1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. New Week, New Contest!
    It's time for another seasonal contest! The Calligraphy Summer Art Contest has begun. Show your creative writing styles.

Congrats to WithYouInSpirit for winning the Food Photography contest!
  4. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Original Work The Chronicles of Alti: Legend of Delta

Discussion in 'Fanfics and Stories' started by TheKindMoose, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TheKindMoose

TheKindMoose Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    The Chronicles of Alti is a story set on a pseudo-Earth, where magic power and scientific discovery intertwine. There are many story-lines set to take place throughout the history of the planet Alti, its inhabitants (native or not), and the struggles and wars that ensue. This series is far from the average high-fantasy, as it's not afraid to delve into modern times and futuristic technology.

Lore:
    At the beginning of the universe, there was a sea of true entropy. At its center, a Silhouette remained. It became bored of the entropy, and created Chaos: the Being of Creation. Chaos used its powers to craft the world. It created the Elements, Time, and Space, and the powers of Life, Soul, and Mind. Over time, these forces acquired sentience through the powers of the gods, and are known as the Eternals. The Eternals gifted the newly created mortals with small fractions of the powers of the gods, which the Silhouette despised. The Silhouette believed that Chaos betrayed it, and they fought, resulting with each of them being destroyed on the planet Alti. Chaos' remains where crystallized by their own power, and contained elements of who Eternals have not yet assimilated. The un-eternalized elements chose beings on the planet of Chaos' death, Alti, as hosts, who ascended to be Eternal.

Background:
    Because of the flood of people created by Chaos in a short period of time, he gave them knowledge (including linguistics, engineering, and biology) to compensate for the high demand of supplies that would be needed. Because of this, raw materials are common, the infrastructure needed to process that material into more complex forms is rare, and advanced engineering on the small scale is common. There are three major races on Alti: the Humans, the Teres (Humanoids with a bony exoskeleton), and the Jarvainians (Boar-like humanoids that live shallowly underground). Rarely do these races get along due to their early history together.
    Map of World:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByAQjEUO5C1GbUlvN2pvUGpMVDA
    Concept Art (To be continued):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByAQjEUO5C1GdFJ5YVdyLWx6eWs
    Lost Writings (Those that were, for some reason, never made official):
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j4cKI726CcGvnWa94QVgGlK0eCIBST5wvQbRg2D2Fjs/edit?usp=sharing

Note:
    This series is nowhere near completion. In fact, I plan to create many story lines, across multiple characters, across multiple genera (Staying within the action/adventure categories of course), across multiple periods of time. So far, I only have a few series created, of which I will finish before developing the next set. I am developing this primarily for the novel style of storytelling. This series is likely not be suited for a younger audience, though mature content will still be at a minimum, due to the nature of this series. The most mature content will be limited to use of fantasy alcohol and drugs, minor profanity, and minor gore.

CoA: Legend of Delta
    This is the first series I'm making. It will be my primary focus.
    A strange being is without a clue where he is, or... who he is. He remembers something that is the key to his predicament: a minuscule room filled to the brim with flame. He wakes, only to be endlessly studied by his captors.

Prelude:
    https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
    Link for 1-20 (Current: 1-19)
    https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

CoA: (Project Era)
    This is the second series I'm making.
    A young boy sneaks out to have fun with his friend before heading back to bed. In the middle of the night, he is startled awake by a noise greater than any he has ever heard. The town is in disarray at the calamity taking place. With the help of his friend, the boy narrowly escapes from deathtrap of a town and makes his way into the nearby forest. He meets a mercenary named Kroam...

Preemptive QA:
    Q: Will this be free?
    A: I plan on making the original writings free, including edits I make. I also plan on making most if not all of my writings into full novels when the time comes.

Q: What are styles of your writings?
    A: Action-oriented, no embellishment, "old-timey," and emotionally descriptive. Expect a lot of lore, humor, and minor savagery. I also have many references to other fiction, so try to find them.

Q: Will there be drawings?
    A: At this point in time, I honestly don't have much experience drawing digitally, so drawings wont exist for a while. If I decide to draw manually and scan them, it will only be occasionally.

Q: ______ you say? Sounds like _______.
    A: Any similarities to other series is purely coincidental. The only thing that is based off of other series is indirect, such as character customization as a basis for my own. I do have inspiration from other series, but those do not effect the actual content of my work.

List of inspirations include but are not limited to: Souls series (particularly Demon's souls), Dragon Ball, SCP writing project, Mount & Blade, Dead Space, Fire Emblem anime (lol), Pokemon, The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Megaman, Avatar.

Q: How often can new content be expected?
    A: I usually post once every week, but about once a month when I am busy.

Q: How much content can be expected?
    A: About 1000-5000 words each chapter/episode, 40k+ words each volume (That's technically a novel!)

Q: Why a new link for every 20 chapters?
    A: Because its easier to handle, takes less time to load, and it's easier to navigate. Plus, all "volumes" will take place in multiples of 20.

Q: What tools do you use?
    A: I am using Google Docs for writing, and sometimes Microsoft Word when the time comes.

Q: How can I help?
    A: Create original concept characters, and post them down below. Go ham, but don't be surprised if I nerf characters who are simply to powerful. (Try adding a backstory.)

A: Create unique demon characters that possess special abilities and unique appearances, and post them down below.

A: Create plant and animal races, and post them down below.

A: Add motivational comments.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Darky, riki and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  2. TheKindMoose

United States
    This was originally posted on a different forum, but has been cloned here. It will be updated at the same time as the original, which can be found by searching the topic title if you so wish.

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  3. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    Thanks for sharing. I love the sound of this and I can really appreciate how well thought out it is.

TheKindMoose likes this.
  4. TheKindMoose

United States
    Thanks. This has been something I have been working on for about 4 years now. I have high hopes for this series.

Darky and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  5. WithYouInSpirit

Australia
    I'm a writer myself, and I have countless original works with 1 or 2 chapters. All dropped over time. I mustn't have found that right idea yet. Feel free to check out some of the work i actually completed last year. It was a 3 part Tokyo Ghoul fanfic series. I hope you are able to see this through. @riki could be someone else you can get tips off, since she also has a very long ongoing series.

TheKindMoose likes this.
  6. TheKindMoose

United States
    Episode 7 has been uploaded. LLLLLOOOOOOREEE

7. WithYouInSpirit

Australia
    I'm loving this so much! :zomg

TheKindMoose likes this.
  8. Darky

Darky The mod who goes BOOM

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

France
    That's a pretty nice idea you had there @TheKindMoose :hee
    Where can we get a link for the chapters?:sweat

TheKindMoose likes this.
  9. TheKindMoose

United States
    Those are included on the main post under their respective series.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2017 ---
    Episode 8 has been uploaded. Sorry for the wait.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2017 ---
    Episode 9 has been uploaded. He has his reasons, I assure you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2017 ---
    Episode 10 has also been uploaded. ACCELERATION.

10. WithYouInSpirit

Australia
    Nice work

TheKindMoose likes this.
  11. TheKindMoose

United States
    Episode 11 has also also been uploaded. I HAVE SPEED.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 27, 2017 ---
    Episode 12 has also also also been uploaded. I FEEL THE BURN.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2017 ---
    Episode 13 has been uploaded. This is what I consider to be the end of the introductory phase, meaning there will be more action and lore from here on out. Enjoy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 3, 2017 ---
    Episode 14 has been uploaded. This marks the end of what I have written thus far, meaning I will be writing completely fresh episodes instead of editing what I have written from here on out. Concept art should also be out by the 11th. Exciting
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2017 ---
    Episode 15 has been uploaded. This episode is quite short, but more will be uploaded soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 9, 2017 ---
    Episode 16 has been uploaded. I also uploaded a picture of the world map I made a while ago in the form of a ceramic tile. The map can be found under the background.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2017 ---
    The concept art has been uploaded, to be continued. Also, a link for writings that haven't made it into the story have been provided in the background tab.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 15, 2017 ---
    Episode 17 has been uploaded. What do you think about the new font?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017 ---
    Episode 18 has been uploaded. Sorry for the wait, but it's about twice the length of most other episodes to make up for it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 30, 2017 ---
    Episode 19 has been uploaded. Its quite spicy. :cookiehand

Darky and WithYouInSpirit like this.