Question - The “Looking For” Manga Thread | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question The “Looking For” Manga Thread

Sakudon++

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hokuto no Ken-Volumes 6 and 7 are imposible to find

wtf​

I can't seem to find volumes 6 and 7 for hokuto no ken.
I've searched many other Edited Manga sites, but I can't seem to find those
two volumes.

I'd like to know if anybody has found those two volumes.
Many other sites just skip right to volume 8 and continue.

If anybody has found a place where i can read them
please tell me because it's starting to tick me off.​

Tank u​

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Inquiry: Rave master project

Has the rave master project really been dropped? I am a fan of that manga and they do not sell it in my country.

In case it has indeed been dropped, is there a group willing to continue Editing the manga?

Any info would be most appreciated, thanks in advance for your time!

JC123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
New/Old anime/manga

Alright folks...

I've been a casual fan of manga and anime since coming from Japan ~3 years ago. I got into One Piece as a suggestion and I'm hooked. I found ES21 and loved the story. Gantz is a great one and I have to get back into FMA to reunderstand the story.

Vampire Hunter D I didn't like. If I need something to put me to sleep I put this on or X and I'm out in 20 minutes. Those two (IMO) are slow paced. Oddly, I like One Piece because of story as well as Hunter x Hunter because of the pacing that goes on.

I'm actually looking for new and old anime to get into. I'm more an action fan (No DB please... I know enough of the story and it doesn't interest me.)

I'm probably interested in the Combat Maid one and might check out Alucard in Hellsing (if I can figure out which is which)

All in all, I'm looking for suggestions as well.

kewl0210

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: New/Old anime/manga

Excuse me, you LIKE HxH... BECAUSE of the pacing?

Read Toriko.

TitaniumChloride

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I'm recommending manga but most of these have anime.

Fist of the North Star maybe? I haven't actually read it but it looks pretty actiony.
I would recommend Jojo's Bizzare Adventure too (haven't finished reading this one).

If you like One Piece, you might also like Zatch Bell, Rave and Fairy Tail

If you're pretty tolerent with the art, Law of Ueki is another option (though the art isn't so good for the first few volumes; I got into this one after watching the anime, which gets pretty good after episode 7)

I'd also recommend D.Gray-Man, which is pretty ok with pacing I guess... (as long as you haven't caught up and have to wait out the hiatus, lol; I recommend the manga over the anime if you want faster pacing) and Soul Eater if you haven't heard of that one (the anime story diverges from the manga one around episide 31 or so)

JC123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Excuse me, you LIKE HxH... BECAUSE of the pacing?

Read Toriko.
Well yeah... If... The damn mangaka could actually learn how to keep going. But the Nen was really a great thing to digest with a LOT of variety.

When he got to the Ant arc it was kinda WTF but I'm still liking it. But he needs to come back off of vacation.

Now what is this Soul Eater?

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States

I would recommend Jojo's Bizzare Adventure too (haven't finished reading this one).
I wouldn't recommend this manga to anyone unless they plan to read purely JJBA.

It's just to big.

Hmm...maybe...Claymore? Or Mahou Sensei Negima(I admit the first 30 chapters are boring as hell). What about YYH, I mean you might as well find out if you like the rest of Togashi's work.

Edit: Soul Eater is an excellent manga which I think you'll love JC123.

Last edited:

Yukishirow

Reaction score
Country
United States

Try these on for size: Blassreiter, Virus Buster Serge, Souten no Ken, all are action series and short. If you like fighting series' I'd Say Hajime no Ippo (I think it's 'Fighting Spirit' here).

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Hokuto no Ken-Volumes 6 and 7 are imposible to find

They were never scanlated into English. Eventually Delinquent Manga will get up to them (hopefully), but for now, you'll have to watch the anime or something for that part of the story. I dunno why the group that originally did Fist of the North Star decided to skip volumes 3-7 (3-4 and most of 5 were done by Delinquent Manga), but they did, so there's no way to find them in English.

Last edited:

black2567

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Re: Manga similar to Naruto or Bleach

I've seen the anime version of Shaman King. Is there anything that misses out in the anime, and it's in the manga?

I'll have a look at the two that you mentioned.
It misses almost everything. I watched anime after manga and well you see all the important stuff and etc are missing. Its like in anime Anna and Yoh doesnt sleep together (well I mean one night and the result is Hana, (Son of Yoh and Anna) who is 6 years old when they are 21 years old) and in anime Yoh is a loser and not like he is in manga. Even the way how Yoh changes the humans are cut from anime. (confusing?)

Well for manga to recommend depends on what are you looking for in them. Hidden love, fighting, cool villans or all of them?

I would recommend Eureka Seven and Elfen Lied. Both are filled with enough fighting and love. (Btw for those 2 manga and anime are way off especially endings)

Nabari no ou is a damn good manga too and you should check it out. (Ninjas, Fighting, Fun, etc) (info/spoiler of principal character: He probably thinks that the worst case scenario will be when there is someone who cryes on his grave. Indifference says all but damn its fun manga.)

Sry for my confusing and bad english but I wanted to recommend this mangas and say that there will be always diffrence between manga and anime.^^

Phoenix

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Looking for someone who owns "Der Mond" limited edition

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for someone who calls the japanese limited edition of the artbook "Der Mond" by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto his own. I have a question concerning the manga in it, I'm not looking for raws (although that would help answer the question, too). So anybody??

Siberia

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Manga similar to Naruto or Bleach

I would recommend D.gray man. It will be much better if u can read it at once (hope u enjoy it)
but try not to read any spoilers before u finish reading up to the latest chapter.

Claymore is also another good manga u have to read.

happy1000

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I need some new manga to read. Any suggestions?

I need some new manga to read. I enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, Deathnote, Inuyasha, Gravitation, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto.I often read them on sunmanga.com. Any Suggestions on what to read next?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: I need some new manga to read. Any suggestions?

which ones have you already read?

-Ren Boy-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

and to elaborate, what genre do you like. those mangas about are shounen so surely you like the fighting ones

Banedor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mix of Romance and Shonen

I need help finding a good manga to read. I don't have the time to read every review posted here so I figured I'd post it here and see what people have to say.

I read atm:
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Bakuman
Beezlebub
Psyren
FMA
Death Note

Thoseare the ones I read everytime they come out with a new chapter. But I'm curious to see if theres any other manga out there thats similar to these, it doesn't have to be an ongoing series, it can be 1 thats already finished (like Death Note for example)

What I'm looking for is manga similar to the ones above, but also maybe a new genre that might not be in Shonen, like stories that revolve around something similar to naruto and hinata in Naruto, or Saiko and Azuki in Bakuman and Ichigo and Orihime in Bleach in terms of romance. I noticed with battle manga, romance is rarely ever touched upon and reading all battle manga with out at least 1 romance type manga to offset it leaves me a dull taste. I'm still interested in new battlemanga but also in other genre's to help try out other manga's.

Thanks
Bane

PS: Spray King and Akatsuki piqued my interest but I've only seen 1 chapter for spray king, and 2 for akatsuki. Any news on if those are still ongoing and if anyone is Editing them?

Elyon A. Luna

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Re: Mix of Romance and Shonen

My best advice on a shonen romantic series (I haven't really gotten used to the fact that it is a shonen, I'm so full of stereotypes.... huh)

Kimi no iru machi/A town where you live, by Seo Kouji.

It's really catching and with relationships nice developed without resorting to overly dramatic love triangles.

http://www.onemanga.com/Kimi_no_Iru_Machi/

Pretty good.

Banedor

Reaction score
Country
United States

Psyren is a good read imo

I saw no mention of Bleach, thats a fan favorite to many.

Banedor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Mix of Romance and Shonen

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Also let me elaborate, I'm not looking for straight out romance 100%, I just like manga that incorporates(sp?) it even if its a very small hints here and there (Like Naruto and Bleach for example)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Bleach is great, I would also recommend hellsing.