The GeeKeR Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The GeeKeR Thread

GeeKeR

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys GeeKeR here. I work at #k-manga on irchighway (we're also known as kmts) and I am currently working on Change Guy in our group. I've also done some of the early Ares chaps and some Jjang as well. As you all know we translators are attention whores (at least I am) and I found this thread and was hoping all of our fans would BOW DOWN IN WORSHIP just post something about me or our group. I know our fanbase is pretty cool from the people I meet on IRC so let's now spread to the web! Thank you all.

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, Korean manga, I've had both good an bad luck diving in them. Change Guy seems like a really interesting concept, any hints on how I could find non-irc downloads?

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
manu: you can download Change Guy from:

- http://the-evil-empire.net/index.php? (need to register, downloads from different servers: Mediafire, Badongo, etc)

- http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/100 (need to register, the downloads are from Direct Link)

Both websites have all the released chapters, if you like shonen action giveChange Guy a shot, you won´t regret:)

Geeker: The mangas i read from KMTS are: Change Guy, UnbalanceXUnbalance, ID, Jjang and DollGun.
Once i tried Ares, but i couldn´t get into the art, the story looked ok.
Change Guy is my favorite one, i´m a fighting otaku so to me Change Guy is a master piece, with tons of great characters, my favorite ones by order are:
3rd - Han Kang-Ho, Kang Too-Jee, Woo So-Choi, Sa Mong-Cho, Megal Ji-Hang, Mah Kang-Chul and Han Sang-Jin
2nd - Ji Kang-Hyuk and Kwon Shin
1st - Shin Jin-Ho( he is the man:) )
I really love the concept behind the characters personallitys in contrast to Woo So-Choi´s, all of his enemies are guys who live just to fight, nothing more(Kang-Hyuk, Jin-Ho or Kang Too-Jee), and cool is seeing him finding ways to defeat such monsters.
I really like Shin Jin-Ho, he look a lot like my favorite manga character ever(Shin Seijuurou from ES21), the last chapters made me like him even more, specially chapter 312, well Geeker i´m waiting for the next two chapters, i hope we can get good news...Jin Ho-s victory:) lololol.

I made updates to the supporting characters section of Change Guy in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_Guy

Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Manga is awesome! I just read all 15 volumes on Mangatraders and I'm registering onto Evil Empire for the rest. Now I have one question that is really tweaking me out. How do you refer to the "Change Guys." By the name of their original body or their new bodies >_> I feel like I don't know how to join the conversation without knowing what the consensus is.

This manga is a lot like Bolwing King, except better. I can see why you have a huge following. I'm in love with this manga. Sorata is right to compare this to Eyeshield 21, I never thought ES21 had an equal until now. Also you're little editorial notes in the end of the chapters are very fun reads, one of my favorites being the physics lab with the pretty girl. What I wouldn't do to have another physics lab with a pretty girl in high school (not taking physics in college.)

Last edited:

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well do as you want, i normally talk about the "mind", if i say Kang Too-Jee is because i´m talking about Kang Too-Jee in Woo So-Choi´s body, but you can say the way you want, for the context we can say wich one you are talking about.
And i crack myself many time´s reading Geeker´s tranlating notes, very funny.
By the way Manu wich one is your favorite character from Change Guy?

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
(Using your naming system) Well I am rooting for Kang Too-Jee. He has to rediscover martial arts in a new body. Also he trained so hard and to lose everything he had is devastating. Woo So-Choi isn't a bad guy, quite the opposite in fact but it still doesn't change the fact that so far all the fights he's won have been due to the body he has. Well at least up to volume 15.

Again thanks a bunch Geeker for trans/editing this wonderful series.

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Thanks Geeker for chapter 315, it´s geting even more thrilling(it´s a pity Shin Jin-Ho...), i´ll patiently wait for the conclusion, once again arigatou.