The Eagle Thread

Eagle

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
422
Reaction score
1,963
Gender
Male
Country
France
Xophien said:
Eagle> Lyonnais, et fan de l'OL ? Est-ce que c'est pas un peu énervant de les voir gagner tous leurs matches à force ? :p
Je suis pas Lyonnais au départ, mais depuis que j'y habite, je suis obligé d'être fan de l'OL ! Je ne me lasse pas de les voir jouer ;)

Xophien said:
Have you ever read Eyeshield 21 ?
Never... I'm not sure to be interested with the story.

Xophien said:
Are you happy that more and more mangas are released in France, or do you fear that it's becoming a bit too much and consumers won't be able to follow?
I'm not happy, and consumers won't follow for sure... Publishers keep bringing new mangas every month... I think it's too fast for the french people. On a side they say that japanese anime are too violent, on the other side they want us to buy more and more manga ¿^_^ I don't talk about the commercials about this... because there are not.
Also, a real mangas fan have to be rich nowadays...
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,656
Reaction score
3,871
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
France
Eagle said:
Never... I'm not sure to be interested with the story.
You would be :amuse It's really, really great, not only as a sports manga, but as a shounen as well. Believe me, us stéphanois know more than you lyonnais when it comes to sports :D

Eagle said:
I'm not happy, and consumers won't follow for sure... Publishers keep bringing new mangas every month... I think it's too fast for the french people. On a side they say that japanese anime are too violent, on the other side they want us to buy more and more manga ¿^_^ I don't talk about the commercials about this... because there are not.
Also, a real mangas fan have to be rich nowadays...
Then we have the same opinion. The publishers seem to forget that mangas are first and foremost sold to the student part of the population, meaning the one that has the least money. As a student, I must work part-time in order to keep buying my monthly share of mangas, and I still had to stop buying of lot of series... I really fear some publishers will go bankrupt at this rate, which would be bad since most of them have at least one really interesting series.
 

kyubisharingan

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2,647
Reaction score
103
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
aww the french people are lucky. The U.S. should atleast be at the Sasuke going to the dark side...but no, the U.S. is slow. when did Naruto get released in France?
 

Eagle

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
422
Reaction score
1,963
Gender
Male
Country
France
九尾写輪眼 said:
aww the french people are lucky. The U.S. should atleast be at the Sasuke going to the dark side...but no, the U.S. is slow. when did Naruto get released in France?
The first volume was released march 2002.

Xophien said:
You would be :amuse It's really, really great, not only as a sports manga, but as a shounen as well. Believe me, us stéphanois know more than you lyonnais when it comes to sports :D
Hey^^ I won't enter in your game ;) Anyway, I love sports...except boxing and American Football ^^ That's why I never started ES21.
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,656
Reaction score
3,871
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
France
Eagle said:
Hey^^ I won't enter in your game ;)
Aww, too bad :amuse But you're right, neighbors should behave :)

Eagle said:
Anyway, I love sports...except boxing and American Football ^^ That's why I never started ES21.
Actually, a good part of ES21 readers hate American Football, like myself. You should really give it a try, if you like One Piece more than Naruto, then I can assure you that you'll like ES21 more than Naruto too :thumbs
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,235
Reaction score
1,272
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, ES21 is really more about the characters than the sport itself. Though it teaches you the basics of the sport, you could replace it with any other sport and have the same characters and it'd still be great. (Especially with Hiruma being the leader.)

Actually, when I first read ES21, I was initially dismayed because it didn't seem to represent American football very well at first, but it grew on me :amuse
 
Top