Character - The Asta Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character The Asta Thread

kanekikid12

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh god, Asta. Nah, it's not actually that bad. My only problem with him is his ability. Absolute Magic Nullification is, in my opinion, a bit too much and hasn't done anything but take the tension out of his fights. The idea behind it is fine, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

The author probably could've played up the demon angle and had it where Asta's sword "eats" magic. It would allow Asta's sword to drain magic and weaken it, but it would also mean that those who have higher reserves of Magic wouldn't be completely useless as soon as the sword touches them.
That would be dumb. Unrealisticness sucks and its already unrealistic enough. He needs that sword to be op to have any sort of realistic chance to pull off what he has.

Aniela

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
That would be dumb. Unrealisticness sucks and its already unrealistic enough. He needs that sword to be op to have any sort of realistic chance to pull off what he has.
An idea: maybe he needn't have pulled everything he had and instead let the much better written side characters shine?...

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I do not believe that Asta's ability is too overpowered.

Eventually the author found a way to compensate for the advantages and disadvantages of the character.