Question - The “Looking For” Manga Thread | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question The “Looking For” Manga Thread

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Recommendations please

Well, from the list there, you read a good amount of shounen, and a decent amount of seinen. So I'll recommend shounen for you.

Soul Eater, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Amatsuki, Air Gear, Claymore, Eyeshield 21, HunterxHunter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Mx0, Prince of Tennis, RAVE Master, and Spiral. Those few for now, since most of them are quite mature series, and have at least 100+ chapters.

So yeah, happy reading!!!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

For seinen titles, you can also try Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Homunculus. Those are awesome titles.
You can also try sports manga like Hajime no Ippo, Whistle, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk. :D

LoS

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man

Soul Eater, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Amatsuki, Air Gear, Claymore(already read it), Eyeshield 21, HunterxHunter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Mx0, Prince of Tennis, RAVE Master, and Spiral. Those few for now, since most of them are quite mature series, and have at least 100+ chapters.

So yeah, happy reading!!!
The ones in bold have gotten some publicity in my circles. Happy reading indeed, just the wrong thing I need when going back to university.

For seinen titles, you can also try Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Homunculus. Those are awesome titles.
You can also try sports manga like Hajime no Ippo, Whistle, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk. :D
Only heard of those two bold ones, I will start with those, and hopefully finish or at least dabble in all the others listed.

Last edited:

tehgrim

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anime/Manga that I know very little about

Ok, I've been looking for something new to do, whether its reading/watch manga/anime or playing some other game. then i remembered my friend told me about something along time ago, and since it was along time ago i don't remember to much details of it. So i figured this being a manga community, someone here might have an idea. (not sure if the thing he told me about was a manga or anime, but if its an anime it might have a manga as well)

Ok what i remember is where little but it something like this:
- I don't know the storyline
- theres these spheres that have powers
- you can place the spheres on yourself/object, and use the power
- so if you put it on your hand/glove, you can maybe shoot out the power from your hands?
- Im gonna guess they battle using these spheres

second last point is the one i have most difficulty remembering, and i don't even remember how long ago he told me this. He did tell me a name back then, but i don't think i'll remember it by seeing it.

AriSuper

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Re: Good realistic Manga/Manhwa

You fan find Island on mangatraders as well.I like the twist with the serial killer stuff.

I FOUND A NEW ONE ITS CALLED Bokko-HISTORICAL,ACTION - THE ART ISN'T BAD AND THE STORY IS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD
HERES THE LINK FOR Bokko;http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/390

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: looking for anime/manga that i know very little about

I moved your question to the correct forum.

Hm, it sounds like a shounen ("putting it on and powering up"). But I can't think of any that come close to this description. Well, memory can fake a little - do you remember how long ago it was? The release time could really help.

tehgrim

Reaction score
Country
Canada

no i don't really remember how far back it was, but he told me it around exam times so that gives me.... The months january and may-june, for past 2-3years XD

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Manga similar to Death note?

Doubt is great, pretty thrilling and psychological (join our thread here, we speculate on the culprint^^).

Also try Eternal Sabbath and - maybe Book Club but I haven't read far into this one.

For more mature stuff try Urasawa Naoki's works, e.g. Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto and Takahashi Tsutomu's works, e.g. Alive!, Blue Heaven. Also, I have read only Reset and Collector by Tsutsui Tetsuya but his Manhole series seems to be very popular, give it a try. Reset was really cool. Another noticeable name should be Yamamoto Hideo who's the author of Homoculus and Ichi the Killer, both are pretty mature so decide for yourself if it's to much or not.

Last edited:

ibn.

Reaction score
Country
United States

i'd also have to recommend Monster. everything that Death Note lacked, Monster had for me and it's a lot more enjoyable.

Onomatopoeia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

It depends what your looking for, if your looking for exactly like Death Note then Lost+Brain is the only thing for you. But if it's pyschological thriller/mystery your looking for Paranoia Agent should be up their at the top of your list. But before going any further I should note it's a very mature anime thats extremely confusing but should immediatly catch you.

I would also advise Doubt, MPD Psycho(very popular, extremely similair to Death Note, but much more gory), Pluto(murder mystery,sci-fi),Monster(already mentioned), Alive The Final Evolution(yes their is a fair amount of action in it but it's got much deeper tones of evolution, suicide, and the human brain)

If you want anymore I can advise them to you. I rather like Pyschological Mangas myself and have read a fair amount of them.

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States

Crazy guess based purely that it seems to be a Shonen Manga but...Märchen Awakens Romance? I don't really know some more info would be nice.

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Yes, I was thinking about it but I couldn't remember :darn they put spheres/stones in the Arms(sp).

otasukio

Reaction score
Country
China

I think it is 烈火の炎, and the spheres they used are called 魔道具.

ruisu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Manga/Anime for Japanese Beginners?

Hi, I have never touched a manga before, but I think they would be a nice addition to my Japanese studies. Could you recommend me one that has:
  • furigana (hiragana next to the kanji)
  • began recently so I can start from #1

That's all really, I'm not too picky...I guess asking for it to be in color and based on this reality would be narrowing out too many possibly good stories, so I'm very open to anything with the first two conditions.

Thank you!

kaylee

mousou mashiin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Please recommend me a manga!

Try Bakuman?

It:
- has furigana
- started just last week (here's the RTS thread for chapter 1)
- takes place in the real world
- is in B/W (but then again, so are all manga, so 3 out of 4 isn't bad. :p)

ruisu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Please recommend me a manga!

Haha, nope not bad at all. I didn't know they were all b&w (surprised).
But this is wonderful, the translation will allow me to verify my work.

Thank you, couldn't ask for more =)

enka

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Short (not long-running) Shounen Manga

currently reading Naruto, and are looking for more titles to read.
I can't start reading Bleach on the reason is like 250+ chapter, looking for those and read those so i am in current chapter would take to long time, so is a bad option...i think.
So my question: anyone have any suggestion which manga i should start reading?:D

Kazi

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: New manga...

I suggest you to start reading:
- Fairy Tail (98)
- Monster Hunter Orage (05)
- Soul Eater (52)

^^

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: New manga...

Definately FMA (About 96 chapters), Amatsuki (30 chapters scanlated, 40-odd in RAW form), Mx0 (99 chapters, finished series), D.Gray Man (169 chapters, might be a stretch for you, but worth reading), Psyren (34 chapters released) and Claymore (82 chapters released). That'll last you a while.

BTW, personally, it's great to read a manga that has been going on for a while, mainly because you get to read at your own pace, and you get the chance to better understand what's going on. It's my own personal opinion, but reading long series isn't too bad. :D