Question - The “Looking For” Manga Thread | Page 33 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question The “Looking For” Manga Thread

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Manga similar to Naruto or Bleach

Hmmm... Generally most anime follow the story of the manga until a certain point, then the plot deviates into its own line. For Shaman King, however, I'm not too sure, but I'm assuming the manga is quite different from the anime, especially in the later chapters.

Weapon_X

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England

I see.

I looked at the two you mentioned and preferred D.Gray Man over 666 Satan the most. I think I'll start to read D.Gray Man but I would have to catch up to 17 volumes lol.

Any others that you know? Soneone also recommended a manga called Black Cat, is that worth reading?

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

A nice action/fantasy shounen for a quick read I always recommend is Togari. However, the mangaka never finished this one and therefor it ends rather openly (at least not within an arc and it has a pretty cool 'end game' too). But the characters and story are still worth the read. Also the cover pages are amazing <333

As for ongoing, Fullmetal Alchemist all the way. That one outranks all current WSJ series, IMHO.

Rurouni Kenshin
for a real shounen classic. Kenshin still rocks as one of the best main characters ever in WSJ.

Kekkaishi is very close to Naruto in terms of action parts and style. The characters are especially nice.

666 Satan sure is nice (and partly even awesome) but has a very disappointing conclusion. That one is drawn by the twinbrother of Naruto's mangaka and therefor very similar in artwork and character styles.

Uhm... I sure know more but my brain fails me atm... >.>

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England

Woah, Togari looks awesome. I think I'll read that after D.Gray Man and Black Cat, so I can focus on just 1 and not get confused. xD So with Togari, is it still going or the authur quit the manga? It would suck if he quit it.

666 Satan just looks like a copy of Dragonball ¬.¬

Full Metal Alchemist? Really? Even better then Naruto? I liked the anime of FMA, to tell you 1 thing, the anime rocks. It's funny, got a sense of humour and has a interesting storyline etc. Edward was called shorty, wasn't he? lol Always calling him short.

I'll finish these 3 mangas first, thanks for the info guys. :)

Sexy Randal 105

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Anything from Shonen Jump? XD

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Regarding 666 Satan... I really liked it a lot (I was the mod of the 666 Satan section here after all). Compared to the slow pacing Naruto, 666 Satan was a fast paced rollercoaster in terms of story telling. Where Naruto needed a whole chapter to realize something, Jio would need a single page. As a main character, Jio was also just superb developed and had a cool power, especially after the timeskip <3

I've never read DB but both Kishimoto brothers don't make a secret out of the fact that they're DB fanboys and heavy influenced by it. The problem with 666 Satan is, that it could have been awesome when the mangaka wouldn't have fallen back to 'kiddie conclusions' all the time. It had drama and very interesting character and so much mature story potential but he destroyed it by putting too much effort in pleasing the 'young teenies' audience with stereotypes. To top it, the end was rushed and just very disappointing. Though, I still recommend it just because it has it's awesome epic parts and wonderful characters and artwork.

So with Togari, is it still going or the authur quit the manga? It would suck if he quit it.
That mangaka has a habbit of not finishing his series, sadly. Which is a shame since Togari is really nice. Whether he'll pick it up again or not, we don't know. But the ending is left open enough to do so.

Full Metal Alchemist? Really? Even better then Naruto?
Though, this poll is two years old but Naruto isn't even in the TOP 50 of Japan's Top Manga while FMA is #4 ^^;

I liked the anime of FMA, to tell you 1 thing, the anime rocks. It's funny, got a sense of humour and has a interesting storyline etc. Edward was called shorty, wasn't he? lol Always calling him short.
You do know that there's currently a second FMA anime airing? Episode 4 will air tomorow, check out our FMA section.

Also, the manga story differs from the first anime. It's much better in terms of plot and characters, so definitely read the manga and join us in the monthly discussions :thumbs

Last edited:

firesalamander

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Woah, Togari looks awesome. I think I'll read that after D.Gray Man and Black Cat, so I can focus on just 1 and not get confused. xD So with Togari, is it still going or the authur quit the manga? It would suck if he quit it.

666 Satan just looks like a copy of Dragonball ¬.¬

Full Metal Alchemist? Really? Even better then Naruto? I liked the anime of FMA, to tell you 1 thing, the anime rocks. It's funny, got a sense of humour and has a interesting storyline etc. Edward was called shorty, wasn't he? lol Always calling him short.

I'll finish these 3 mangas first, thanks for the info guys. :)
What are the best 3 Mangas ur aware of?

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England

Regarding 666 Satan... I really liked it a lot (I was the mod of the 666 Satan section here after all). Compared to the slow pacing Naruto, 666 Satan was a fast paced rollercoaster in terms of story telling. Where Naruto needed a whole chapter to realize something, Jio would need a single page. As a main character, Jio was also just superb developed and had a cool power, especially after the timeskip <3

I've never read DB but both Kishimoto brothers don't make a secret out of the fact that they're DB fanboys and heavy influenced by it. The problem with 666 Satan is, that it could have been awesome when the mangaka wouldn't have fallen back to 'kiddie conclusions' all the time. It had drama and very interesting character and so much mature story potential but he destroyed it by putting too much effort in pleasing the 'young teenies' audience with stereotypes. To top it, the end was rushed and just very disappointing. Though, I still recommend it just because it has it's awesome epic parts and wonderful characters and artwork.

That mangaka has a habbit of not finishing his series, sadly. Which is a shame since Togari is really nice. Whether he'll pick it up again or not, we don't know. But the ending is left open enough to do so.

Though, this poll is two years old but Naruto isn't even in the TOP 50 of Japan's Top Manga while FMA is #4 ^^;

You do know that there's currently a second FMA anime airing? Episode 4 will air tomorow, check out our FMA section.

Also, the manga story differs from the first anime. It's much better in terms of plot and characters, so definitely read the manga and join us in the monthly discussions :thumbs
Well you really recommned 666 Satan. I will have a look at it and read a couple of chapters after I finish D.Gray Man,Togari and Black Cat. I would want some comedy in the manga, but not too much if it's for little kids. I'd prefer a manga which really surprises me and makes me go " OMG! NO WAY!", and has good creative designs and art. As you mentioned 666 Satan has as you mentioned, it has wonderful artwork. :)

I will have to wait, atleast 6 months before I read 666 Satan lol. Still got the other 3 mangas to catch up to first, step by step. To tell you the truth, I am a big fan of manga but it's just that when I see the anime versions on the mangas like Naruto,Bleach,Death Note,DB,Hellsing,Yu-Gi-Oh! etc, the popular mangas, it makes me read them because they are the ones I know of and that they are there. If I ever saw anime versions of other mangas, I would have read them as well but they just don't air on TV sadly :(

Now I know that I need t catch up to alot if I want to participate in other manga discussions. lol :) By the way, do you like Yu-Gi-Oh!? I've seen many negative reviews about the manga/anime on other forums, but what about you?

What are the best 3 Mangas ur aware of?
Well, I have read Naruto,Bleach,Death Note, Dragonball,Hellsing, and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Naruto and Bleach are my 2 top favourite.

Currently reading Naruto/Bleach and starting to read D.Gray Man. After that, Togari and Black Cat. 3 mangas that people have recommended and that I find interesting. D.Gray Man,Togari, and Black Cat. Possible after that I'll have a go at 666 Satan, but it will take time lol. D.Gray Man has heavy loads of Volumes and Black Cat has heavy loads of vlumes as well. :)

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I second Eni on Full Metal Alchemist. Best shonen out there IMO, the plot, the characters, the themes. It's really a masterpiece. The original anime made significant plot changes so it pays to read the manga.

Kekkaishi, Tegami Bachi, and Soul Eater are all a cut above typical shonen action. All three have more to offer then power ups and tournament style fighting. If you're looking for more series try Vagabond. It's seinen rather then shonen, but has as much action (or more) then Naruto or Bleach. There's a lot more depth then typical shonen have as heavier moral, social, and spiritual themes are explored. There's also a lot more blood ;)

Sloggett

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I can't believe HunterXHunter hasn't been mentioned. Give it a few chapters and you will be hooked!

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Oh yesh, I second Soul Eater <333

Don't get turned off by the first volume, the series started out as three oneshots, so to say. I've seen people dropping it because the first three chapter aren't related to each other, stupid >.>

takezou

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Takkoku!

hi, i have search the Edited Manga for takkoku(fukuchi tsubasa), but i can`t find it could someone make the Edited Manga please

reinen

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Takkoku!

Well, you're lucky the first chapter is out. Get it here.

Or you might want to add it to your favorites, here. You will be updated automatically if you do that.

[nami] Request completed [/nami]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Oh yesh, I second Soul Eater <333

Don't get turned off by the first volume, the series started out as three oneshots, so to say. I've seen people dropping it because the first three chapter aren't related to each other, stupid >.>
That would be a silly thing to do x_X

The first three chapters introduce the main characters. How could someone drop a series over fundamental story telling? Besides, how could anyone claim to no if they like or dislike a series that quickly? To each their own I guess. Soul Eater is classic, anyone who likes action should give it a chance. The anime was damned good too.

arian.debasa

Reaction score
Country
Cuba
Re: Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac

hola soy nuevo en esta pagina. me entere de ella buscando informacion sobre donde pudiera ver los mangas de Saint Seiya, ya que soy fan a este manga. En mangaFox tienen el vol 1 pero se quedaron ahi. En tu respuesta dices que sabes donde encontrarlos todos. Podrias poner el link de donde encontrarlo. Pueden estar en ingles o en espannol.
gracias de antemano.

Onomatopoeia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

That would be a silly thing to do x_X

The first three chapters introduce the main characters. How could someone drop a series over fundamental story telling? Besides, how could anyone claim to no if they like or dislike a series that quickly? To each their own I guess. Soul Eater is classic, anyone who likes action should give it a chance. The anime was damned good too.
I've seen/read about people droping OP within the first 5 chapters.

You might like Claymore it does have a lot of swordfighting , pretty good drawing, good plot etc.

I'd say its excellent you'll probablly enjoy it a lot.

Veritas is also a safe bet. Arts amazing and most people enjoy the fights a lot.

Last edited:

waxaph

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Name of old manga

A couple of years back, before I began studying Japanese, I encountered an English translation of a Japanese manga. I'm looking for this manga, and need some help to get its name.

The story goes something like this:

There were some parasitic aliens that invaded earth, which lived by taking the bodies of hosts. They could manipulate the forms of these bodies at will; e.g. by changing them into razor sharp axes, blades, which can easily decapitate other living beings.

The main character was about to be taken over by the alien; but somehow, he managed to stave off the alien, which was trying to get in through his hand. Thus, the alien couldn't take over his body, but it did manage to take over the guy's hand. (The alien can't kill his host; otherwise, it would die too.)

There were other renegade aliens in the manga as well.

Anyone? Would appreciate the help.

Kuuki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: Name of old manga (where an alien took the host's hand).

The japanese title for the manga is 'Kiseijuu' and the english title is 'Parasyte'.

I hope this is the one you are looking for :)

waxaph

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: Name of old manga

Ahh, indeed! That is the one! Thank you very much!

turok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Excel saga request

Trying to eek out all the chapters and volumes of excel saga on the net but can raely find any.

Can anyone help providing such manga?