The End of the Mugiwara's Adventure

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even OP has already 400+ chapters it just feels like everythings beginning...okay sounds a bit over exaggerated but I cant imagine that OP will end in the next years...at least another 400 chapters seem quite possible :D (8 years ftw >.<)

overkill

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
just a thought, since the last few posts were regarding the Shichibukai...

though in general, the bounties are similar to a "ranking" system, and can be used to determine how strong a person is, i don't think that it necessarily applies to the Shichibukai, because (1) the bounty stops after you become a Shichibukai, even though you may get stronger and (2) Shichibukai are not picked based on bounty, but based on how well they can handle other pirates.

for example, Blackbeard is currently not very well known (at the meeting where a member of his crew nominated Blackbeard for Crocidiles "seat," nobody knew who he was), and therefore would have a very low (if any) bounty. let's assume that he does kill Luffy and he gets the Shichibukai seat... then when they introduce him as a Shichibukai, it's going to say:

"Blackbeard
aka Marshall D. Teach
Shichibukai
(former bounty 0 Berries)"

so, even though Crocidile has a "low" bounty of 80 million, that does not necessarily mean that he'll lose to someone with a higher bounty.

what's my point? good question... i forgot... does this make sense? still early in the morning for me. :smile-big

spactaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It makes sense, bounty ain't strenght, luffy is always beating dudes with higher bounty than him lol. Bounty is fame (and a chocolate) that's why you can't trust the bountys, and that's why everybody judging luffy on his bounty get beaten badly!!
If luffy does somethin that never been done before, like crushing enies lobby, he can get a bounty that no one got before. A bounty that make you a dead man, and that's maybe why other pirate never did what he did, not cause they couldn't do it but because they wheren't crazy enough.

DesiSkull

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
spactaa said:
It makes sense, bounty ain't strenght, luffy is always beating dudes with higher bounty than him lol. Bounty is fame (and a chocolate) that's why you can't trust the bountys, and that's why everybody judging luffy on his bounty get beaten badly!!
If luffy does somethin that never been done before, like crushing enies lobby, he can get a bounty that no one got before. A bounty that make you a dead man, and that's maybe why other pirate never did what he did, not cause they couldn't do it but because they wheren't crazy enough.
yeh it makes sense.. and ofc he will be a deadman walkin after this EL-arc.. no matter where he goes.. marines gonna be on his ass.. tht will only make things that much more interesting.. cant wait..

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Has anybody ever wondered that perhaps the D. initial might stand for devil?

DesiSkull

Reaction score
luffy [devil] monkey nah sounds doesnt right at all. and it wont something tht obivious of thing

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Okay perhaps Mokey Devil Luffy does'nt sound right but how about Gol Devil Roger. Huh? Or Devil Ace.

hrseber

Reaction score
Country
United States
This reminds me of Trigun. Where Vash the Stampeedo (I spell it the way they pronounce it)... He had a bounty of $$60,000,000,000 and then after he blew a hole in the moon he was classified as an act of God.

I kind of like the idea of Luffy having no bounty, but just a label like "Enemy No. 1", "Destroyer of CP9", something to that extent.. also we are all off topic a bit since we are meant to be talking about the ending of the series. I realize the label thing sounds a little too close to being named Pirate King but I think that is very important.

One thing I think will definitely happen is that Luffy can not become Pirate King without losing at least one of his nakama. Just like they lost the going merry I think this will have to be an inevitable fate that we will have to accept... As for who that Nakama is, I can't guess (though most would say Ussop, I don't think so).

rennokun

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
isnt the shichibukai work for the goverment by giving govermemnt the money they stole from other pirate if so then luffy goin to have the highest bounty there is since he declare the war to all the nation. it will be exceeding 360 mil since thats the bounty of one of the shichibukai i think not sure ill go check

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Has anybody noticed that the color red might hold an importance to da D. initial. Cuz so far everybody with it has somthing red such as Gol D. Roger's cape, Luffy's red shirt and recently Saul has red hair. I don't know just something I thought of. Also anybody ever noticed Shank's full name has yet to be revealed. If he has one that is. :o

DesiSkull

Reaction score
there are 5 character with D. intials in their names.
Luffy D. Monkey
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach
Gol D. Roger
Jaguar D. Saul
Roger and Saul. one of them is speculated to be luffys grandfather

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Anyways anybody knows what Ace meant when he told Luffy when he said the next time they'll meet at the pirate's summit. Could be the last setting of One Piece. Also we have'nt seen Shanks and Whitebeard meeting. Have a feeling Shanks and Whitebeard might fight. With Shanks revealing his relationship with Treach and Ace.

(also hope VIZ does'nt change Ace's name) ha ha ha

Kank

Reaction score
mugen said:
Anyways anybody knows what Ace meant when he told Luffy when he said the next time they'll meet at the pirate's summit. Could be the last setting of One Piece. Also we have'nt seen Shanks and Whitebeard meeting. Have a feeling Shanks and Whitebeard might fight. With Shanks revealing his relationship with Treach and Ace.
I think Ace is saying "see you at the finishing line."

Also, it is under my suspicion that we'll see a deviate plan run by Blackbeard to capture Shanks, Luffy, and/or WhiteBeard. This will definitly increase his reputation to a shichibukai level that his crew is trying to reach. That'd be a full saga with that could show Whitebeard and Shank's Captain's Log.

Another saga could be the connection of will of D to the lost history of one piece. Here's where Dragon would be key.

If you count Frankie, the crew has 8 people that has room for 2 more for Luffy's target 10. Well anyway, that's my speculation of the end of the adventure.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Rather then ask how their journey ends. Who do you thik he's going to fight last The world goverment or an other pirate. and which one?

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Red is the color of leading Shonen characters that's all..

renrutal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
DesiSkull said:
there are 5 character with D. intials in their names.
Luffy D. Monkey
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach
Gol D. Roger
Jaguar D. Saul
Roger and Saul. one of them is speculated to be luffys grandfather
Just one small correction if we are going to use the surname-name system like you did in the last 4 names, then lets correct luffy's order: It's Monkey D. Luffy (or Ruffy, phonetically)

-----

Right now I'm not much interested only in Luffy's new bounty, I'd rather prefer to think about the bounty of the whole crew. I'm sure all the 8 together, Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin and Franky, can go well over half a billion berries, maybe exactly a billion.

The Billion Berry Crew would be a very nice cheesy name for the Mugiwara.

DesiSkull

Reaction score
renrutal said:
its possible. but i dont see Nami or Usopp or chopper getting big bountys. but they all have some. it should be interesting to see how much of luffy, zoro, sanji, robin, and franky gets.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
renrutal said:
That name is really suitable for the Mugiwara (it would be an astounding record though - the least crew on board but with the highest bounty in history). I believe their combined bounty will be 1 billion anyway, if not immediately after this arc. Maybe it will be at the end of OP if it's not now.

Efreet

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
the end of the mugiwara adventure will be when:

luffy gets one piece
zoro beats mihawk..

and so on....until all their dreams are completed

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
bax said:
That name is really suitable for the Mugiwara (it would be an astounding record though - the least crew on board but with the highest bounty in history). I believe their combined bounty will be 1 billion anyway, if not immediately after this arc. Maybe it will be at the end of OP if it's not now.
I don't think 1 billion worth bounties of a crew is the highest bounty.. Just think for example of Shanks' crew.. We saw when he made the first connections with WhiteBeard, he sent his new recuite, the newbie of the crew. A 96 million bounty guy.. Since he's only a newbie, I dont wanna think what's the total bounty of Shanks' huge(!) crew..