Discussion - The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th- | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th-

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: DGM 178 Discussion / 179 Predictions

From my guessing, the earliest we'll get the next DGM chapter is by late February-early March, though beyond that is probably more probable.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, I am thinking the same idea too. I don't really know how long it will take to recuperate from that type of surgery, but I figure it has to be at least a couple weeks.

ying_su

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Not much news about Hoshino, though I heard from someone that she recently got out of surgery, and is recovering.
I will love you eternally for that news!!
Thanks you!!
XD

Hoshino get better soon!!!

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Not much news about Hoshino, though I heard from someone that she recently got out of surgery, and is recovering.
Lol hatsu, if that news is true then it is indeed good news. But are you sure about the source?

Anyway better for her to recover very well and not rush things.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Heard it from somewhere, can't remember where from however.

Even if it isn't true, it's been quite a while, so I'd assume she'll at least be recovering.

Zibi234

Reaction score
Country
Poland

well she had surgery in November if I remember but 2,5moths passed and no new info about her current health status...

For fans it would be whole better if they know some info about it or at least when they can suspect a future release ^^

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

well she had surgery in November if I remember but 2,5moths passed and no new info about her current health status...

For fans it would be whole better if they know some info about it or at least when they can suspect a future release ^^
I heard rumors from two sides now that say DGM will be probably back soon in March, but they are just that, rumors...I'm completely with you, we reached the 9 thread page saying exactly the same...always waiting for news...
I'm a little tired of that, i really hope DGM will be back in March, but, seriously some official news could make the waiting more interesting...

BTW...could it be, her situation is (too) dangerous to the point they cant say nothing since there's nothing sure in her health????
That's really worry me!!!!
:(

Kiriya-chaen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Great news!! ... She's gonna continue the manga in april ... Can't wait for the rest of the chapters that was due the three month long hiatus... Wahoo~~!! :grin

Read this on Wikipedia...

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Well, reading in wikipedia (thanks kiriya-chaen!!) i found this on the references:

Reference24:
Katsura Hoshino, la creadora del manga shonen D. Gray-Man, ha tenido recientemente problemas en la muñeca de la mano con que dibuja, debido a lo cual ha decidido tomarse un tiempo libre hasta tenerla completamente restablecida. Tal medida afectará el ritmo de salida de la serie en Japón: se calcula que en Abril de este año se reiniciará la publicación de nuevo material. El último volumen de D. Gray-Man aparecido en Japón es el número 17, concretamente en la fecha del 4 de Diciembre de 2008.

Por su parte, Ediciones Glénat no considera que la convalecencia de la artista afecte la periodicidad de su obra en España. A finales de este mes aparecerá en el mercado español el volumen 14 y, dado que la serie es bimestral, el volumen 17 se alcanzará a finales de Julio, época en la que se espera que Katsura Hoshino se encuentre completamente restablecida de su lesión.

Para entonces, D. Gray-Man habrá reemprendido seguramente su emocionante singladura.
It says, basically: She's been having problems with her right wrist (Ohhh!! Damn it!!). Since 'Ediciones Glenat' is currently publishing DGM in Spain, they say there won't be any problem (they will reach last volume soon) 'cause they expect the series will continue normally (starts in April) by the date they publish volume 17, that is around July 2009.
In a time between now and July the series will be publishing in Japan again and in consequence the Spanish publication wont be affected.

Conclusion:
- The series in Japan will be publishing again by April, for sure.
- The problem was her wrist (important but not serious -to death, i mean-)
- We can trust glenat, i think, since it's the most important manga editor in Spain.

Last edited:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'd still be wary. =/ The only source that can really be trusted is WSJ itself.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Until we get a proper report on Hoshino's condition and when the manga is going to start serialization again in WSJ, like what Digital_Eon is saying, I wouldn't trust Wiki that much, for now at least.

Hopefully it'll be April, if not sometime during late March I'm hoping.

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Well, well, there's never nothing sure. And it's cruel WSJ never said nothing. T_T

But we are talking about Glenat that is an important publisher here in spain, if they say something like that, it must be true someway. XD
Let's wait for this news being true!!
^^

hashire

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

She's been having problems with her right wrist

- The problem was her wrist (important but not serious -to death, i mean-)
I thought that the reason she was in the hospital was because of intestinal bleeding? I mean, she could be having problems with her wrist, but still. I wish we would get an official statement from somewhere so we know what really happened, unless of course it's something that she doesn't want made public? I'm hoping she'll get better and stay well. I miss DGM a lot, but I really just want her to feel better.

(Aside, but when I googled for possible information, I found something that some idiot posted about Hoshino possibly having AIDS because she gets sick so much. Um?)

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Seriously, that part confused me....intestinal bleeding was a great established rumor/theory, but Glénat said it's her wrist...and the wrist idea really fit the circumstances: you need your wrist to write and the better way to be healthy there is not to write/draw....so....
Let's see, let's see...

Btw, i'll take this news as true for now...i'll wait DGM to be back in April..^^

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Seriously, that part confused me....intestinal bleeding was a great established rumor/theory, but Glénat said it's her wrist...and the wrist idea really fit the circumstances: you need your wrist to write and the better way to be healthy there is not to write/draw....so....
Let's see, let's see...
Hoshino did have a wrist injury - in 2006 or 2007. It's very old news, and definitely not the case this time. If that's what this company is reporting, they are dead wrong and certainly don't have ANY news, much less a time at which she'll be returning.

[nami] Posts on DGM's status moved here ^^[/nami]

Last edited by a moderator:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well, a wrist injury can handicap you lifelong and get occasionally worse as well. I have this problem myself. It's fine for a year and than suddenly I need bandages and injections again, luckily never to the point that a surgery is necessary. But then again, I'm not an artist who needs to earn money with that arm.

But yes, seems that most rumors talk about a surgery after an infection and bleedings. Well, I wish her all the best and hope she recovers fully from it. No need to rush back into manga business :)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: D.Gray-Man Hiatus?

Yep I read it too she is coming back in april

first her neck then a wrist injury. Now keep yourself good, finally - it may take some time - but there's good news

Gekkani

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Poor Hoshino, intestinal bleeding, a neck injury, a wrist injury. It's like someone has it out for her.

But yeah, tis true, the manga should be back in a few months once her wrist has healed.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Wasn't the wrist injury the reason for a PREVIOUS hiatus?

It was never stated in WSJ. I won't believe anything that doesn't come from there.

And come on, guys. How could she injure her wrist while taking a break from drawing? :notrust

Status
Not open for further replies.