Freedom is a beautiful Thing | Page 50 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Freedom is a beautiful Thing

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Sup.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
@Arjuna Hey man, your thought's on the Samurai 8 debut?

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Rumiko's new series,the author of Inuyasha.

You even liked my post in that thread.
Oh now i remember,i wanted to read that one too! I'll check the Chapter out and post my thoughts into the thread later. Thanks for the Tag man!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Oh now i remember,i wanted to read that one too! I'll check the Chapter out and post my thoughts into the thread later. Thanks for the Tag man!
No problem give your thoughts.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
@Vici Hey Vici,saw you had an eye on the E3 a bit as well so i figured i'd ask if and which games might have picked your attention.:verily

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Just catched up with Ao no Flag. Stunning series, the suspense for the next chapter is killing me. :zomg

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Just catched up with Ao no Flag. Stunning series, the suspense for the next chapter is killing me. :zomg
Awesome! Glad you're liking it,it's definitely one of my favorite Monthlies at this point. Next Chapter will be pretty interesting :oooh

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Awesome! Glad you're liking it,it's definitely one of my favorite Monthlies at this point. Next Chapter will be pretty interesting :oooh
Indeed! Also it took me of surprise, I didn't expect the plot to be like that but I loved it right away ^^
Never expected to ship Ichinose and Futaba too <_> though Mita and Masumi are actually my two faves.
Can't wait for the next chapter too, the suspense about what Ichinose is going to do and if he's going to talk to Mita again is killing me.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Indeed! Also it took me of surprise, I didn't expect the plot to be like that but I loved it right away ^^
Never expected to ship Ichinose and Futaba too <_> though Mita and Masumi are actually my two faves.
Can't wait for the next chapter too, the suspense about what Ichinose is going to do and if he's going to talk to Mita again is killing me.
I love that it remains rather casual and direct despite the kind of subject/s it touches,not exactly the usual kind of Relationships that Manga of the Slice of Life/Romance genre explore. I feel like it does a good job at portraying the characters inner struggles and their interactions with another,you know they all care for each other and even if they don't feel well about some things there is always a reasoning that you can personally get behind. Not that you necessarily agree but you can always get where they come from to an extent. That's why i like it so much tbh. :verily

Ichinose,Masumi and Mami would be my favorites,although Touma and Futaba have their own strong points too. Tbh. at one point i honestly thought that Mami would develop a crush on Ichinose as well and perhaps confess to him but who knows in this manga anything seems possible. She did give him advice on his hair cut after all.:teehee

I feel like he has to look for a talk with Touma,no matter what happened,they know each other longer than anyone else in their Class and only a Talk with each other can give closure and clarification on what's coming now. Remain friends or part ways? Definitely a tight spot Ichinose's in.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I love that it remains rather casual and direct despite the kind of subject/s it touches,not exactly the usual kind of Relationships that Manga of the Slice of Life/Romance genre explore. I feel like it does a good job at portraying the characters inner struggles and their interactions with another,you know they all care for each other and even if they don't feel well about some things there is always a reasoning that you can personally get behind. Not that you necessarily agree but you can always get where they come from to an extent. That's why i like it so much tbh. :verily

Ichinose,Masumi and Mami would be my favorites,although Touma and Futaba have their own strong points too. Tbh. at one point i honestly thought that Mami would develop a crush on Ichinose as well and perhaps confess to him but who knows in this manga anything seems possible. She did give him advice on his hair cut after all.:teehee

I feel like he has to look for a talk with Touma,no matter what happened,they know each other longer than anyone else in their Class and only a Talk with each other can give closure and clarification on what's coming now. Remain friends or part ways? Definitely a tight spot Ichinose's in.
Ikr? I also love how characters are relationed with each other with more complex reasons outside of the romantic ones. Like, the romantic duos/with some romantic conflict have deeper relationships and traits. Touma not hating on Futaba and these two having a better relationship outside of that cliché is great too.

Tbh I love the dialogues in the chapters too, and how EVERY character gets to explain their persepective. Like the last few chapters of everyone debating why they're bothered by Touma's feelings for Ichinose.
And the whole Mami treatament...from my favorite things. She becomes so great. When she finds out by herself Masumi's feelings for Futaba and starts to debate/argue with her until they fight is the first time I gave up and finally started crying. :XD
That too, Mami and Futaba start like cliché charactetrs but the manga quickly develops them.

I honestly think that they will keep a distance after talking, at least for some few chapters. Both Ichinose's and Touma's character development should happen if they break the tension and move on. I remember reading some comments in the debates after the chapters saying that Ishida and Touma were close all this time because of Touma's feelings for him, since Ishida always felt different/distant from Touma despite being childhood friends; I kinda agree with it.
There are lots of fangirls too lol saying that the ending will be Ichinose x Touma but I think the manga is more complex than the ships.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Ikr? I also love how characters are relationed with each other with more complex reasons outside of the romantic ones. Like, the romantic duos/with some romantic conflict have deeper relationships and traits. Touma not hating on Futaba and these two having a better relationship outside of that cliché is great too.

Tbh I love the dialogues in the chapters too, and how EVERY character gets to explain their persepective. Like the last few chapters of everyone debating why they're bothered by Touma's feelings for Ichinose.
And the whole Mami treatament...from my favorite things. She becomes so great. When she finds out by herself Masumi's feelings for Futaba and starts to debate/argue with her until they fight is the first time I gave up and finally started crying. :XD
That too, Mami and Futaba start like cliché charactetrs but the manga quickly develops them.

I honestly think that they will keep a distance after talking, at least for some few chapters. Both Ichinose's and Touma's character development should happen if they break the tension and move on. I remember reading some comments in the debates after the chapters saying that Ishida and Touma were close all this time because of Touma's feelings for him, since Ishida always felt different/distant from Touma despite being childhood friends; I kinda agree with it.
There are lots of fangirls too lol saying that the ending will be Ichinose x Touma but I think the manga is more complex than the ships.
Yeah the Manga can put a lot of effort and focus into the Relationships and chemistry between the characters thanks to it being Monthly and the page count being around 30-50 pages at times which is great if you love reading i'd say. ;) And i get what you mean,Touma knew he had feelings outside of friendly ones for Taichi and yet he did not let it out on Futaba but remained a friend for her seemingly accepting the relationship they had.

Mami and Masumi develop so much it's crazy,Mami felt like a generic side character at first only good to be an unlikely love interest for Touma at some point but over the story she opened up to everybody and started giving the most relatable speeches i've seen in Manga so far. Like,pretty much each time she and Masumi or Taichi would talk I'd find myself thinking "I definitely get what she means,it makes sense". Masumi does make good points in their arguments too,she is usually the middle ground in these debattes. I did like Mami confronting her recently too,though Masumi's reaction was a bit of a give away at one point i felt.

I think their talk might happen soon,but i agree that they might not reach common ground afterwards. Infact i believe that Touma may not want to be friends anymore,his Brother and his wife still need to learn about what happened as well i think unless Touma actually revealed it to them which is unlikely to me given their relationship. So i'd say a couple of Chapters for them to figure out what they want and find a solution together. As for the ending i believe it'll be Taichi x Futaba but with Touma and Taichi being normal friends again,or rather,Masumi,Mami and the others are one big friend circle with them. And they all respect and accept each other the way they are. I feel like that's the message of this Manga: Acceptance of others no matter if they are "different" from us in any way or form.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah the Manga can put a lot of effort and focus into the Relationships and chemistry between the characters thanks to it being Monthly and the page count being around 30-50 pages at times which is great if you love reading i'd say. ;) And i get what you mean,Touma knew he had feelings outside of friendly ones for Taichi and yet he did not let it out on Futaba but remained a friend for her seemingly accepting the relationship they had.

Mami and Masumi develop so much it's crazy,Mami felt like a generic side character at first only good to be an unlikely love interest for Touma at some point but over the story she opened up to everybody and started giving the most relatable speeches i've seen in Manga so far. Like,pretty much each time she and Masumi or Taichi would talk I'd find myself thinking "I definitely get what she means,it makes sense". Masumi does make good points in their arguments too,she is usually the middle ground in these debattes. I did like Mami confronting her recently too,though Masumi's reaction was a bit of a give away at one point i felt.

I think their talk might happen soon,but i agree that they might not reach common ground afterwards. Infact i believe that Touma may not want to be friends anymore,his Brother and his wife still need to learn about what happened as well i think unless Touma actually revealed it to them which is unlikely to me given their relationship. So i'd say a couple of Chapters for them to figure out what they want and find a solution together. As for the ending i believe it'll be Taichi x Futaba but with Touma and Taichi being normal friends again,or rather,Masumi,Mami and the others are one big friend circle with them. And they all respect and accept each other the way they are. I feel like that's the message of this Manga: Acceptance of others no matter if they are "different" from us in any way or form.
That too. Mami showed up as your typical "bitchy" character who is only sweet/caring for the guy she likes (Touma); then the author drew her to make us believe that she was going to break Ichinose and Futaba's relationship in some way. But I loved how the author "tricked" the readers when she got an entire chapter to express herself when she was blamed on trying to ruin things on purpose. It's like you said, when I read her defending herself I thoght "wait, that makes sense". :lmao

Indeed, I believe there will be a good conclusion of everyone accepting how each other are. I remember reading some comments thinking that Ichinose is going to see Touma's feelings for him as disgusting but I don't believe that's the case. And if something like that happen, I'm sure the author will make that develop in a good way, since you're right about the message of the manga.
I also hope that Futaba and Masumi get chapters into their relationship developing, kinda like Ichinose and Touma are. After all Masumi is very conflicted about Futaba in general since she can't express her feelings. Touma's and Masumi's moments into debating with each other how they aren't and will not be accepted by everyone in general were great chapters; and it's great how both are in the same situation: in love with their best friends, who also are dating each other. But still, Masumi is very different from Touma and I feel that the author will make her face the situation in a kinda different way than Touma.

Another things I didn't say, I'm in love with the art style, is just stunning <3.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Indeed, I believe there will be a good conclusion of everyone accepting how each other are. I remember reading some comments thinking that Ichinose is going to see Touma's feelings for him as disgusting but I don't believe that's the case. And if something like that happen, I'm sure the author will make that develop in a good way, since you're right about the message of the manga.
I also hope that Futaba and Masumi get chapters into their relationship developing, kinda like Ichinose and Touma are. After all Masumi is very conflicted about Futaba in general since she can't express her feelings. Touma's and Masumi's moments into debating with each other how they aren't and will not be accepted by everyone in general were great chapters; and it's great how both are in the same situation: in love with their best friends, who also are dating each other. But still, Masumi is very different from Touma and I feel that the author will make her face the situation in a kinda different way than Touma.
While i think that Taichi won't make backflips out of joy about it but i could see him try and respect them,while he probably won't respond in kind to them with his own he could try and rebuild their friendship from that point onwards. When both know what the other thinks and feels,that's why their talk needs to happen soon-ish.

What helped Masumi a lot was her talk with Touma's sister-in law,whereas Touma hardly sought to interact with anybody although it might've helped for him to have spoken to someone who was in a similar situation. What Masumi and Touma have as a common issue is that both believe they're "different" in a general sense rather than a personal/individual one,which is why they either distance themselves or brush the possibility of others accepting them like they are off so quickly. Touma should look for a talk with his Brother,they used to have a good relationship before their parents death.:grumble

Another things I didn't say, I'm in love with the art style, is just stunning <3.
I know right? It's pretty catchy,i like it a lot too. Makes reading it a lot more fun,also has some really nicely designed Color pages and Volume Covers! :verily

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hey Seraph! Did you read the new Ao no Flag chapter? :zomg

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hey Seraph! Did you read the new Ao no Flag chapter? :zomg
I was just about to,I'll give my thoughts in a bit then! :verily
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay,i devoured this Chapter quicker than my Mom's Meat Loaf! Wow just wow,everything we expected and anticipated happened this time or is about to...incredible,genuinely incredible for me. :gwah

It was definitely necessary for Taichi and Futaba to talk about the recent events,even if what we got so far was rather scarce i think we're about to get more on it next time. I also liked that Mami came to talk with her and she reunited with Masumi at the Train Station,hope things get out in the open between them soon as well so their friendship can grow and mature even more. And most importantly recover from all the recent events. :(

Taichi and Futaba had a bit of a brief conversation but it was obvious that Taichi has no idea what he should do and the situation is too much on his consciousness,telling his Girlfriend the truth was very important i felt like given what's at stake here for them both. They technically only have each other right now to rely on in this situation given Touma and Masumi's recent actions,well themselves and Mami i guess haha. She really is an Ally to both at this point. Good for them.:) The moment Taichi asked her why she loves him though...:nerd

Touma getting a talk with his Brother could go both ways i feel like,i mean, he dislikes his brother strongly(That Glare...jesus that was cold as ice.) So he either breaks and confesses everything to his Bro and just has a good cry out here or he lets him stand there and goes to his room. He could need a bit of a talk tbh. he is the Centre of everything right now.:verily

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Okay,i devoured this Chapter quicker than my Mom's Meat Loaf! Wow just wow,everything we expected and anticipated happened this time or is about to...incredible,genuinely incredible for me. :gwah

It was definitely necessary for Taichi and Futaba to talk about the recent events,even if what we got so far was rather scarce i think we're about to get more on it next time. I also liked that Mami came to talk with her and she reunited with Masumi at the Train Station,hope things get out in the open between them soon as well so their friendship can grow and mature even more. And most importantly recover from all the recent events. :(

Taichi and Futaba had a bit of a brief conversation but it was obvious that Taichi has no idea what he should do and the situation is too much on his consciousness,telling his Girlfriend the truth was very important i felt like given what's at stake here for them both. They technically only have each other right now to rely on in this situation given Touma and Masumi's recent actions,well themselves and Mami i guess haha. She really is an Ally to both at this point. Good for them.:) The moment Taichi asked her why she loves him though...:nerd

Touma getting a talk with his Brother could go both ways i feel like,i mean, he dislikes his brother strongly(That Glare...jesus that was cold as ice.) So he either breaks and confesses everything to his Bro and just has a good cry out here or he lets him stand there and goes to his room. He could need a bit of a talk tbh. he is the Centre of everything right now.:verily
I know right? I was surprised that we got a big part of resolution in one chapter.
This was also an unexpected "sweet" one, I was holding my breath in the whole conversation between Tachi and Futaba :XD was scared of a "break up" or some sad words between them. But I'm definetly liking their relationship more with this :nod it's good to see that it's so healthy and that they slowly grow into a more mature way to relation, I'm honestly roting for them to be in good terms.

I'm sure that the next chapter will be far more tense though :worrybunny Touma and his brother's scenes were always hard, but I hope it's screentime for Touma and to defend himself; I totally loved Futaba in this chapters and I hope we get to see more of Touma's mind now and please give more chapters about Masumi being the center.
Tbh we still need to see Touma and Tachi talking again!

Btw, I was about to start a thread discussion for the manga, what do you think?

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I know right? I was surprised that we got a big part of resolution in one chapter.
This was also an unexpected "sweet" one, I was holding my breath in the whole conversation between Tachi and Futaba :XD was scared of a "break up" or some sad words between them. But I'm definetly liking their relationship more with this :nod it's good to see that it's so healthy and that they slowly grow into a more mature way to relation, I'm honestly roting for them to be in good terms.
Yeah with Taichi's Pen spinning and the awkward silence between them i felt like things were about to get gloomy and sad but surprisingly it took a turn for the better. I was also a bit surprised by why Taichi gave up his Dream of running a Toy Store to be honest,he always gave a shy vibe but i never took him for the kind of guy that would let his future be influenced by it. I mean things could change at some point,especially since he has a Girlfriend now and all.

I'm sure that the next chapter will be far more tense though :worrybunny Touma and his brother's scenes were always hard, but I hope it's screentime for Touma and to defend himself; I totally loved Futaba in this chapters and I hope we get to see more of Touma's mind now and please give more chapters about Masumi being the center.
Tbh we still need to see Touma and Tachi talking again!
I wonder if his Brother actually knows what happened in School and why Touma isn't attending class at the moment? He just called him "Bad Boy" and said he wanted to vent his frustration on his friends,but does he know why? Felt like it,really hope they get to the bottom of it and it doesn't end in both screaming at another again lol.

Masumi's next appearance should be nice too i think,she owes Futaba an explanation i'd say. Or a straight confession? I'm fine with both tbh.

Btw, I was about to start a thread discussion for the manga, what do you think?
I'm not sure if it's popular enough here on MH,since it has 40+ Chapters but no own Thread makes me think like that. And i think Threads and Sections are geared towards Activity? Would have to ask to be sure,but so far it would only be me and you reading it i think,although who knows others might join in.