Games - The Castlevania Thread! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Castlevania Thread!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I've always enjoyed Castlevania games (the one bad game was Castlevania 64, but I never played that one), so I was wondering if anyone liked this series as well.

My particular favorite was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, where Alucard, Dracula's son, was the main protagonist for the first time. The gameplay and graphics in that game was as close as flawless as I've ever seen in a console game.

I was also tickled because when I first played Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, the game when Alucard first appeared, I always imagined that Alucard would make a good leading character for a latter game. Sure enough...!

Always liked the Belmonts, though. Trevor was my favorite.

Anyway, if you want to talk about the series at all, post away. There's some nice art associated with this series too, so if you want to show any, feel more than free to. ^^

Venom65437

I've loved it for a long time as well. It's a series that I think gets a lot better with each new generation of systems.

The PlayStation 2 incarnations of it are excellent, as well as the Nintendo DS versions. If anyone doesn't have those, they need to get off their butt and get them!

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
bump

A new Castlevania game is coming out called Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
E3 09: Trailer

It'll be available on PS3 and Xbox360 sometime in 2010.

Patrick Stewart is doing some voice work and Kojima Productions is involved with it as well. So it should be good voice acting wise and story wise... the only question is whether the game play will be good since its in 3d. I think we all know how crummy the 3d Castlevania games have been...

So, will this be the first good 3d Castlevania game or will it utterly disappoint like the rest?