1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Super Heroes contest! so choose and favourites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yoichi Hiruma, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Malaysia
    No wonder he didnt approach estarossa and avoid him in any way possible...

2. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Holy shit I just realized the Commandments fought off 4+ clans without Meliodas, Gowther and the 2 Emerson Mel slaughtered

3. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    But got crushed by three sins

Rescorlian likes this.
  4. Rescorlian

Rescorlian Registered User

France
    The irony indeed.

5. Sylphe

Sylphe Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Algeria
    uuuh, it's not like the demon clan is only 10C + Grey/red/blue demons ! The point was made when the TC were freed that the demon clan didn't break free from the seal in all its entierty because the blood of the AOTG was not suffcient !
    So it's very likely that the demon clan must have others individuals with high PL like Fraudrin who was just a regular demon since we now know that he was just a third rate subsitute of Gowther and not a real commandment !

Given that, it still make sense that even without Meliodas and Gowther, the demon clan remained extremely powerful !

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    I wonder about the curse meliodas has on him. Could it be a commandment that the demon king has? So far it seems like the demon has been able to maintain a curse over melioadas that transcends the demons kings death and it also transcends meliodas' own death. Given the information we have every bit of this is absolutely insane. Most magic is dispelled when the caster dies. So mel being cursed in death is a remarkably weird development.

7. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Besides the 10C and DK all Demonkind are pretty much useless, especially when facing the Goddesses, Nerobasta was a fodder level GC member but almost obliterated Derieri, even Elizabeth too

Grey, Red and Blue are basically good for facing human/fairy level opponents

8. BaseNeptune

BaseNeptune Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Nerobasta wouldn't have obliterated anything, their magic is the direct counter towards the Demons darkness. And Elizabeth... is Elizabeth.

9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    A clash between Liones and Camelot is obvious now.

Dolor and Gloxinia are fine.
    Estarossa is alive and probably unable to fight because of his hate for Escanor.
    Monspiet and Derrierie must be alive.
    Gray Lord is captured and Galan is petrified.

I guess all of them besides Gray Lord and Galan are healed and resting at Camelot. What do you think Zeldris will do for the final confrontation against the Sins? Do you think they Commandments will be the ones on the offensive for the next battle?

My predictions:
    • Zeldris will find Galan and find a way to dispel the curse. It's possible that he can do this since he is the representative of the Demon King. If he can't, it means the resurrected DK will have to do it. Same for Estarossa if he happens to be affected by the Love.
    • The brainwashed HKs will be turned into Reactors.
    • Zeldris will attack Istar and use the blood of Druids to free all the Demons.

TarXan and SHIKARI22 like this.
  10. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I'm still waiting for zeldris to find out about what happened to his girl
    And i hope estarossa isnt affected by his commandment and has a transformation up his sleeve

11. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Well, estarosa is a fairly experienced warrior as far as we know. And his mind works in incredibly twisted ways. Look back at when he killed meliodas. He cried genuine tears of sadness as he pierced each of mel's hearts. He was able to strike down someone he loved deeply without a speck of hesitation. The hatred thing is plausible but I don't think his emotions would go awry enough to impede him from fighting in the future.

This is hard to say... In theory the commandments have the means to recover almost instantly. Gloxinia can heal their wounds pretty much instantly and they seem to have enough humans to recover the bulk of their magic. It shouldn't take more than a few days for them to recover overall. On the other hand the sins don't necessarily have the advantage here. As of now the sins that are capable of standing up to the commandments are meliodas, merlin and escanor (depending on whether its daytime). Ban could plausibly do something but he would need help. The 12k or so strength he can apparently steal could easily turn a battle. But on his own he is basically worthless. Diane might be able to do something considering her golem can stand up to dolor's but it wouldn't be more than ban can do. King is perhaps close to being able to hold his ground against a commandment (I think his power must have increased dramatically from the first time he used the true spirit spear as he was able to actually sustain the true form for several attacks) but only for a bit. Gowther might end up playing a bigger role in whatever happens next though.

I think the implication so far is that druid blood, or even apostle blood, is not what is needed to release the demons (assuming there are demons that remain to be freed). Elizabeth seems to be an unique existence and actually seems to be a reincarnated goddess. Going by what hendrickson said apostles of the goddesses are a sect within the druids and there are several of them. With that in mind it would make sense that what is needed to release the demon clan was either specifically elizabeth's blood or goddess blood. So if by any chance they still need goddess blood it would make sense to target jenna and zanelly. Though for that they would need to actually know those two are goddesses.

12. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    At this point all he needs is Meliodas's confirmation. Imagine if Meliodas does it while he is influenced by his mark :XD.

The Sins are getting ready for the next round too. And the first step is to gather all their members as Merlin said, which is why Gowther has been freed. I am expecting all of them to be strong enough for the next battle, and to attack first. With Gowther recovering his memories, King, Diane and Ban are the only ones lacking power, the Fairy and the Giant will get their power ups soon.

I still believe that Ban might have gotten stronger during the time skip, but since he has been affected by the Love decree, there is no way to know how strong he is.

This is what I was implying, they will attack Istar and find out that these two are Goddesses. If the TCs attack, they will be obliged to use powers like Ark and even if they don't, Zeldris or someone else might find out the same way Meliodas did.

13. eefrit

eefrit I'm Dirty Dan!

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    I think the Sins will actually be on the offensive next go round.

Estarossa not being able to fight because of his hatred would be an interesting twist, but that doesn't bode well for Escanor as I imagine he'll be targeted first because of that. If the brother's share the same immortality curse, it would be worse as it potentially means a power up for Estarossa. If Zeldris can't cure the Commandment curses, or if he doesn't feel like bothering with the defeated Commandments, I can see him trying to find replacements for the defeated/captured Commandments, at least, if the theory of his being able to pass out curses is true, which I believe it is. I want to say Arthur should watch is back, because his power would surely gain the interest of the Commandments if they cross paths. If not, we'll he's still an asset for the Sins, which might come in handy as we don't know how Gowther will act.

The rest of the Sins are still woefully underpowered and, in my opinion, need to be nearing the 30k mark, at the least, before they even think about going after the Commandments. Ban will probably be getting his Sacred Treasure soon, so we'll see what that adds. He could potentially do a super rough training session in which he continuously fights against Mel or someone just as powerful to build up his physical and magical abilities. King and Diane are probably going to be set next chapter, or at least, put on the right path thanks to the Power of Love™. Personally, I'm hoping they get hints from Dolor and Gloxinia themselves instead of each other.

14. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    I think he already knows.... remember when he ordered the Comms to move out and Estarossa said he wanted to rest a little while longer? Zeldris replied that he wanted to go "somewhere" to check up on something or whatever. I assume he was looking for the seal that kept the vampires. He found it empty, remembered the destruction of Edinburgh and the deep hole in the ground and probaly just counted one and one. I bet he fully realizes it already. If not, then he probably didn't check on the seal yet. Which I kinda find weird considering Gelda was his love interest.

15. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

Malaysia
    The demon king sounds like an underworld god like hades since he is in the purgatory with the souls. And he greeted meliodas when he came into the purgatory. Since only dead people souls are there he shouldnt be there (unless he is dead which i doubt). He told meliodas that he will devour his emotions to regain his lost strength. Its likely that he lost the battle in the war and was sent back to the purgatory instead of getting killed, unless he is like orochimaru who can be revived by the curse mark. Demon have been dealing with souls in the purgatory(merasyclla) who is a part of his army. I guess goddesses are responsible for guarding souls in heavens whereas the demons guard sould in the purgatory/underworld.....

16. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    This is such a great prediction tbh, I hope the story goes this route, and I hope Nakaba expands the universe, other kingdoms should be introduced and more Druid characters than can help Liones as well

Hope there's an all out war tbh

17. oxtopus

oxtopus Registered User

Nigeria
    Wait,did I miss something?when was it confirmed Jenna and zaneli are goddesses? And there's also the part about meliodas having a 56k pl in his demon form before he died. Where did all this info from?

18. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Meliodas having a 56K pl in his demon mode comes from the Meliodas & Elizabeth guidebook.

Jenna & Zaneli being Goddesses comes from the translated volume 23 omake.

19. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    From here

Thanks to Roadagain from Narutoforums who put a lot of work into getting and scanning these.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 27, 2016 ---
    Damn, I thought I had replied to this post yet. I had the intention but then probably forgot.

I must say I like this a lot. I agree with it. If Zeldris' "God" power channels the abilities of the DK then maybe he can give or take Commandment decrees. The knights becoming more perfect Reactors would be great. Could either be done by freeing Gray Road or have Estarossa do it, since he can turn beings into demons. Zeldris attacking Ishtar is a great idea, too. And maybe in some last resort effort the druids invoke a ritual with their dying breaths which revives the goddess clan.

AiNana, Baum and Demonspeed like this.
  20. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    I am the only one that doesn't think Estarossa's naturally sadistic ? He can't show any hate what so ever, he's forced to love everything and everyone even his worst enemies

His emotions are being held hostage because of his commandment lol, I think he hates Meliodas just as much as the other Commandments except he can't express it at all, the slightest bit of hatred leads him to become cursed for eternity

Imagine forcing yourself to love your worst enemy or someone you naturally hate with a passion