Manhwa - The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park | Page 68 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manhwa The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

djimbey

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Lame and boring. I was thinking about training arc and championship where siwoon get GMR title (those seven years) and in the end got low level rework of first season. Why this kid so strong already? I think after 15-20 chapters this kid can beat up gmr .

braveheart655

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Lame and boring. I was thinking about training arc and championship where siwoon get GMR title (those seven years) and in the end got low level rework of first season. Why this kid so strong already? I think after 15-20 chapters this kid can beat up gmr .
If there ever will be a martial arts competition, the new kid will be the one to attend it. lol

szopaman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Big would be plot, where after short time new kid dies becosue of use of these pills based on shion Blood.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have mixed feelings with how Season 3 started. Switching protagonists at this point in the story is insane. What connection does the new kid have with Sosul, GMR, etc.? None. He's the male version of Saehee. In addition, his growth rate is even more ridiculous than Shioon's, but Shioon had a justified reason thanks to the ki pill he swallowed coupled with the Black Origin threshold he was trained in. This kid is... what? He's super talented? That makes a lot of sense. Lastly, the main fanbase is composed of long-term readers, not new readers. The fact that the author was seemingly oblivious to this fact is surprising. Hopefully the author rectifies the situation and switches the focus back to Shioon. I'll wait until ~20 chapters and if I see evidence of a secondary hijacking the main plot like what happened in Naruto I'm dropping this series.

Reactions: Wha

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How many chapters did they dump again? Most of the Jinie panels hurt my soul... She looked good when she told them to stop though.

And yeah this is really not very interesting so far, I can't care about this new guy at this moment. And he is growing so fast? I still haven't reread The Breaker but I don't think Shi-Woon's growth was this fast? Still thinking/hoping they are doing this because it's the first volume.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
We're at 7 chapters out in the wild right?

I don't think it's terrible but it's not the best. I feel like they're doing pretty much what I thought they were doing. This kid is slowly reinserting everybody back into the world after a timeskip. Which is not a terrible way to handle it in my opinion, HOWEVER that statement is entirely dependent one how well it actually manages to reintroduce us to that situation and world.

If the story ends up being more about building this kid as a "co-protagonist" it won't work. It never works. See "Wangan and ToG" for those who don't follow Tower of God. It's author tried to do that for a bit. It failed spectacularly. To the point where that character, and almost every supporting character related to him is just gone and nobody even really notices. Because at the end of the day we're here for a sequel not a spinoff. Nobody was asking for that and I can only hope the author is fully aware of that fact. You sit down to watch Star Wars Part 10 or whatever and they start playing, what is essentially, Ewoks 3. Nobody is going to be happy about that.

Hopefully the artist reups his game when he's sure his author isn't going to say "I changed my mind!" again. Though to be fair, Jinnie with short hair was bad call regardless of other factors.

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We're at 7 chapters out in the wild right?

I don't think it's terrible but it's not the best. I feel like they're doing pretty much what I thought they were doing. This kid is slowly reinserting everybody back into the world after a timeskip. Which is not a terrible way to handle it in my opinion, HOWEVER that statement is entirely dependent one how well it actually manages to reintroduce us to that situation and world.

If the story ends up being more about building this kid as a "co-protagonist" it won't work. It never works. See "Wangan and ToG" for those who don't follow Tower of God. It's author tried to do that for a bit. It failed spectacularly. To the point where that character, and almost every supporting character related to him is just gone and nobody even really notices. Because at the end of the day we're here for a sequel not a spinoff. Nobody was asking for that and I can only hope the author is fully aware of that fact. You sit down to watch Star Wars Part 10 or whatever and they start playing, what is essentially, Ewoks 3. Nobody is going to be happy about that.

Hopefully the artist reups his game when he's sure his author isn't going to say "I changed my mind!" again. Though to be fair, Jinnie with short hair was bad call regardless of other factors.
Agree mostly, but I don't think Wangan is gone for the reason you think. I mean, the original cast was gone for most of part 2, not because they were unpopular, but because a different story was being told. And now Wangan is moving on to a new phase, to be reintroduced later.

I'm going to give this new season some time, it's not great that they seemingly just skipped over the end of season 2, but I'm sure we'll get to that soon enough. The "Shiwoon is dying" is definitely something I could do without. But I'll cut it some slack (but the art is a bit weird. When the new guy is shirtless doing the breathing, he looks like an old man).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, SIU always had big plans for Wangnan and he is rather popular. In his group I think only he and Yihwa are. But they were mostly meant to be a normal group unlike the battle shonen group of Team Baam in S1.

Maybe, maybe the author has big plans for that new guy but the way he has been introduced and is shoved into the story is just not good.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Agree mostly, but I don't think Wangan is gone for the reason you think. I mean, the original cast was gone for most of part 2, not because they were unpopular, but because a different story was being told. And now Wangan is moving on to a new phase, to be reintroduced later.

I'm going to give this new season some time, it's not great that they seemingly just skipped over the end of season 2, but I'm sure we'll get to that soon enough. The "Shiwoon is dying" is definitely something I could do without. But I'll cut it some slack (but the art is a bit weird. When the new guy is shirtless doing the breathing, he looks like an old man).
That's fair but I guess the point I'm trying to make is... how often have you thought about Wangan or any supporting character related to him since they all disappeared? That's the fate of all characters like this. They can often achieve things narratively in the meantime, as I'm convinced they're trying do do with this kid. But long term there is a zero chance we will be equally interested in this kid than we will Shioon. That just never happens.

If they are doing this effectively this kid is the opening act. Shioon and continuing the plot threads from the previous season needs to be the headliner of the proverbial show. In that capacity I think it can work to some degree. Anything other than that is, I think, just destined to fail.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Which unresolved plotlines from the original series need attention btw.

My list goes something like

• Kaiser
  • So Sul
  • Shi Ho

Who am I forgetting

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which unresolved plotlines from the original series need attention btw.

My list goes something like

• Kaiser
  • So Sul
  • Shi Ho

Who am I forgetting
Those are the core ones.

Though slightly separate from Kaiser is GMR having killed Kwon and the whole revenge side of that along with however that bonehead got himself brainwashed by Kaiser. And I vaguely remember some battle tournament thing that was supposed to be coming.

Then there are a whole series of minor ones with the various martial arts alliance elders. Like Shioon's rival guy. And didn't new waves end with Shioon getting trained by the former head of the martial arts alliance (the antagonist GMR beat in S1) or at least receiving the offer to be trained. We need to get back into all of that.

Then there was Shioon's mom and what was going on there. There is just a whole lot.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Those are the core ones.

Though slightly separate from Kaiser is GMR having killed Kwon and the whole revenge side of that along with however that bonehead got himself brainwashed by Kaiser. And I vaguely remember some battle tournament thing that was supposed to be coming.

Then there are a whole series of minor ones with the various martial arts alliance elders. Like Shioon's rival guy. And didn't new waves end with Shioon getting trained by the former head of the martial arts alliance (the antagonist GMR beat in S1) or at least receiving the offer to be trained. We need to get back into all of that.

Then there was Shioon's mom and what was going on there. There is just a whole lot.
Shioon's mom was only shown once i think? in S1 and goes to work i think a lot of us even think that Shioon's dad is maybe from murim because on how fast he learns martial arts but it was never pursued by the author at least in Elceed the MC mom knows about special people and she works with them for research.

If S3 even become successful that they will make S4 im sure the author will make progress on the main plot line like GMR ,Kaiser , So-Sul and Shi-ho's resurrection.

I know that it's just the early stages but im not optimistic in this S3 i know the author says that this early chapters is gonna have a big payoff in later chapters but if your readers doesn't want to read your manhwa after 7-10 chapters in he should just quit this series and focus on Trinity Wonder.

I'm just ticked off on this new character his progress is too fast and too big in just a couple of chapters he can do stuff that even newbies of murim had a hard time processing and he only did basic exercise. If Shioon is using that kid to lure someone by using the same method GMR did to teach him Black Heaven and Earth Techs im sure it will backfire and maybe that new character kid will become the antagonist on this season and fight Shioon.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shioon's mom hit her head during one of the terrorist things and was comatose-ish. She was under the care of Sera at the end of New Waves. That's what I was referring to.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
When was the tournament announced near the end of New Waves supposed to start?

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's fair but I guess the point I'm trying to make is... how often have you thought about Wangan or any supporting character related to him since they all disappeared? That's the fate of all characters like this. They can often achieve things narratively in the meantime, as I'm convinced they're trying do do with this kid. But long term there is a zero chance we will be equally interested in this kid than we will Shioon. That just never happens.

If they are doing this effectively this kid is the opening act. Shioon and continuing the plot threads from the previous season needs to be the headliner of the proverbial show. In that capacity I think it can work to some degree. Anything other than that is, I think, just destined to fail.
Well, that is slightly different, replacing side characters in ToG, with replacing the lead character completely. And I'm with you, if that is what they are doing it will fail, especially since the new kid is just Shioon light. He's basically the same character, so I think he's being used mainly as a reintroduction to the world for new readers since the manhwa is in a new format. It's a "new" beginning reintroducing the world, and using this kid, expanding his manna or whatever they call it, is a good way to kind of quickly show readers what the world is again.

But yeah, he can't replace Shioon as the center of the story, that will be a bust.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

At The end of New Waves kang sung announced tournament i next 6 months. I suppose that we are currently near that time.
I'm confused on the timeline. WHat year of school was Shiwoon in? Was it near the end of school? He's 2nd year now, so I guess if it was 1st year, it makes sense time wise.

glio

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
He was in first year so it make sense time wise.
At the end of NW, the previous alliance chief proposed to shioon to train him. Because he had the same master as En Wol, who was GMR’s master. It makes sense… but here it starts with ghost doctor… :/

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I didn't realise that it already started. Let's see where the ride goes.
After reading 7 chapters, i think that it could either be really great or really bad. Depends on what the plan is with the new kid. But actually, i see a lot of potential using him.
That his growth is rushed like that is actually a good thing for me. It means that there is a bigger plan at work and not just a copy of season 1.
At least i hope so.

Instead of wrapping up The Breaker season 3 in a meaningful way back then, they wanted to pursue other projects.
They already did that with The Ruler of the Land, i guess it is some kind of bad habit?
Although right now a chapter comes out every two weeks, i am still not sure if i will ever see the end of it.
Getting Berserk vibes here.

They really are rehashing everything huh? What a waste of season this is.
Although i can understand your frustration to some degree, i think it is too early for such a statement.
That's like watching a football game and judging it after the first 5 minutes.

braveheart655

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Just wanted to look at the forums and I still feel wronged. Shioon was a newbie at season 1, he was crippled but kinda badass in season 2. Now that he's mostly healed, stronger than ever, has great backing and a new resolve/goal but he gets a backseat? WTF!!!???? F*** you authors.....

It's not brain surgery. If I was the author, I'd introduce a junior rookie sister of Kang Sera tag along Shioon at the school. Through her eyes, we'd remember what kind guy Shioon was (and what he became). This new loli would have conversations with Kang Sera to help us fill up the time-gap and recent happenings in Murim. In 5-10 chapters we'd be re-introduced to the series.

On the other hand, Shioon would gather the 'new' characters from season 2 and form his own team to go after Kaiser (maybe even coordinate with the government). After all, he's not the real head of the Sunwoo clan and he'd have to use his own means. He'd start beat up Kaiser's minions save Sosul and GMR from his clutches and assert his dominance in Murim.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
has great backing and a new resolve/goal but he gets a backseat? WTF!!!???? F*** you authors.....
If it stays that way, i would agree. I just don't think that they are planning to do that. And even if they wanted to do it, after the negative reaction of the fanbase, i think they would reconsider it.

At least they now got the attention of a lot of people. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.
And the new readers will probably read/buy season 1&2, because they might want to know what the old fanbase is talking about.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. If this continues for the next 10-20 Chapters however, i would start feeling pissed as well.