas gone and weaker and the DK killed, how would the goddesses lose their physical form ? :confused:

3. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Maybe the power they used to sealed the demon clan cause them 2 lose their physical form.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. Rescorlian

France
    Yeah but why would they need to seal the demon clan with Meliodas gone and the DK dead ?

5. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    Some stuff about the Mark I've observed.

It isn't mere decoration.

It isn't there for show, it actually grants power -- power of darkness.

The power exemplified is dependent on how much the user taps into the darkness. A non-violent (tame) looking mark is the most basic form of this POD. The 10c all have this stage activated 24/7 like Itachi with his Sharingan (maybe by actively leaving it like this 24/7, they incrementally gain great mastery over the POD in general, but who knows).
    [​IMG]

The mark's design changes or spreads depending on how much POD the user is tapping in to. For example; Derriere's tame-looking mark was starting to protrude in a violent fashion when she confronted Nerobasta; meaning she was powering up.
    [​IMG]

When Nerobasta used ARK on Derriere, Derrierie was screaming in pain (she was hurting badly). Monspiet was very concerned as it looks like she was even decomposing
    [​IMG]

It wasn't until she activated an even great portion of her POD, powering her up even more, did she become able to break free of ARK.
    [​IMG]

After having her revenge on Nerobasta, Derriere powered down & her mark returned to stage one (tame).
    [​IMG]

Whether or not she has a fully demonised form like Meliodas remains to be seen, but we have sufficient evidence to affirm that her mark does increase her PL like Meliodas' own mark increases his.

As for why Estarossa or any of the Commandment didn't activate a powered up version of their POD form during their fights is really is anyone's guess. I guess not all of the 10c could control the POD as proficiently as Derrierie -- perhaps they'd also lose their mind like Meliodas' did at times if they tap into too much POD. I also guess that that it's due to superiority complex. The 10c consist of many arrogant individuals that believe everyone else not of Goddess blood is automatically inferior to them. Their lackadaisical attitude towards anyone not of Goddess blood is disadvantageous for them during fights as it lets others get the drop on them.

I think you're underestimating the Supreme Demon considerably here.:)

Peak Meliodas is still a complete mystery. All we know is that he was the Strongest Demon.

I think you should also take into consideration that not all Demons have the same lvl of power in base, thus the 10c wouldn't necessarily be comparable with their POD form activated. Demonised (tame) Estarossa only has comparable PL to current BASE Meliodas, who hasn't even reach Supreme Demon status yet.

Yakkun likes this.
  6. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Holy Britannian Empire
    Or maybe they didnt have the time to use it
    Like estarossa, the moment when escanor powered up he went brain dead
    He maybe could've done better if he hadnt underestimate escanor
    I also hope estarossa and zeldris are atleast close to mel in strength and atleast one of them can use the same mark as meliodas
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 19, 2016 ---
    And btw
    What if the demon mark mel has is not exclusive to him but to all the Royal Family? And it's a link to the demon king? With it the user can borrow the dk's powers....

7. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    A cheap third-rate substitute like Fraudrin (as Meliodas puts it) had the Demonic mark when Gowther was still active in duty as 10C.
    [​IMG]

So nah. I don't think it's exclusive to Meliodas or the 10C or even the Royal Family; it's just a Demon thing.

8. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I was talking about that round mark that looks like an eye
    But i wonder why meliodas is much stronger than his brothers
    In the flashback he didn't look much older than estarossa yet the gap in strength was huge
    Wonder if the Dk did something to mel to make him this strong

9. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    Asking why Meliodas is stronger than his brothers is tantamount to asking why the Demon King is lord over his subjects as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, it's possible they all have these versions of the Mark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    or something similar (maybe more advanced since I don't even think we've seen a fully demonised form yet).

As for this one version ....
    [​IMG]
    Don't see it happening... maybe Zeldris might develop something similar EOS.

As for how Meliodas ages biologically; I don't think that's relevant with regards to your point. Even now he looks like he's barely older than young Estarossa in the flashback.

10. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    I am not so sure that this is evidence of an actual power increase. Power increases are usually noted either by others or by a PL reading confirmation. And her darkness didn't respond like that due to an imminent threat, she was simply pissed. At least going by meliodas, it does not seem like people "tap" into a given amount of POD. They either use it or not.

As for mel.... If he had that final transformation we have seen early then why not use it against dolor and gloxinia? Instead after he got his power back he stuck to the one we saw before he died. And as far as we know mel did in fact go all out and fought until he couldn't hold his transformation anymore. To me it seems like that final transformation at the time was the result of him being unable to control what little power he had and once he got everything back his actual full transformation was the one we saw against gloxinia and dolor.

At least going by fraudrin's words, not much of a mystery anymore. According to fraudrin meliodas' power is comparable to what it was back in the day.

And at this point, the best explanation as for why demons haven't transformed even though the hypothetical explanations could have saved their lives is simply that they can't transform further. Now, it is plausible they haven't transformed further because they hadn't recovered further but... Fraudrin who should have been at the top of his game from the start also did not transform. Galan had enough magic for his overdrive and did not transform. Estarosa and zeldris seem to have smaller amounts of magic and did not transform. Dolor and gloxinia did not transform. Greylord did not transform either.

11. eefrit

eefrit I'm Dirty Dan!

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    Personally, I'm currently not sold on the idea that Glox, Dolor, and Mel were successful in their venture to kill the Demon King.

Anyway, Glox probably didn't give a shit about anything after losing "the thing most precious to him" and was fine with burning the world down with the demons. Dolor probably saw the demons as strong and was fine with joining them to gain more strength for himself.

60K is probably more to his original strength, unless of course, falling in love actually made him lose his original power. He also had to get assistance from Glox and Dolor. Maybe those two were stronger as well back then for some reason? I'm biased towards Glox, so I wouldn't mind that being the case. Or maybe the DK was already dying and they got him while he was weaker.

12. Rescorlian

France
    I get what you say about Glonixia and Dolor. But to me it makes more sense for them to be part of the winning side. Again, knowing Meliodas had left the demon, they should have guessed the demon clan would not be able to keep up against the goddesses and the other clans. Therefor it seems in every way that it was a poor calcul they made joining the demon clan, because at the end they'd have been defeated.

I guess the demon clan offered strength to Dolor, something the goddesses didn't do. As for Glonixia... Actually he should have sided with the goddesses and ask them in return to revive the most precious thing he lost (assuming it's a living being). Or maybe he was just too pissed off about being betrayed

13. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

England
    Man reading these post makes me really want a Great War flashback and the events leading up to it.

Demonspeed likes this.
  14. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

United States
    Yeah like a fairy tail zero but I think since are two main characters (Meliodas & Elizabeth) are part of the reason the war started I definitely think we are going 2 get a in story flashback I just hope it's long enough.

15. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

England
    Yeah same wouldn't mind 2 or 3 volumes worth of content. Looking forward to what Merlin and Gowther were up to during the Great War as well.

16. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    No wonder why he was able to match them so easily

Gloxinia strength stat is 0 and Drole's is 36k, managed to overwhelm them both with brute force

His new PL must be off the charts

3370 to 4400

32,500 to 56,000

60,000 to lord knows what

I thinks it's confirmed that Mel's demon Mark increases his PL based on the state of power he's in

For ex. He was limited in the first arc so he only jumped to 4K when the mark was active but now he got a huge boost

Also I don't even think his current form is max power, the DK didn't devour all of his emotions and the mark isn't complete
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2016 ---
    I don't think this is his full demon form, Hellbram said his PL was growing, I think the darkness has to cover his entire body

17. AiNana

AiNana Registered User

Belgium
    A gaiden would be nice. Starting to know and understand the tc and demon clan:amuse
    How does a demon child look like? I'm imagining little Mel:blush. When are tc created? The hierarchy etc?

18. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    I'll go out on a limb here & just say that the 10C experience similar difficulties/challenges Mel goes through when utilising the POD. The more prominent & berserk they make their mark appear, the greater their PLs; however the drawback to a greater increase in PL via POD is that it absorbs their rationality. Monspiet warning to Derriere, the only 10C to ever power-up via the POD, reinforces this theory & kinda explains their reluctance. "I understand how you feel, but it'll be in your best interest to show some restraint..."

So during their final battle, I predict 10C Berserkers fighting the SDS... (the SINs have a lot of powering-up to do lol).

AiNana likes this.
  19. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    What is worthy of note is that in all those instanced neither his spirit nor his magically drastically changed. Most of the mark's effects go straight into physical strength.

AiNana likes this.
  20. oxtopus

oxtopus Registered User

Nigeria
    I don't actually think the demon mark actually gives any sort of power boost at all. From what I've read here it seems to be speculated that the commandments demon mark could also go to another stage giving them a power boost similar to meliodas in his fight against galan.

But the problem here is that there seems to be a misunderstanding. I came to realize that there isn't any third demon stage that grants extra power like previously thought. What happened during meliodas fight wasn't meliodas getting a power boost from his mark but instead him deciding to release his full demon powers which ended up at 10,300pl.

The spread of darkness isn't a sign of power increase whatsoever but is instead just using more of the demon darkness. In meliodas case it's just the same as the commandments do. Just like derriere meliodas uses the darkness to cover his body. It isn't anything special,meliodas using his darkness like that doesn't mean he was getting a power boost. The darkness can be used however its user likes,but there isn't an instance where there becomes an actual power increase from using the darkness.