Life - The "Bad Luck/Cursed" and "Lost thread...... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The "Bad Luck/Cursed" and "Lost thread......

white silver

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Well I started this topic because......... well you see, I don't know if I'm really cursed or not. But I always seem to LOSE a lot of valuable things. In the period of 6 months, these are the stuff that I have lost:

A bag (that contains 3 items) :

A digital camera

A Mobile Phone

A Sony MP3 Player (1 GB).

Total amount lost: USD$630.

Then there was an umbrella I misplaced

A bag

An umbrella

A Hand umbrella (lost within a day)

Another umbrella (lost within 30 minutes)

A DrumMania memory card (worth 50 hours of playing time)

A mobile phone

An umbrella

A hand umbrella (again, lost within 10 minutes)

And the worst of all.

A Bag containing.

A white PSP embedded with a 2GB memory card. Boo hoo!

The purpose of this thread is for those who remembered the time that lost their valuable things. What about you, did you lose anything really precious?

I believe in my case it's really bad luck since I've never lost that much things in a period of 6 months.

[mod=Charlie]link removed[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

A DrumMania memory card (worth 50 hours of playing time)

And the worst of all.

A Bag containing.

A white PSP embedded with a 2GB memory card. Boo hoo!
OH GAWD, how could you? D=

I'd seriously kill myself if I lose a memory card of a game I spent my ass playing >_> Lock your stuff with a long chain attached to you! XD

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
:faint That's really bad. I should be thankful that my brother didn't reach that many valuable items lost in 6 months. He may have misplaced more stuff in quantity but their worth pales in comparison to a digital camera, 2 mobile phones, a mp3 player and a PSP! Oh wait, he lost a mobile once. I recall him misplacing 3 footballs/soccer balls in less than 6 months. All of them were his, with the 2nd and 3rd as replacements for the 1st and 2nd respectively.

When I lose an ID, I need to pay a fee for it to be replaced. I experienced losing an ID, paid the fee then get the new one when I find the ID I lost shortly afterwards TWICE. Talk about waste of money, but it's definitely less than how much you lost. Here's a hug: :hug

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
That's really terrible Kunai Jutsu.
I have a story with an happy end: some years ago my cell fell when I was getting out of a car but I noticed that only when I was back at home. I thought the cell lost, then the phone at home started ringing but none was answering for 3 or 4 times, at least the line didn't fall and on the phone was the person who found my cell. He was using the phone numbers memorized in the cell to contact me, so I got back my cell.

yeste

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Ah, man…

Well, first of all, what’s up with the umbrella’s??? You lost quite a lot of them, which means that you carry them a lot!!?! This is very strange for me because I absolutely hate umbrellas!!! I only carried one on two or three occasions… ( ah, the reason for this is that I’m very tall, so I get pissed of with the fact that whenever there’s rain outside I know that people will be sticking their umbrellas in my face when I walk by them… :( )

As for other things… ahhhh, man that’s just too bad!!! I would be sooooo pissed if I lost so many things, so I cant imagine how you feel… I really hope this “bad luck” passes you soon!!! But until then, keep better care of your things!!! :p

Kratos

Reaction score
here is a little advice for the umbrella...
dont use them, they suck

once i lost my cell phone... my dad almost kill me
besides that i usually dont lost thing... instead i found other peoples things

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Thank you guys, that's why I've decided to buy a "raincoat". In Hong Kong, there are always raining seasons. I can partly say that I am very very absent minded. The only two things I never lost in my life are my wallet and my 7 year old g-shock watch.

Ayah said:
Here's a hug: :hug
Returns hug: :hug!

Dragonzair said:
OH GAWD, how could you? D=

I'd seriously kill myself if I lose a memory card of a game I spent my ass playing >_> Lock your stuff with a long chain attached to you! XD
There are a couple of movies, mp3s, pictures and saved files for over 12 games. Some of which included GTA and Monster Hunter. Those games took hours to finish.

Yeste said:
Ah, man…

Well, first of all, what’s up with the umbrella’s??? You lost quite a lot of them, which means that you carry them a lot!!?! This is very strange for me because I absolutely hate umbrellas!!! I only carried one on two or three occasions… ( ah, the reason for this is that I’m very tall, so I get pissed of with the fact that whenever there’s rain outside I know that people will be sticking their umbrellas in my face when I walk by them… :( )

As for other things… ahhhh, man that’s just too bad!!! I would be sooooo pissed if I lost so many things, so I cant imagine how you feel… I really hope this “bad luck” passes you soon!!! But until then, keep better care of your things!!! :p
I can see your point, you have no idea how many TALL guys I've pissed off. And I'd bet you hate this too. It's raining and the shorter guy opens the umbrella below you, and so all the water from that umbrella drips down to your clothes.

Kratos said:
here is a little advice for the umbrella...
dont use them, they suck

once i lost my cell phone... my dad almost kill me
besides that i usually dont lost thing... instead i found other peoples things
The first time I had a cellphone, guess what, I lost it! And I replaced my pocket with tissue paper. When my mom asked for the mobile phone I pointed out the bulky part of my pants (which was hanging), to gamble if she would buy it. She didn't and when she saw it was tissue paper, she smacked me so hard I slept/fainted.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Talk about losess, I already lost my items (precious ones as well). Happened about a year ago when my family and I went for a holiday to Hokkaido. Here's what I lost in that burglary:

My X-BOX
DVD player set (a new one too)
My precious PC (goodbye 1 TB PC :scry)

Luckily, I brought my notebook with me. Well the thieves had been caught but I never get back my belongings. It's troublesome when your country is filled with illegal immigrants who try to "earn more money".

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
baxteristic said:
Talk about losess, I already lost my items (precious ones as well). Happened about a year ago when my family and I went for a holiday to Hokkaido. Here's what I lost in that burglary:

My X-BOX

Luckily, I brought my notebook with me. Well the thieves had been caught but I never get back my belongings. It's troublesome when your country is filled with illegal immigrants who try to "earn more money".
Oh, man that's gotta suck. :( Coming back from vacation only to find your stuff missing?

I pretty much just have bad luck with sunglassses. My eyes are kinda sensative to light, so I try to always have a pair with me. I have to buy new ones at least once a month because i usually break them or lose them :/ Needless to say, I NEVER buy epensive sunglasses XD

I also have a bad habit of losing earrings. I always lose either the back or I misplace them when I take them out >< I've probably lost a good 50+ pairs >< >< ><

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
LadyHatake said:
I also have a bad habit of losing earrings. I always lose either the back or I misplace them when I take them out >< I've probably lost a good 50+ pairs >< >< ><
Isn't that make you somewhat clumsy? No offense intended.

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
baxteristic said:
What LadyHatake has for earrings, I have for umbrellas!

baxteristic said:

My X-BOX
Wow, that really sucks. My house got ransacked once, but it was just a small television, an MD player (broken) and some of the cash my mom layed around in the open.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
baxteristic said:
hm, not so much clumsy. More absentminded ^^;; I take them out before field hockey practice, and then I forget where I put them or I drop them somewhere. I think clumsy is more of a physical thing, like tripping over things, running into things, etc ^^

I also lose CDs alot. I have an ipod now, so I don't really use CDs excet sometimes in my truck, but when I used to listen to them all the time I'd lose them >.>

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
LadyHatake said:
hm, not so much clumsy. More absentminded ^^;;
Aaa... Sorry for my lack of vocabulary.. :p

LadyHatake said:
I also lose CDs alot. I have an ipod now, so I don't really use CDs excet sometimes in my truck, but when I used to listen to them all the time I'd lose them >.>
Talking about CDs, I experience the same too during my Discman era. I always lost my CDs. When that happened, I always look into the dustbins. I can found at least 1 or 2 inside them. My mom throw it away because I usually put them in places that are ,ost likely people will think that I don't need them anymore.

But my Discman was stolen along all my CD cases. Happened a long time ago when I was still studying in a boarding school.

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lost possessions

so who here how often loses their stuff like car keys, your wallet, maybe your shoes or even watch :P and women ur purses count too. and how often do you lose these effects xD lol im notorious for losing my wallet and the most vital times i need it like i get a job offer and have to supply them with my ID lol

[mod=Charlie]Merged threads[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Lost possessions

I've been in a constant battle with the remote contol since the dawn of time. >.> Although i did think i beat it yesterday by buying a second remote control, that however ended up lost too (I later found it one of my shoes O_o; ).

mrcongojack

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't usually lose things like my wallet or cell phone, I obsessively check to make sure they are in my pockets. The one thing I continually lose track of is my Leatherman. It'll slip out of my pocket and I won't see it for days, and then I end up needing it at midnight so I look throughout my house and car and find it stuck in the driver's seat, only to forget why I needed it in the first place.

KyanWan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I lose everything. That's why I just either keep it in my pocket ( like my wallet ) or - wear it all the time ( like my belt , lol )

Other things - PocketPC for example - if I put it down, it disappears. I found the thing after 4 months of being lost ... it fell behind a desk. How - I have no clue... but it did.

And the damn battery died ... lost all my crap that was in main memory. Piece of junk.

Even lose my iced coffee / tea if I buy it - put it somewhere, walk away ... hey, didn't I have something to drink ... (?) doh (?)

Other things like the car keys - I've burned habits into my mind. Like always make sure I got em in my pocket before I leave the car, etc. Helps to get that instinct going - check it mindlessly. ;)

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

I've been in a constant battle with the remote contol since the dawn of time. >.> Although i did think i beat it yesterday by buying a second remote control, that however ended up lost too (I later found it one of my shoes O_o; ).
:rofl

my arch enemy seems to be my car keys :notrust

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States

I lose everything that I hold on my hands. So I try to keep my hands off everything.

Situation A:
I hold an umbrella (because of the rain) and walk into a shop. I begin to browse the clothes around after I put down my umbrella. When I walk out of the shop, my umbrella is gone. Wonderful.

Situation B:
I hold my water bottle on my hand and go to the library. I sit down, play with the computer for a few minutes and leave without my water bottle. Excellent.

Now, I make it a habit to check my pockets every now and then just to make sure that I still have everything with me. I also make it a habit to count the things that I have in each of my pockets. I know that I need to have 3 things in my left pocket (lip balm, keys, cellphone) and 1 thing in my right pocket (wallet). So whenever something is missing, I'll know immediately.

My LOST record.

- my passport :omg
Lost it while I held it on my hand and left it inside citibank. Good thing I left it inside a bank and they were honest enough to tell me about it.
- my ID
Lost it together with my wallet because it got stolen
- my wallet
Left the window open at 3am. Someone reached in and stole it from the dresser under the window while I was sleeping. Took me 1 day to realize that it was stolen because I thought I misplaced it.
- countless of umbrellas
refer situation A
- countless of water bottles
refer situation B
- my cellphone
Again, left it somewhere when I just let it go from my hand. Fortunately, someone returned it to me.
- and a lot of other things.

godofthesunn

Ghosted
Reaction score
Country
Finland

well i've lost a few things or rather i forgot them at home and since i live so far from home i wont be able to retrive them till march or so..

I lost
1. my ethernet cable.. yah i could buy another one but its like 20 bucks no way i'm going to buy one and i have it at home

2. my mp3 docker cable.. now i cant upload any new music to my mp3 player for 3 months

3. a cd I need that has some music that i love. also at home

4. going back in time here. I lost my nano pet as a young boy.. I still miss that thing