1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Super Heroes contest! so choose and favourites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Original Work The Chronicles of Alti

Discussion in 'Fanfics and Stories' started by TheKindMoose, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TheKindMoose

TheKindMoose Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    The Chronicles of Alti is a story set on a pseudo-Earth, where magic power and scientific discovery intertwine. There are many story-lines set to take place throughout the history of the planet Alti, its inhabitants (native or not), and the struggles and wars that ensue.

The original writings will be posted before the drawings.

Lore:
    At the beginning of the universe, there was a sea of true entropy. At its center, a Silhouette remained. It became bored of the entropy, and created Chaos: the Being of Creation. Chaos used its powers to craft the world. It created the Elements, Time, and Space, and the powers of Life, Soul, and Mind. Over time, these forces acquired sentience through the powers of the gods, and are known as the Eternals. The Eternals gifted the newly created mortals with small fractions of the powers of the gods, which the Silhouette despised. The Silhouette believed that Chaos betrayed it, and they fought, resulting with each of them being destroyed on the planet Alti. Chaos' remains where crystallized by their own power, and contained elements of who Eternals have not yet assimilated. The un-eternalized elements chose beings on the planet of Chaos' death, Alti, as hosts, who ascended to be Eternal.

Background:
    Because of the flood of people created by Chaos in a short period of time, he gave them knowledge (including linguistics, engineering, and biology) to compensate for the high demand of supplies that would be needed. Because of this, raw materials are common, the infrastructure needed to process that material into more complex forms is rare, and advanced engineering, at least on the small scale, is common. There are three major races on Alti: Humans, Teres (Humanoids with a bony exoskeleton), and Jarvainians (Boar-like humanoids that live shallowly underground). Rarely do these races get along due to their early history together.

Note:
    This series is nowhere near completion. In fact, I plan to create many story lines, across multiple characters, across multiple genera (Staying within the action/adventure categories of course), across multiple periods of time. So far, I only have a few series created, of which I will finish before developing the next set. I am developing this primarily for the graphic-novel style of storytelling. This series is likely not be suited for a younger audience, though mature content will still be at a minimum, due to the nature of this series.

COA: Legend of Delta:
    This is the first series I am making.
    This story is based off a when the Vamaelain (an alien, magma dwelling humanoid race) Empire lost a war with another race due to a plague that prevented Vamaelians from developing reproductive organs, who sent out a cloning pod to the planet of Alti to see if they could cure the plague and help repopulate their race. But due to being captured by an anti-demon group, who believes them to be demons, the eight pre-cloned Vamaelians that where on the ship escaped 30-40 years late, long after the facility had been left in ruins due to an unknown cause. Delta, being the last to escape, (and unaware of others like him) heads out into the world. He meets a smith named Dirvar...

Prelude:
    https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
    Link for 1-20 (Current: 1-7)
    https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

COA: Rise of Empires:
    This will likely be my second series.
    This story is based off of Glavi, the Emperor of Galvia. Glavi was one of the first beings created by Chaos. Born as a fully mature being, like everyone else created by Chaos, he is a naturally strong and cunning warrior. Using his skills, and his increasing understanding and control over Wind, he seeks to destroy the great beasts that pose a danger to his race, whilst the ever-increasing threat of demons looms beyond.

COA: Ice & Fire:
    This will likely be my third series.
    The greatest threat Alti has ever faced is now in full force: A demon with the power to possess the bodies and minds of the fallen. Having been born with the power of Ice & Fire, Kira the Alchemist and Potu the Mercenary are recruited by the Emperor to fight back against this ever-growing force.

COA: Storm of Mind
    This will likely by my fourth series.
    The Eternal of Mind was the only of the Eternals to fight on Chaos' side, against the Silhouette. Before its destruction, Silhouette wished a curse upon the Eternal, cursing all of its creations with the existence of insanity. For one being may only die in one way, the insane roam Alti, immune to all mortal wounds. Once again, the might of a new force may be enough to cure Alti of this curse.

COA: Fate of Past:
    This will likely be my fifth series.
    It has been thought that Alti had moved past the time of beasts and darkness, but alas, it has not. In a time of relative peace, none expect the return of the greatest threat the world has ever faced, let alone even more powerful than before. However, the discovery of universal forces possessed by all beings might just turn balance of power.

Preemptive QA:
    Q: Will this be free?
    A: All writings will be free. The first few drawings of COA: LOD will be free as-well.

Q: What will the style of the writings be?
    A: Descriptive, semi-dark, "old-timey," and emotionally descriptive.

Q: What will the quality of the drawings be? Will they be in color?
    A: At this point in time, I honestly don't have much experience drawing digitally, so the quality wont be "professional" for a long while.
    A: Almost certainly.

Q: ______ you say? Sounds like _______.
    A: Any similarities to other series is purely coincidental. The only thing that is based off of other series is indirect, such as character customization as a basis for my own.

Q: How often can new content be expected?
    A: Hopefully, at least once a week, depending on how busy I am. (I am not a very busy person, but sometimes there is a lot I have to do.)

Q: How much content can be expected?
    A: About 1000-2500 words each chapter/episode.

Q: Why a new link for every 20 chapters?
    A: Because its easier to handle, takes less time to load, and its easier to navigate. Plus, all "volumes" will take place in multiples of 20.

Q: What tools do you use?
    A: I am using "paint.net" (Don't get confused, that's what the application is actually called, not the website you get it from) for the outer margins, cell outlines, speech bubbles and the sort. I am using a Intuos Draw Creative Tablet and Krita to make the actual drawings. I use Google Docs for writing.

Q: How can I help?
    A: Create original concept characters down below. This series is meant to be more realistic than not, so hyper-god-of-ultimate-speed-and-strength characters would most likely be ignored. (Try adding a backstory that doesn't involve any specific location.) Add motivational comments. Lack of motivation is the primary reason I sometimes go weeks without touching the story.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Darky, riki and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  2. TheKindMoose

United States
    This was originally posted on a different forum, but has been cloned here. It will be updated at the same time as the original, which can be found by searching the topic title if you so wish.

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  3. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    Thanks for sharing. I love the sound of this and I can really appreciate how well thought out it is.

TheKindMoose likes this.
  4. TheKindMoose

United States
    Thanks. This has been something I have been working on for about 4 years now. I have high hopes for this series.

Darky and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  5. WithYouInSpirit

Australia
    I'm a writer myself, and I have countless original works with 1 or 2 chapters. All dropped over time. I mustn't have found that right idea yet. Feel free to check out some of the work i actually completed last year. It was a 3 part Tokyo Ghoul fanfic series. I hope you are able to see this through. @riki could be someone else you can get tips off, since she also has a very long ongoing series.

TheKindMoose likes this.
  6. TheKindMoose

United States
    Episode 7 has been uploaded. LLLLLOOOOOOREEE

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  7. WithYouInSpirit

Australia
    I'm loving this so much! :zomg

TheKindMoose likes this.
  8. Darky

Darky MAD fRom wOrk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Vandenreich
    That's a pretty nice idea you had there @TheKindMoose :hee
    Where can we get a link for the chapters?:sweat

TheKindMoose likes this.
  9. TheKindMoose

United States
    Those are included on the main post under their respective series.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 at 12:53 AM, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2017 ---
    Episode 8 has been uploaded. Sorry for the wait.