The GEshode Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The GEshode Thread

GEshode

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I am a pretty new translator at the moment, so probably not many will look at this thread, but I saw this Subforum and thought I just start a thread.

To my person: I am a German student, who will make his A-Levels this year. The first manga I started to translate is K-ON!. I decided to translate it, after watching the anime. At the moment I translate from English to German, because my Japanese is not good enoguh to translate from Japanese. But I hope, that will change after I've spent next year there. We will see.

That's about everything I have to write at the moment, so if you want to ask me something, then ask, if not, then don't.^^

Greets to everyone GEshode

P.S.: Oh yeah, I wanted to have Geshode as my username, but because of a mistake it is now GEshode, but I started to like it.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'd like to ask you where do you study? :)

Also, what's the meaning of Geshode :D

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I still go to school. I come into the 13th grade, so yes I am in the "Gymnasium", you as a fellow German probably know what it is, for everyone else. It is a secondary school. And my school is in Osnabrück. The third biggest town in Niedersachsen. It is located in the Southwest of Niedersachsen.

Geshode doesn't has a meaning as far as I know. I made it up, it is just a word I use aas a nick- and gamername... Before I had Sho as my gamername, but I felt like getting a new one, soe I changed it a bit...

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
oh, you're quick! D:

So you're from Osnabrück then, ok I see. I'm from Paderborn, not that far btw

I'm also curious why you've decided to spend next year in Japane. Just because of the culture, or is it sth organized from school? :blink
Speak! xD

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My year in Japan is only organized by me, so nothing from school or any exchange program. I will go there, because of the culter and because I think, that you can really only understand people from a different country, when you have lived in the country. I noticed that after my year in the US. Moreover I hope, that my Japanese will get much better. And I also a have friend in Japan, so I will visit her then, too.

Belisar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My year in Japan is only organized by me, so nothing from school or any exchange program. I will go there, because of the culter and because I think, that you can really only understand people from a different country, when you have lived in the country. I noticed that after my year in the US. Moreover I hope, that my Japanese will get much better. And I also a have friend in Japan, so I will visit her then, too.
where do you wanna live there? and what about money?

wo willst du dort leben und von was bezahlen? solltest du die zeit nicht lieber fürs studium/ausbildung nutzen?

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I will go there on Work and Travel. It exists an association in Japan, which helps Working Holiday Makers with finding jobs and falts. So the first days I will live in a hostel until I find a job through the asssociation and then when I have a job I have money for the year. Moreover I am already saving money for it. And with out enough money I am not even getting the Working Holiday Visa, which I will need. But where exactly I will live and as what I will work. That isn't sure yet. I will see, when I get there. And I mean, when I notice, that I run out of money, I still can come back to Germany...

Belisar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
is there a possibility for you to stay in japan? and why isn't you name marked as translator? unofficial?

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You mean like forever? Or do you mean at the beginning? I am not sure waht you mean...

Belisar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
living.

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You mean somethign like a flat? As I said at the beginning I will stay in a hostel. And when I have a job I will find a flat and there are also some jobs, who have a possibility to stay. Like when you start in a hotel, that you will get a room there... But I will see all that when I am there...

Belisar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i mean, staying there and start a new life. a family, job.....
i wanted to say forever at the beginning, but it sounds like staying there and not coming back to germany anymore. that's why there is such a misunderstanding.

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I probably could, if I wanted to. I mean, it is possible to change the Working Holiday Visa to a different one, but that depends on the Japanese Immigration Bureau. But I plan on coming back to Germany, to study and all that. But maybe my plans will change. We will see...

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Did you end up going on your trip? If you did, how was it? :tem

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, I end up going on my trip and I am actually still on it. I am in Japan now since almost three months.
And I have an application running for a resort job. If I get that job, then I have a job for the next four months, so that my trip is still safe for the next months...

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Haven't been in here in ages.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I guess you finished it now. So, how was your trip?