Movies - The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! ) | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Re: The Harry Potter Thread.

Wether Dumbledore is dead or not, we have to consider that Snape is definitely holding something. Something that Dumbledore told him in the forest. To me that secret that Snape is keeping is going to be the missing peace to wether Dumbledore is really dead or if Snape is a real traitor. Personally I think Dumbledore is dead but he left a mission for Snape to do.

Anbu_BD2021

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

kadodo said:
Wether Dumbledore is dead or not, we have to consider that Snape is definitely holding something. Something that Dumbledore told him in the forest. To me that secret that Snape is keeping is going to be the missing peace to wether Dumbledore is really dead or if Snape is a real traitor. Personally I think Dumbledore is dead but he left a mission for Snape to do.
well i have to say that if DD isn't dead, harry can never fully develop as the hero of the series. he relies too much on DD as a cruch and protection and quite frankly needs to get his hands a little dirty.

As for what snape's part in the story is, who knows. personally i doubt that hes a traitor, though all evidence points to the contrary at the moment. the real question is what will his role be in the end? and how will it help to defeat voldemort (for all we know he could have been given the task of finding horcruxes to help harry along). at the very least it should be interesting...

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

Anbu_BD2021 said:
well i have to say that if DD isn't dead, harry can never fully develop as the hero of the series. he relies too much on DD as a cruch and protection and quite frankly needs to get his hands a little dirty.

As for what snape's part in the story is, who knows. personally i doubt that hes a traitor, though all evidence points to the contrary at the moment. the real question is what will his role be in the end? and how will it help to defeat voldemort (for all we know he could have been given the task of finding horcruxes to help harry along). at the very least it should be interesting...
I agree with you on that. If Dumbledore is not dead then Harry will never become strong enough to beat Voldemort.

jairdan6

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Anbu_BD2021 said:
sceptics rebutal:
1. actually it says at the end of the paragraph that he "fell slowly akcward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight." which holds to the other times the curse was used. i dont know why she used the term "blasted into the air", but would have to guess that its since hes going over the battlements hes going to be airborne.

2. theres more than one reason for snape wanting dumbledore dead, even if hes a good guy as many suspect. all that you have to do is intend to kill the victim, not hate the victim. and i would have to say that there were enough people around experienced with what the avada kedavra curse looks like to know the difference between the true thing and an immitation, i mean you're talking about a squad of deatheaters here.

3. i have no idea where your getting that his body wasn't recovered. it specifically says that harry and hagrid find his body and harry doesnt want to leave it, its also where he discovers that the locket was no an actual horcrux and the note from RAB...
1. if you fall like a rag doll then you shouldn't be "blasted into the air" right? the definition of "blasted" and "fell" are different. i don't think jk rowling would simply throw in the words blasted into air for no apparent reason. actually the spell most resembles expelliarmus.

"Both of them swung their wands above their heads and pointed them at their opponent; Snape cried: "Expelliarmus!" There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet: He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor"

"Harry made up his mind in a split second. Before Snape could take even one step toward him, he had raised his wand. "Expelliarmus!" he yelled -- except that his wasn't the only voice that shouted. There was a blast that made the door rattle on its hinges; Snape was lifted off his feet and slammed into the wall, then slid down it to the floor, a trickle of blood oozing from under his hair. He had been knocked out. Harry looked around. Both Ron and Hermione had tried to disarm Snape at exactly the same moment"

both these instances of expelliarmus show that the person is lifted from their feet, and blasted through the air. but expelliarmus is red as opposed to the green color of avada kedavra and when expelliarmus was used on dumbledore it only sent his wand flying out of his hand.

2. i said that there's a slight possibility that snape did not intend to kill the victim, not that he didn't hate the victim
jairdan6 said:
this makes it so that it's possible that Snape said the curse, but didn't really want Dumbledore to die which might mean that the curse didn't kill him.
3. meant to say the body is not seen after that moment because it's covered up. then at the funeral the body bursts into flames by itself, but that might be because it's charmed to do so? "White smoke spiraled into the air and made strange shapes: Harry thought, for one heart-stopping moment, that he saw a phoenix fly joyfully into the blue, but next second the fire had vanished." maybe it was fawkes or another phoenix in the coffin?

once again. ^all bullshit. it'd be so corny if dumbledore is alive

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

yay! i inspired some healthy debating!

it certainly seems like he is still alive... you think he made a body like kabuto would to fake his death? im not sure how id feel about him being alive. like .... someone said, harry needs him to die in order to grow... if he does survive, dumbledore better die for good in book 7.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

If Dumbledore was not dead in book 6, so I say like rabb said he will definitely die in book 7. He will probably die in the middle or early in the book because his death almost at the end will not really make Harry strong.

Anbu_BD2021

Reaction score
Country
United States

If hes not dead yet, i have lost all faith in JK as a writer, cause she cried when she wrote that passage lol, meaning that if she brought him back she didnt know it at the time or why bother crying. actually i wonder if thats 1 of the debunked rumors or not yet, cause if it is then this debate is useless haha.

edit: it HAS actually been debunked by said author, below is a list of other bunked theories.
http://www.mugglenet.com/books/futurebooks/book7/rumors.shtml

jairdan6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

alrighty then. thanks for that, now i can stop wondering. i was SURE crookshanks was an animagus -_-'

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States

Dumbledore has to die sometime or another so that Harry can start growing up and being independent. He has to stop being a cry baby who always runs to Dumbledore about everything.
The theory of Dumbledore being in hiding is very possible but not very plausible. Yes, he could have had someone from the Order helped him escape the castle and find a hiding place, but JK would simply never write that kind of stuff. It ruins the whole book. You can't just "kill" a guy and decide to bring him back to life simply he is one of the main characters who is really good. To me, it sounds like the author is uncertain about his/her decision to kill the guy in the first place. Besides, I don't see the purpose of Dumbledore surviving. Yes, he would be able to help Harry out, but that would make Harry's adventure way to easy and straight-forward. There's more chance of Harry's growth without Dumbledore around.
jairdan6 said:
alrighty then. thanks for that, now i can stop wondering. i was SURE crookshanks was an animagus -_-'
Crookshank, Hermione's cat? That idea never stuck me at all. Why did you think so?

jairdan6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

actually i was kidding, poking fun at the crookshanks is an animagus rumor that i so recently found on the website Anbu_BD2021 supplied

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States

jairdan6 said:
actually i was kidding, poking fun at the crookshanks is an animagus rumor that i so recently found on the website Anbu_BD2021 supplied
Oh. I still wonder how people can come up with that!?

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah, i announced it here and on the books thread a few pages ago. but there was a big thing about whiether its hallow, or hollow. i think they said the officail site says hallow

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. >.< I didn't jump queues to buy Harry Potter books nor did I speed to the cinema to grab a seat for the premier of the movie. To cut the story short, I'm just not an avid reader/watcher, so pardon my ignorance. I do enjoy reading the books though. However, I think they kill off Black too early. >.> I like that character.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

Yeah I think Black was killed too early too. I hope that Harry could finish up Bellatrix in the last book.

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

kadodo said:
Yeah I think Black was killed too early too. I hope that Harry could finish up Bellatrix in the last book.
I actually want someone else to finish up Bellatrix like Hermione or Ginnie

jairdan6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i actually want bellatrix to meet her demise in a car accident. let see her crucio a car

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

deathshadow25 said:
I actually want someone else to finish up Bellatrix like Hermione or Ginnie
You probably right. If The Order of Phoenix is going to become strong Hermione or Ginny might be the ones to finish the job. Harry might become too strong.

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

kadodo said:
You probably right. If The Order of Phoenix is going to become strong Hermione or Ginny might be the ones to finish the job. Harry might become too strong.
OMG are you gonna watch the 5th movie

Orosuke

Reaction score

Im not. The books are more than enough. Btw you guys heard that the title for Book 7 is out? If you heard it thats cool but its going to be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows or something. I cant remember exactly. It was on the HP official site.