Discussion - The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th- | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibi234

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Re: DGM 178 Discussion / 179 Predictions

Well maybe they know that Hoshinos health is not good so they expected that not so much chapter will be released from no on so they ended the anime for now... maybe after a year when the material would grow in numbers will return... right now there is not so much material to begin with and starting anime with fillers would be a very bad move....so better to wait for more manga material and going back to story line straith away ^^

Well each season was like 52-53episoides... (each episode 1,5-2chapters) and right now there is a 20chatpers gap between where the anime ended and where manga ended... (so its like 10 or less episodes manga material.... if they added some things in that 1week and 2months time gap then maybe few episodes more but it would make it fillers and fans have that)

So maybe after 1year there would be enought material to start next season ^^ for now on better lets hope for Hoshino to get well soon and start the DGM manga again... I would like to see DGM chapter next week but there are no information about it so no hope yet...

winterwyrm

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, that anime ended at a really good part though, I really liked seeing maker of Eden active. Oh well, it's too bad, I really wanted to see how this turns out, hopefully they'll at least end it in a hurry.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Why would they cancel the DGM manga? It's incredibly successful; to do so because of some bad health would be absurd. It's not at HxH status, but I doubt it has anything to fear.

King Mordred

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Why does she get sick so much. She's only 28??

endless_dream

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Maybe it's due to overwork...or something else...

Last edited:

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States

From what i've been hearing, Hoshino has been hospitalized and is in critical condition due to excessive intestinal bleeding attributed with some sort of illness she's had for a long time. The Shounen jump editors have issued a statment that they are unaware of how long she will out of the lineup nor if she will be continuing the series when/if she fully recovers.

Last edited:

King Mordred

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Maybe the cancellation of the anime exacerbated it. She should write and finish the rest of it and get a team to do it for her if its that serious. D Gray is one of my favorites and by a woman with better writing that some of the men out there. I hope she gets better soon not for the manga but for her sake.

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

From what i've been hearing, Hoshino has been hospitalized and is in critical condition due to excessive intestinal bleeding due to some sort of illness she's had for a long time. The Shounen jump editors have issued a statment that they are unaware of how long she will out of the lineup nor if she will be continuing the series when/if she fully recovers.
WHAAAAAAAT!!!!?!?!?!
Now i'm really afraid for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*telepathically transmitting the best wishes*

Lenalee Lee

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

From what i've been hearing, Hoshino has been hospitalized and is in critical condition due to excessive intestinal bleeding due to some sort of illness she's had for a long time. The Shounen jump editors have issued a statment that they are unaware of how long she will out of the lineup nor if she will be continuing the series when/if she fully recovers.
O___________________O"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE! T___T
SHE'LL BE FINE! I WISH THAT! T-T

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Indeed it is very sad..when i first heard the news, the pieces started falling into place as to why she has always been out frequently, and recently even without notice from the editors too. Eh..this does not bode well...

Zibi234

Reaction score
Country
Poland

But man I cant even imagine that the series could be canceled at current stage... I hope she will be allright and go back to DGM ^^ ehh if her condition is this bad then I asume we wont be haveing a chapter till new year... if she will go back to drawing again...

DGM is my favourite series and without it its like something is missing in dayly life... now its itneresting the 14th thing ect and man something like that happens....

No_One

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria

I've just read on Wiki:
In November 2008, Weekly Shōnen Jump announced that Hoshino was again putting the series on hold due to her health; the announcement did not include an expected continuation date.
Hopefully she gets better!

Last edited:

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

I really feel sorry for her. she's young but still has poor health, though this time is worse that ever, illness she had for a long time? that's horrible. I hope she's gonna be fine, and able to continue D.gray man, it's one of the best manga, sad to end it like this.. don't want to believe that.

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States

Wow, Hoshino's karma is really something. Intestinal bleeding sounds pretty bad, what illness I wonder... (aftereffects of reading too many histological, patholocigal, and clinical findings in journals)

Please let her continue it!!

manime

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I hope she gets better!

ketorin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

i really hope for her sake that she gets better. it sucks that she is this sick so young

rukiah

Reaction score
Country
Spain

hoshinooooo, you get better!!, we are with you!!! T^T
sounds pretty bad :S

SMN

hope she gets better and it does not happen like when the creator of trinity blood died.

solitary_Cross

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

oi, that's just bad. i mean she is just sick from what i've read but not terminal.

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

I hope so...
But no news make the old news grown and grown....thanks for stopping it!!
^ ^

Status
Not open for further replies.