The Evil_Genius thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Evil_Genius thread

AlbatorBis

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Yemen
Hello to all of you.
Evil_Genius is the group that scanlate Berserk, Zetman, Angel Heart and NHK at the moment, and we are actually recruiting translators.
The reason I'm opening this is that there is a project, BReaction, that is lacking a japanese/english translator. I found this community to be very dedicated and open minded, and we would be happy to welcome new members. This doesn't mean, of course, that the translator will have to be dedicated to EG, he would just be in charge of Breac inside of EG (and more if he ask to! :amuse). I should say that BReac is written in typical kanjis, so it's the "harder" kind to tranlate.
If you dont know what Breac is you can find it there: http://bt.mindwerks.net/index.php (torrent) or here : http://rapidshare.de/files/10277480/BReaction_v01_c01_Evil_Genius_.rar.html (DD). I'm personally dying to see this out again.

You can get a feel of what BReac is, and if you like it come to our forums (http://forums.mindwerks.net/index.php) and PM Eldo in priority, otherwise try Laik, Psi29, myself or any other EG member.
Thanks to you all, and I hope to see you soon. If you have any other question post in here, I will check this thread regularly.
PS: I don't think I'm breaking any rules here, if I did I apologize. I think this is OK though, it's all for the good of mankind (or a small part of it).

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your post, im sure you'll find help here :)

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
It always struck me when people are so polite on an internet forum. Seriously. That really put my mood up. :thumbs
I really hope it will be like you say, that somebody will descent from the heaven and stick with us for a while. Wait and see then.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Haha, I used to translate Tenjo Tenge for you guys :p. But yeah- got too busy, and you found a new translator for that one.
As of right now I'm still quite busy so can't dedicate myself... but I'll try to help when I can...

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
Well as of now we only have a couple of raws to work with, so even if it's short lived I guess it could work. Looks like BReac raws are hard to come by. Just contact Eldo when your schedule is open enough, and he'll work out the detail with you, I guess you know the man. Glad to meet a former member, and we would be happy to welcome you back anytime.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Heh heh... knowing some of our translators here, they may be interested from the cover itself. Here it is... XD

I wish you the best of luck here :) I've read the first four chapters and B. Reaction looks like a very amusing manga, and I like the art a lot as well.

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
Heh good call, didn't think of this kind of publicity but it should work just as well :tem.
And yeah, so far the manga has been a good mix of everything, and the art is just great in my opinion.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'd suggest starting a thread in Mangaverse AND "Other Translations" forum about it as well, just to get the word out there in more ways than one. Just copy and paste if you like ( you have my permission ).

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
As you said, I opened one in "Others translations", it seems to be a better fit than Mangaverse, maybe I'll do it later. Thanks for allowing it.
On another note, we just had a batch release: 1 NHK, 4 AH and 3 Zet chapters. Hope you like it, Zetman really kicks ass and NHK is sick as ever. Enjoy.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Cool, thanks for mentioning that. Xallisto's actually keeping us up to date on Zetman RAWs, though I'm not sure about NHK and AH. Perhaps at least we'll start a Zetman subforum, though... NJT told me he loved it too and it sounds like something a lot of our members enjoy here.

Somebody told me that you guys also scanlated Full Metal Alchemist? Was he mistaken?

Also, where are you guys at as far as Berserk? Is it a monthly or weekly manga? I just started reading Berserk and was wondering about its status these days.

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
FMA was originally scanlated by us at first, then it got interrupted (along with a lot of others projects, due to real life :darn). We recently picked it up and release chap 56, but it's still in the air whether we keep it up or not. The reason why is that because others teams seems to do it so it seems like a waste, but we have people dedicated to do it, so as far as I know we're still doing it.
Zetman rocks, and it's getting better and better in my opinion even if some people seems distressed by the way the story goes right now, but I LOVE it.
Berserk...is more or less the reason EG exists, kind of. My advice: read it slow. 1st because you'll enjoy it better, second because Miura is quite fond of breaks. So it's supposed to be a bi-weekly release, but it's not unusual to see 1 or 2 months breaks. You can't blame Miura too much, the art is definitely worth the wait, abd the story is great. So right now it's chapter 270, and 271 is due next week. TO give you an idea, to know that it was a 2-weeks wait was a huge relief....

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
271 chapters! Nearly as long as Naruto.... well, I'm not sure I have the time to do anything BUT read it slow, anyway. Thanks for the advice. :)

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
Yeah but Berserk started in 1989 if my memory doesn't fail me. Naruto is what, 3-4 years-old?

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
300 Chapters 1 a week

almost 6 years

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
If anybody wants to try their skills at BReac, here is a link for the raw of the 1st chapter:
http://rapidshare.de/files/15891178/BReaction_Ch1.rar.html
If you think you can translate it, then you are the most beautiful allmighty being on earth, and you should come to EG and send a PM to Eldo to express your interest (or send him an email to eldoes@gmail.com). Thanks![br]Posted at: March 19, 2006, 08:33:06 PM_________________________________________________If this kind of double post is not allowed tell me.
We got Berserk ch271 out today, pure badass chapter.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I enjoyed Berserk 271 very much, good job Evil Genius :)

I recommend putting that BReaction RAW out in the other threads you've started, too.

I have a favor to ask - could you ask the translators you currently have to come to Mangahelpers? If we could have Berserk translation scripts each week, I would start a Berserk subforum under Seinen Manga and give your translator a board of his own where he can store all his translations.

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
You can of course open a board dedicated to Berserk discussion, but I'm pretty sure no translation will be posted here since the scanlated version get out real fast, always HQ. So if people really want the translation well it's almost faster to get the scanlated version, since we usually get it done withiun the day. I can ask him, but I wouldn't count on it. Plus, as I said before, Berserk is released errantly by the author (next release is on 3 weeks), so posting translation is great for fast paced, weekly manga, but not so for Berserk where activity will be MUCH slower (expect months without anything during the summer). If you still decide to open a board though, I'll be happy to keep it updated with the Berserk releases.

I see that you are trying to make of this site a rendez-vous point for the manga community, where resources can be freely exchanged, I like it.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
All the same, it would help to have the translator's presence here so that we might be able to ask questions, and also, so that other translators we have might be able to get input from him. :) Well, no pressure.

What about your other translators as well? The one for Zetman, etc?

And yep, you got it.

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
Well for what I've seen Mystic is now on Zetman as well.
I'm the one traanslating Angel Heart since I own the books and translate them from french (it's way ahead). NHK is from a guy that don't belong to the EG members (I have no idea why), so he looks more like a freelance translator. And so that's pretty much it. Now you understand why we are in DESPERATE need of translators. We would also like to start on the sequel of Basilisk (now that's some badass ninjas), but again we have the raws and editors but no decent translator.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
A sequel of Basilisk? :o

And hope you do find more translators :)

I think I'm going to start a Berserk board anyway since we have enough moderators to keep it up. ^_^ Feel free to announce all Evil Genius' Edited Mangas for Berserk there from now on.