The Eagle Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Eagle Thread

Eagle

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
What ? Am I the only International Translator with no thread ? :blink

Okay... now it's done ! :amuse

I'm Eagle, a Japanese to French translator for Naruto, and leader of Japflap.
(I can also translate in English, but I've heard some people can do it better than me ¿^_^)
(Speaking of it, if you're a 'freelance' Japanese to English translator, we need you in Japflap !)

Those who had a look to the Japflap thread (Here) may already know me, but any questions will be answered.

Well, I thinnk I should gice me some informations on me :

...French
...Old
...Tall
...Blue Eyes
...Naruto, One Piece, Bleach...

Want to know more ? click on 'reply' now :tem

Voilà.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Holy mosey, Eagle!

Another thread! XD

What's the most fun place you've been to in France?

What's your favorite food?

If you had the choice of cosplaying any character in the Naruto series, who would it be?

How do I say "great work!" in French?

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Gold Knight said:
Holy mosey, Eagle!

Another thread! XD
Yeaahhh !!!

Gold Knight said:
What's the most fun place you've been to in France?
Hmm...fun you said... There are so many places in France where I had fun ! Paris of course, but I would say that my town (Lyon) is really fun ! Beautiful, many things to see, and a great soccer team XD

Gold Knight said:
What's your favorite food?
Yakitori for ever ! I like everything here in France, but Yakitori... ***boom***

Gold Knight said:
If you had the choice of cosplaying any character in the Naruto series, who would it be?
I thought many times about this... Kakashi is a good choice ! or anyone else tall... like Hidan or Chiriku... maybe Jiraiya ^^

Gold Knight said:
How do I say "great work!" in French?
"Beau travail" for example. This is not the only way ^^

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Bon jour, Eagle. Je m'apelle WinterLion. (I think I said that right(?))

My knowledge of French consists of what I learned in middle/high school and still have managed to retain somewhat. :p

I may take you up on the offer to swing by Japflap... if I can clear some of these other projects off my plate. :sweat

Okay, since this is an Ask Me (I mean ask you) thread, a few q's...

How French is "French"? Are both your parents French? What about your grandparents?

How old is "Old"?

How tall is "Tall"?

What color blue is "Blue eyes"? Would you care to share a pic for proof? :D

Which one do you like to most, "Naruto, One Piece, Bleach"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist doing that. :fan

Now for a few original q's...
Who's your favorite Naruto pairing? Bleach?

When did you start reading manga?

Do you watch any anime? If yes, what?

What's your all time favorite manga/anime?

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
WinterLion said:
Bon jour, Eagle. Je m'apelle WinterLion. (I think I said that right(?))
Bonjour WinterLion, tu parles très bien français :amuse

WinterLion said:
My knowledge of French consists of what I learned in middle/high school and still have managed to retain somewhat. :p

I may take you up on the offer to swing by Japflap... if I can clear some of these other projects off my plate. :sweat
If you want to help Japflap in anyway, I would be soooo~~ happy :smile-big

WinterLion said:
Okay, since this is an Ask Me (I mean ask you) thread, a few q's...
I'm ready !

WinterLion said:
How French is "French"? Are both your parents French? What about your grandparents?
I'm French, born in France, living in France, French parents and grandparents. I'm FF :amuse (not Final Fantasy, but Full French)

WinterLion said:
How old is "Old"?
I'm 30 years old But I look younger

WinterLion said:
How tall is "Tall"?
193cm.

WinterLion said:
What color blue is "Blue eyes"? Would you care to share a pic for proof? :D
My eyes are blue, a very nice blue I think. I won't show any picture, I don't want to scare you ¿^_^

WinterLion said:
Which one do you like to most, "Naruto, One Piece, Bleach"?
Sorry, I couldn't resist doing that. :fan
1. One Piece <- By Far !!!
2. Naruto
3. Bleach

WinterLion said:
Now for a few original q's...
Who's your favorite Naruto pairing? Bleach?
- Naruto : hmmm.... Tenten & Neji or Shikamaru & Temari ^^ Some romance here... I hope !
- Bleach : Renji & Rukia, I love their relationship.

WinterLion said:
When did you start reading manga?
I started when I was 10 years old... than means 20 years ago... I was reading 'Saint Seiya' & 'Hokuto no Ken' before they were on anime.

WinterLion said:
Do you watch any anime? If yes, what?
I used to watxh a lot, but someone stole me Time... I don't have time now for watching anime, except Naruto, Bleach & One Piece. Also, I love to watch any animation anime (Pixar & Dreamworks, ...) and Ghibli stuff. I've already finished watching some anime like 'Hikaru no go'; 'kenshin', 'Dragon Ball Saga', 'Chrno Crusade', 'FMA', 'Hellsing', etc.

WinterLion said:
What's your all time favorite manga/anime?
Some years ago I would have hesitated between Saint Seiya & Dragon Ball. Now, my vote goes to ONE PIECE without hesitation ^^

Thank you for your questions !

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm surprised, Eagle. I didn't know you were such an OP fan. Why doesn't Japflap scanlate OP as well?

Also, are the wedding plans going well? ^^

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Gold Knight said:
It seems Congratulations are in order. Who's the lucky lady? :D

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Gold Knight said:
I'm surprised, Eagle. I didn't know you were such an OP fan. Why doesn't Japflap scanlate OP as well?
One Piece is the first manga that brought me so much emotions... tears...laughter... The world "Oda" created is totally crazy ! There are so many reasons why I love One Piece.

Japflap does not scanlate One Piece because we're scanning Naruto ^^ More serious, there are great teams already, and I really don't have time to manage another project.

Gold Knight said:
There going slowly ^^ We've going a whole year in front of us to set up everything^, I'm not worried yet.
Thanks for asking ;)

WinterLion said:
It seems Congratulations are in order. Who's the lucky lady?
Thanks, but I can't tell you now, sorry ^^ Some people know her here, and I don't want to compromise her ¿^_^

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Eagle said:
Thanks, but I can't tell you now, sorry ^^ Some people know her here, and I don't want to compromise her ¿^_^
Okay, but congratulations to you both. ;)

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
eagle-taichou, ur not old. hmm....alot of my questions have already been asked (kuso!)

ah wait, how much japanese do u know? im also still learning....but just enough to get me through a conversation^^

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
九尾写輪眼 said:
eagle-taichou, ur not old. hmm....alot of my questions have already been asked (kuso!)

ah wait, how much japanese do u know? im also still learning....but just enough to get me through a conversation^^
I know enough to read/understand/translate a manga ^_^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
How you doin' Eagle ^^

Hope everything's going well.

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello Eagle! I just want to say "Keep up the good work over there at Japflap :kkthumbs"

I see that you are to be wed. Congratulations! Questions? I'll get back to you later ;)

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Gold Knight said:
How you doin' Eagle ^^

Hope everything's going well.
Hey Gold Knight! I'm fine thanks! I'm working a lot on the new version of my website (in French, no time to do the English side v__v) and trying to keep up with our releases ;)

Ayah said:
Hello Eagle! I just want to say "Keep up the good work over there at Japflap :kkthumbs"

I see that you are to be wed. Congratulations! Questions? I'll get back to you later ;)
Thanks for your words ^^
Yes, while I'm very busy with Japflap, I have to take care of my job...and my wedding too ^^
I'm waiting for your questions!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Since you mention your Japflap site being primarily for French fans, I was wondering what the popularity of manga was like in your native country.

Good luck, btw, and keep the good work up ^^

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Gold Knight said:
Since you mention your Japflap site being primarily for French fans, I was wondering what the popularity of manga was like in your native country.

Good luck, btw, and keep the good work up ^^
Naruto is now broadcasted on TV since half a year, and his popularity is always growing up, it's really amazing! The latest manga volume released in France is n°27.

I think it's taking the path of DBZ ^__^

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Volume 27? :o Isn't that the last volume before Part 2? I'm surprised that France is ahead of the U.S. as far as manga releases are concerned (and I have to rely on official English language releases despite our country being nearer to Japan. That doesn't mean we cannot buy Japanese tankoubon whenever we find one.)

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Ayah said:
Volume 27? :o Isn't that the last volume before Part 2? I'm surprised that France is ahead of the U.S. as far as manga releases are concerned (and I have to rely on official English language releases despite our country being nearer to Japan. That doesn't mean we cannot buy Japanese tankoubon whenever we find one.)
You're right! It's the last volume before part 2. In fact, this volume will be available in store in 1 week. We're ahead of the U.S. ^____^
In March, we'll have the first volume of Part 2, perfect time with the beginning of "Naruto~Shippuden" anime in Japan. That's so cool!

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
At least the official French Naruto manga release only-reading community (if there were such a group) will be on par with the Japanese anime only-watching community :amuse

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
For example, the 25th volume of Naruto in France, last August, had 130.000 copies released, while the second best selling the same month, FMA only had 80.000 copies. So yeah, Naruto is really popular here, and starting to take the path of DBZ like Eagle said.

Eagle> Lyonnais, et fan de l'OL ? Est-ce que c'est pas un peu énervant de les voir gagner tous leurs matches à force ? :p

Let's continue that in english for the others :

Have you ever read Eyeshield 21 ?
Are you happy that more and more mangas are released in France, or do you fear that it's becoming a bit too much and consumers won't be able to follow?