Theory The Elf souls and rebirth

Ice King

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
One thing came to my mind:

1) In these chapters it is repeatedly stressed that the energy of the possessed is similar to that of Langris. But he was not a possessed and anyway he appeared before the rebirth.

2) From the words of the captain of the Violet Orca all those who enter the Golden Dawn develop the magic more quickly than others. And coincidentally all those seen so far of the Golden Dawn except Mimosa have been possessed.

So it is possible that the souls of the elves have been inserted previously, perhaps from William himself, in the designated bodies and have awakened only now with the spell?

mars0103

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With is a agree that could be the case.
I was thinking that we have to acknowledge that licht was marrying a royal, i believe that the bride was pregnant with twins. When William got possessed also did Acier while she was pregnant with Noelle.
I think that Acier couldn't handle the transformation and pregnant in both forms and only lasted until Noelle was born and past away.
What you think?

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
William, when he was possessed, already had the Grimoire, so he turned fifteen.

Considering that now it has 26, I would say that it happened 10 years ago, when Noelle was already born ....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
With the new chapter, new question are rise....
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I think I understand how this reincarnation works.

In practice, Licth used the spell to suppress the elves' souls, preventing them from going into the afterlife.

For unknown reasons, the soul of Patry is the only one to be finished in a human body (William) which also resembles Licth, while the others remained suspended in the air.

Patry then used the Third Eye spell to implant the souls of Liar, Fana and Vetto in similar bodies, but for the others it was necessary to use the magic stones, and the souls then occupied the most suitable bodies.

Now the question of Langris remains. These directing the figth with FInral awakens a power very similar to that of Vetto or of the other possessed, but:

1) It does not undergo physical transformations

2) It keeps its memories and its personality.

So maybe he was a failed Patry experiment?

Last edited:

eefrit

What's Up Danger
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there is more to it and we are missing some context which we, and even Patry, aren't aware of.

Licht's reincarnation spell is confirmed to have been incomplete or interrupted in some manner, which is why only Patry was reincarnated, within a body that he was not compatible with no less, why he reincarnated in Licht's form, and why everyone else didn't reincarnate at all. Something else may have been afoot at the time of the Elves' Massacre.

As for your last point, I'm not sure what you are theorizing really, but I assume you are talking about why Langis seemed to be different than Vetto's Demon and the other elves' potential demon form.

This is a crack theory, but I think that was a case of Langis' emotions synchronizing with the corrupted emotions of the elf that was asleep within him, allowing him to basically tap into that elf's corrupted mana, while keeping his own state of mind.

ikacantik

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I can believe that happened with Langris. Now the biggest question.. Is he corrupted by negative emotions of the elf? Or is he really the biggest asshole brother one can get? Because if we look closely the Reincarnation magic is Forbidden Spell that make them turn to evil incarnation. Well Licht himself is turn to Demon Elf that attack first ME..

eefrit

What's Up Danger
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thing is, we don't know if that was Licht. The Demon that the first ME fought is dead, but if it was Licht, how did recover his original body, when the Demon skeleton is still around? And it couldn't have been a compatible vessel, because the Reincarnation Spell wasn't activated yet.

The could have been something, or someone, else, while Licht's body was preserved elsewhere for Patry to find.

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ok, but the souls?
Were they already present in the bodies?

Have they been inserted later?

Because we saw Patry put the souls inside the Third Eye.

So Langris already had the elf's soul since birth or was it inserted later?

eefrit

What's Up Danger
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a good question, because both are implied.

We know Patry was with William since birth. There is also Langris, as we already know. Yuno was shown to have had gotten more powerful after entering the White Night Eye base, before the ritual was even done, so it's implied the soul was within him. There are some potential hints with Luck as well, back when they were looking to heal Asta, Luck was saying that he was "loved by mana", which was something only the elves say.

But then we do see that there were souls above the Clover Kingdom, along with the fact that Patry did insert souls into Rhya, Vetto, and Fana. Unless those souls above the village was just a visual metaphor for Patry feeling the souls of everyone.

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
At this point I imagine that reincarnation varies according to the individual and the spell.

In fact, Patry was the first to be reincarnated, but unlike others he ended up in a body that does not remember the original one, and moreover reincarnation seems different, given that he and William remain in the facts of separate persons.

For the Third Eye the spell of the Evil Eye was used, and they were all brought back to life in similar humans.

For others, however, the reincarnation is due to the complete spell with the use of magic stones and both Liar and Patry have acquired complete control over their guests.

On Langrisi, I imagine that the picture will be complete when it reappears.