The Anonymous Spore Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Anonymous Spore Thread

Anonymous Spore

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Err... Hello. Got here from a link a friend of mine posted.

*bows* You may call me V. Err, Spore. Whatever works.

I'm currently working with fucking-manga to help them catch up with their ES21 chapters (translation scripts only), and also Editing the newest Eyeshield 21 chapters as they come up, from 168 on to 178 (the current chapter). I expect 179 will be up sometime later tonight and I'll be working on that as well. I can translate, clean, and typeset a raw within roughly 3 hours of getting it, but since my work is far more demanding than I'd like it do be, those 3 hours usually come a day or two after everybody else has seen the raws.

I'm fluent in Japanese, Korean, and English, and I subscribe to the 'get the meaning across' school of translation, not the 'must be excrutiatingly literal' type.

The chapters I've done currently are up on various one-click file hosting sites. Tell me what ya think over at the ES21 forum!

P.S. Anybody mind telling me the difference between 'translation' and 'Edited Manga'? :P

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Welcome to us, Spore. :)

Here, we define "translation" as a script only, while a "Edited Manga" is when it's edited into the original chapter. :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ah, welcome to the group! Putting you in the Translators subgroup, and btw, it's unusual to see a guy working as both a translator and Manga Editor! How do you find the time?

Awesome that you know Korean as well. Why do you know both Japanese and Korean, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks for your hard work and for coming around here. I'll make a board for you under Other Drafts where you can store your translations as well :)

I guess we'll go ahead and make an Eyeshield 21 board too, under Mangaverse. ^_^

Anonymous Spore

Reaction score
Putting you in the Translators subgroup
Thanks!

How do you find the time?
Well, since the raw chapters come up near the weekend, (Friday where I live) I use the weekend to scanlate the chapters. Translating scripts doesn't take as much time, so I can do it on the fly.

Why do you know both Japanese and Korean, if you don't mind my asking?
I was born in Japan, lived there long enough to soak in all the Japanese I need, moved to the States, repeated the process, then moved to Korea (where I'm living now) and learned Korean.

I'll make a board for you under Other Drafts where you can store your translations as well

I guess we'll go ahead and make an Eyeshield 21 board too, under Mangaverse.  ^_^
Neat. Thanks a bunch.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Your own Translations board is at Other Drafts and you're the moderator there now :)

Every week that you submit a new Translation ( if you plan to in the new Eyeshield 21 board at Mangaverse ) we mods will move it to your forum when it becomes out-dated.

Enjoy! And if I may ask a question, are you a football fan? XD

Anonymous Spore

Reaction score
ES21 made me into a football fan. Before I read it, I didn't even know what a down was. :P

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to MH, hope you have a great time here :)

how about 'soccer' you follow?

Anonymous Spore

Reaction score
I've been meaning to read Whistle for ages, but I never found the time. :P I do watch real soccer, though.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Love Whistle! I recommend it.

What team are you a fan of ( American football that is? ) XD ( I played football in high school, I'm a fan of the Tennessee Titans and also quarterback Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts, because the dude went to my university.

It all makes for one big headache for me whenever the two teams play each other, which is often 'cause they're in the same divison. >.< )

Oh just so if you're curious - we have two other translators here who are fans of ES21 too - Airy and Ryoma Echizen. Ryoma was actually planning to translate ES21 for some time, but it looks like he won't need to now :)

Anonymous Spore

Reaction score
Ironically enough, I like the Steelers, who have their own Eyeshield 21.

Neat, I'll have to try and get together with them sometime.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Congrats to your Super Bowl-winning Steelers then :p

Who are you referring to as their Eyeshield 21?

P.S. I'm uploading all the ES21 Edited Mangas you've posted to the FTP at the moment. :)

Anonymous Spore

Reaction score
Their cornerback, Colclough, is uniform #21 and he wears a clear eyeshield. Heh.

Alright, that's great. :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Colclough's from my corner of Tennessee., I remember when he played at Tusculum College :)

J1nsan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anonymous_Spore, you kick ass. Thanks so much for the Edited Mangas dude. Now I can be much more satisfied with Eyeshield 21. :D

hhv94

Reaction score
Country
United States
Want to thank you for being able to scan the latest chapters of Eyesheild 21. Also for helping out Fucking Manga in getting up to date on the chapters since they where painfuly slow in the past. I wish I knew as much Japanese myself but I wont be taking classes till fall 2006. Hope to one day go to Japan myself for a visit.

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Great job on ES21, Spore! I'm impressed by how much you work! :o

I've read that you lived in Japan, US and Korea. Which one is your favourite (if you can say that)? How do they differ in your opinion (explain only roughly - it would be too much otherwise)?
Did you like moving or would you have preferred to stay in one country?

Anonymous Spore

Reaction score
I guess I liked the US most. Japanese people are way too polite for their own good. Koreans are normally fine, but they get belligerent at the slightest things. :P Americans strike an easy in-between which I find to be most appealing. The environment for manga is good in Korea, incredible in Japan. If you've ever watched/read Genshiken and seen the huge shops that stock manga and doujinshi...

Entering Akihabara is a manga/anime/game fan's dream come true. Heh.

I would have liked to stay in one place, obviously... but work called, and I had to answer. :PP

Smudj

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Just wanted to thank you for the Black Lagoon Edited Mangas/tranaslations:) :worship

exylex

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I would like to thank you for the Vinland Saga releases, keep up the good work :mgai

vetrox

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the work you're doing.
I wish there was some way I could help! I'm quite OK with editing/cleaning, having worked on series like Battle Angel Alita LO before. Just write a line/PM if you feel like it.

Thanks again! You really keep the vinland releases gushing out, although keeping the quality up nice and clean! :)