The HisshouBuraiKen thread

SmallTiger

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I second that- CONGRATULATIONS! You certainly deserve a good gig with all the great translations you put out. Awesome. :)

CandySlush

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for being the best Translator for Naruto!! Miss your work! And thanks for being one of the very few that included SFXs! Damn I miss those! :amuse

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Hisshou! I'm studying Japanese and was wondering if you know any good dictionaries to use. I have the Oxford Starter dictionary, but I really want one that's more comprehensive. Do you know of any good dictionaries that would be considered more advanced?

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the thanks everyone! Remember, you can help me out by telling crunchyroll how great Eyeshield is coming out XD

CandySlush - You can still read my work by downloading JapFlap HQ scans every week :ossu

Leonsagara - To be honest, I've been using the same electronic dictionary combined with dic.yahoo.co.jp, zokugo-dict.com, google, and EDICT (jdic.com) for years. You could also try Kanji Sono Mama Rakubiki Jiten for Nintendo DS if you're looking for a cheap alternative to a dedicated electronic dict.

grayson

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hi XD
im new here so pls dont mind me >.<
ok back to business

im here to ask about the raw manga infor
i notice that some raw manga like skip beat have Hiragana beside the every Kanjn character while other manga dont
so i was wondering if anyone can explain to me why some manga has it while others dont?
And how do you tell the differences between them when you are buying it in the shop?

Im current trying to learn japanese so it would be easily if there is Hiragana beside the Kanjn character to help me read it

Is there any interesting manga that you would recommend me to read to improve my japanese?

Lsshin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
hey good to know you close by, maybe one day we could hang out? ikm from tampa an hour away from u XD, so let me know whats up, i been searching for some1 2 practice japanese with so that i could learn a bit more of it

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
No. I have long since ceased taking any requests for translations, especially of new serieses. I might translate a one-shot or silly picture if I find it sufficiently funny or clever.

In other news, I got myself set up with the hard-drive loader for Wii and god DAMN are my games loading faster now. This must've been what it was like for original Xbox owners.

Now to hack the crap out of the system menu until it's sufficiently green and black.

Last edited:

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gotta love all the requests in here. How's the anime translating gig going? You still enjoying it?

Elyon A. Luna

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Have you ever had wrist problems with the Wii... Cause I had, and I've only played twice.

Of course, I twist my fingers. A lot

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep, still enjoying it, although I'm gonna be wrapping up Eyeshield soon (hopefully before Otakon). Might have some manga stuff in the pipeline :D - stay tuned!

I have never had any problems playing Wii. No flying Wiimotes, no broken TVs, no Wii Tennis elbow, nada. My system menu has also been hacked and has a nice black theme going now.

UchihaUchiha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hisshou..they should make you a "legendary member".I only registered to thank you for your Naruto-translations:);)

unok-kun

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hisshou..they should make you a "legendary member".I only registered to thank you for your Naruto-translations:);)
If I'm not wrong (and I think I'm not) you get the "legendary member" rank when you get to 1000 posts. Hisshou isn't far from that...

Phenomenol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sup Hishou, we got some clowns claiming your trans ain't accurate..LOL!!

Last edited:

UchihaUchiha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hisshou please we need to understand the subtleties of chap 453, why are you so busy these days?:))

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I undertook a big home project (redoing a giant vaulted ceiling) that I should have hired someone to do, and it took forever, but it AND otakon are done now, so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things now :P

Khaybrother86

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your project. Though i must say that i miss your translations.

I am thankful for all that take their own time to trans, clean, scan etc but you are by far my favorite translator. If only you had the time/energy to translate all of the manga i want to read :P