The Kadodo Thread | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Kadodo Thread

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
well, i never watch it but i read it and it fill with actions the first few chapters seemed boring since the bad guys not very stand out and such.. but as it goes on.. it get better and more interesting..

The action is amazing.. and If you like berserk or perhaps FMA then you will like this..

as for the anime i figure it will suffer the same fate as all of the ongoing manga ====> FILLERS and repetitive things to fill up the 20 minutes
Well, I have not read a new manga in a while. Maybe I'll give this one a try or maybe Berserk since lots of people talk bout it as well.

Are you attending college this semester, if yes, when do you find time to study with all of these parties going on? :blink
Well, this semester I only took one class because my Financial Aid papers were turned in too late. So my class finished early since it was only for 10 weeks. I go back in January.

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Well, this semester I only took one class because my Financial Aid papers were turned in too late. So my class finished early since it was only for 10 weeks. I go back in January.
When are you graduating? :blink

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Well, I'm not sure my college is just about taking classes to prepare me for my major. I will transfer to another school afterwards.

lordHokage

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Well, I'm not sure my college is just about taking classes to prepare me for my major. I will transfer to another school afterwards.
How many more classes you have to take before you make that quantum leap? :blink

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
MERRY CHRISTMAS............... :)

Last edited:

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Thanks! I was out yesterday, so I was not able to see that. Merry Christmas to you as well!!

lordHokage

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Happy New Year, homie. :D

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Thanks, Lord Hokage. Sorry, for my late reply. I have been so busy lately and I atart school tomorrow, so that's why. How have you been?

lordHokage

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Thanks, Lord Hokage. Sorry, for my late reply. I have been so busy lately and I atart school tomorrow, so that's why. How have you been?
I wish you well in your studies and do your best. :)

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Hey, thank you very much. Not many people get lucky to have their birthday on valentine's day!

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Happy B-day and V-day... :D

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Thank you very much man!!!

JanPan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi there, kadodo.

I'm from The Netherlands and a big fan of Franco-Belgian comics, (AKA Bandes Dessinées) such as Spirou, Tintin, Gaston Lagaffe, Lucky Luke, etc.

About a year and a half ago I started Editing a French series called Violine into English, because a lot of people on English speaking imageboards were interested in the title.
The series is about a little girl with the ability to read minds who sets out on an adventure in Africa in search of her long lost father.
It's 5 albums long, and I've released the first 2 of them in English so far.

Up until now it's been a solo project. I had to do everything by myself. It was so much work that I practically gave up on it about a year ago.
Recently though, a lot of people have been asking me if the last 3 issues are ever going to be translated into English, so I've been thinking of starting the project up again.

Which brings me to the point of this post. Since doing everything by myself would just be too much work, I'm currently looking for people to help me out. In particular French to English translators.
In the past I've done the translating myself, but my knowledge of the French language is very limited, and even using my Dutch issues as a backup reference it took forever to translate 1 album.

I was hoping that you might consider helping me out on this project.

I know it isn't manga, but it's a serious project and a lot of people would like to see this series finished.

I'll expect you might want to know a little more about the Violine series, so I'm just going to link you to the full comics so you can have a look for yourself.

These are all 5 albums in French:
http://rapidshare.com/files/195152168/Violine_FR.rar

And these are the first 2 issues scanlated into English by yours truly:
http://evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/Violine_01_English.cbr
http://evilboris.sonic-cult.net/bd/Violine_02_English.cbr

(If you don't know how to open .cbr files, they're just .rar files with the file extension changed so they'll work with comic book reader software. You can just open them in WinRAR.)

I hope you're interested in helping me out with this. Please let me know. You can contact me through PM, or you can email me at jpanda at gmail dot com. I'll also be keeping an eye on this thread.

Last edited: