1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Angels & Demons Contest! so choose your favorites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yoichi Hiruma, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I think it's his nature. And he has been influenced by Meliodas when he was younger. It should require a certain level of self-control though and that's probably why he has 4000 in Spirit. Commandments don't affect the mind of the user AFAWK, that's why even the users can be affected.

Thanks. Zeldris might be able to dispel the curse but I doubt it's related to God since it's supposed to be unique. I think he might be able to because the Piety makes of him the avatar of the Demon King. Or maybe he can use the curses. His dad seems to be the Wizard type and Zeldris is a better Magician than his brothers.

2. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I'm still sad they got their asses kicked, hopefully they come back with a huge power up or something, can't seem to take them seriously anymore

3. Th0s

Th0s Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    I don't think he fully hates Mel, more disappointed his idol betrayed him. Estarossa seems like he has the most "human" emotions of the TC's or at least the most understanding.

4. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Fully hate mel? Estarosa is the commandment of love, if he had a speck of hate for meliodas he would have lost his powers entirely. The most likely scenario is that estarosa loves meliodas exactly as much as he claimed when he killed mel. His tears as he killed melioda were 100% legitimate. In that regard I would argue the opposite of what you suggest, that estarosa is the least human among the commandments emotion-wise. The guy is so innately twisted that he can kill in cold blood someone he absolutely and unequivocally loves to death. Soon enough estarosa will meet meliodas again and he will likely be sincerely happy about it. And then sad that he has to kill him again.

5. AiNana

AiNana Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Belgium
    Karmadios commandment 'Betrayal' ... the curse will lit when trying to run away from him.
    Seems a bit like Zeldris' only difference that the run aways will be turned into servants.
    So what happens if you ran away from the commanment Karmadios? Some thoughts about this, which I came to the conclusion - this commandment will make you fight against you're allies to the death. The person who won will be damaged mentally.
    Why else does Meliodas informed Gloxinia (King) and Dolor (Diane) about the commandment? For protecting Elizabeth. :errr
    Any other thoughts about this commandment 'Betrayal'?

6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    This seems a bit weird to be honest. With the other commandments you usually fall prey to them when you do something that specifically triggers the commandment. As in, the truth triggers when you lie, the love triggers when you hate, the faith triggers when you act without faith and so on. So how exactly does turning your back on karmadios trigger betrayal? I feel like the translation here is not quite accurate. I could understand if his commandment was, say, courage, and turning your back on him triggered it but that is not the case at all.

7. AiNana

AiNana Registered User

Belgium
    I mean as a let down part. More like : I can't do this, you take over for me.
    Though that courage might be right...

8. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

United States
    The Crunchyroll one is trash 2 [​IMG]

9. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense.... How would they ever make the mistake of giving him gallan's commandment? Guess we gotta wait for jaimimi....

10. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Zeldris' Commandment activates as soon as you turn your back towards him, Karmadios activates as SO as you flee from his presence

I do t think that's the same thing tbh

11. Baum

Baum Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Germany
    Wait..what the hell?? That doesn't even make any sense in the context of that very same chapter? They attacked him and only got closer lol

Is that what people have to deal with with the English localization? XD

12. MrSchmitty7

MrSchmitty7 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    I think Derieri doesn't wear clothes because of her commandment. My theory is that her commandment of purity activates whenever someone looks at her with lust in their eyes and vice versa for her.

13. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    These little details about high level Demons we got recently makes me think that their strength ,or potential, or both might be reflected by their looks. The strongest ones look more humanoid than the others. Merascylla looks more Human than most Commandments but unlike the top 4 we see her often with a monster-like mouth and tongue(bits of her potential Indura form I guess). Monspiet's mouth is not seen most of the time but he has one, it's visible before his Indura transformation.

They might get more hearts depending on their PLs too(the stronger they become, the more hearts they get, with 7 being the limit, like Fairies with their wings).

It could explain why Merascylla died after losing 5 hearts even though she is a high level Demon, she is among the youngest if not the youngest, perhaps she could have become much stronger with training, or maybe she had not matured enough.

Missed that. Her wearing clothes makes her stand out even more. A Human looked at her with lust once too.

14. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Well, it really does depend. Clearly there is a potential issue in regards to high class and low class demons to the point where grey and red demons have a specific PL associated with them (1300 and 2700). However the recent cover page makes the point that all ten commandments are upper ranked demons. Well, it does not have greyroad but fraudrin made the point he was upper class as well. With this in mind, the situation would be whether merely being humanoid makes that big a difference in this regard. If galan and estarosa are both upper class demons, then their overall appearance shouldn't be the sole thing that determines how powerful they can be....

I still think that zaratras surviving means merascylla is alive. Even if she only had one heart left.