Happy birthday Sam and xad

Charlie

Mh's Pappi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whos this Sam I am?
And Tom were you blinded by the lights for the celebrations?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Meanwhile in 2021 took cha 6 tries of adding a tempered glass screen protector on my new phone 📱... easy process my arse.

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
I actually saw @Moegara rock a cool Yakuza avatar for like a day, then checked the source and found this.
Stalking, it seems to me.
I noticed black lightning boi looking rly good as well. Congratz.

@Charlie you put it?? Never had the urgence to do that, but sounds difficult, not bad mate.

Happy Bday @Xadyu hoping you had time to do what you like xD

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Whos this Sam I am?
And Tom were you blinded by the lights for the celebrations?
Unfortunaly no, but I like this cover (and the girl :hurr )

Happy Bday @Xadyu hoping you had time to do what you like xD
We did absolutely fucking nothing. Which is great in itself, but this year was kinda off for many reasons, like COVID, e.g.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The pirated ver. I played was a really old as version as well lol

@Totinona would you like to play? Is there any modpack that you'd like to try? Or we could also play the vanilla version of the game.

Wait, you bought it?!
I thought you also played it on your phone.

Isn't Cyberpunk riddled with bugs and glitches?

I on the other hand would have to be productive on both recording game footage and editing them...

Editing is so freakin' hard.

Me and my highschool friend/classmate who's a CPA is trying to monetize a youtube channel.

The first day that we were supposed to record was also the wedding day of her ex-girlfriend; (of ~7 years), a highschool classmate of ours. She cheated on him.(It's just a coincidence though, we weren't aware that she was getting married that day lol)

We're currently playing/recording games on PS4.

A lot of the games are shooter campaign, which I really suck at :fail :lmao (but then again I suck games in general)
So yeah it's more of a comedic gameplay channel not a walkthrough/speedrun/guides one.

It seems the most important things are still coming up with a click baity title and click baity thumbnail, avoid getting demonitized, and attracting viewers from overseas since local ad sense/bidding pays too low...
Finding a sponsor is probably hard. Raid Shadow Legends where you at? :lmao

Hope we manage to monetize it so I could earn some dough albeit a small amount. I don't want to force myself to find a minimum wage paying job again...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Kiki @MarmaladeSky @Evil3ye @revo

would you like to join the stardew server?

@Jammin @riki @Gryffindor @Juviii Do you reckon you'd be interested on playing on a multiplayer MH/Fun Forum stardew server?
I'm not much of a gamer.

Oh, happy bday @Xadyu

Charlie

Mh's Pappi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Stalking, it seems to me.
I noticed black lightning boi looking rly good as well. Congratz.

@Charlie you put it?? Never had the urgence to do that, but sounds difficult, not bad mate.
Yeah got it done finally because I'm always moving about for work there's a high chance for slippage so a good case with a phat lip and screen protector is always a must. 💯❣

Unfortunaly no, but I like this cover (and the girl :hurr )

We did absolutely fucking nothing. Which is great in itself, but this year was kinda off for many reasons, like COVID, e.g.
Well always thought you had good taste.

:hi Good morning peoples. Editing on a mobile in 2021....:nah

Faust

Artist
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Happy Birthday @Xadyu (Jan 2nd?)

You and Naoki Urasawa have the same birthday.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
There's so much other good stuff to play that I reckon waiting (till bugs are ironed out/stuff is fixed/added) is probably a good idea

Like I am doing for Baldur's - there's nothing to be lost by a little wait (and these kinda games are the ones where the first playthrough is often the most memorable/the best)

As an aside bene - any good cyberpunk-esque books you can recommend?

Done Neuromancer and Snow Crash

Sometimes people say Neuromancer and they refer to the entire Sprawl Trilogy and not just the book 1, so where do you stand? The rest of the trilogy is pretty good
I would suggest Takeshi Kovacs trilogy, Altered Cabon, etc...try that, whatever your opinions on the show may be...I didn't like the show at all, but the books are among my favourites of all time...Altered Carbon is very cyberpunk-y, thematically similar to Gibson's stuff

Reactions: z.5

z.5

Pleased, but sticky
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Sometimes people say Neuromancer and they refer to the entire Sprawl Trilogy and not just the book 1, so where do you stand? The rest of the trilogy is pretty good
I would suggest Takeshi Kovacs trilogy, Altered Cabon, etc...try that, whatever your opinions on the show may be...I didn't like the show at all, but the books are among my favourites of all time...Altered Carbon is very cyberpunk-y, thematically similar to Gibson's stuff
Just the one book by that same name
Not touched any more of the series

And I watched season 1 of Altered Carbon and thought it wasn't that engaging (the acting was pretty poor and made all the characters seem rather irritating) - not read the book, but if you think it's better, then perhaps I'll give it a go
:verily

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Just the one book by that same name
Not touched any more of the series

And I watched season 1 of Altered Carbon and thought it wasn't that engaging (the acting was pretty poor and made all the characters seem rather irritating) - not read the book, but if you think it's better, then perhaps I'll give it a go
:verily
There you go then, you have at least 5 books :D

I think the books are a LOT better...I agree with you about the show and in addition to that, the Meths in the book are a bit different, the story is different (in many key points, actually) and an Envoy's abilities are a lot more impressive when it's written down, the whole Envoy Intuition thing and total recall is pretty awesome in the books

• Hug

z.5

Pleased, but sticky
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Thanks for the recommends bud
Am currently midway through my re-reading of the Dune series, but once I'm done with that then I was considering something cyberpunky (due, almost entirely, to the game :invalid )

I did like the idea of Altered Carbon, so I'll probably start with that, before I tackle the Neuromancer series (I would want to re-read the first book, before I read the rest, to remind myself of it all [it's been a long while since I read Neuromancer]. Probably be more fun to start something completely fresh)

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Thanks for the recommends bud
Am currently midway through my re-reading of the Dune series, but once I'm done with that then I was considering something cyberpunky (due, almost entirely, to the game :invalid )

I did like the idea of Altered Carbon, so I'll probably start with that, before I tackle the Neuromancer series (I would want to re-read the first book, before I read the rest, to remind myself of it all [it's been a long while since I read Neuromancer]. Probably be more fun to start something completely fresh)
No problem \o/

The main series? Or are you in for the prequels and everything? Back when I read Dune I did it in chronological order and it was an interesting journey, very Bell curve like :D

I'm finishing up The Expanse series, so if we're talking sci-fi recs, that's up there too...if you like a bit more philosophical read, then Steven Erikson's Rejoice novel is a very good first contact novel, and Three Body Problem is pretty good as well

I love the idea behind Altered Carbon as well :zomg ...transfer of consciousness is a lot cooler means of travel than spaceships and it shapes the tech and world in a totally different way...it was one of the first things that got me hooked...also me being Hungarian and loving Japanese culture and Takeshi being half Hungarian half Japanese is not a coincidence, either :p

z.5

Pleased, but sticky
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The main series? Or are you in for the prequels and everything? Back when I read Dune I did it in chronological order and it was an interesting journey, very Bell curve like :D
Just aiming to read the 6 (that's plenty tbh, considering how slowly I am getting through them)

And The Expanse was good - though I did find the Persepolis Rising and Tiamat's Wrath a lot less well-written than the others
I was actually recently lent a free copy of The Three-Body Problem, though Lord knows where I've put that book (things have a habit of getting 'tidied away' in this house...)

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Just aiming to read the 6 (that's plenty tbh, considering how slowly I am getting through them)

And The Expanse was good - though I did find the Persepolis Rising and Tiamat's Wrath a lot less well-written than the others
I was actually recently lent a free copy of The Three-Body Problem, though Lord knows where I've put that book (things have a habit of getting 'tidied away' in this house...)
Agreed again, Persepolis Rising is a bit chaotic...I'm still halfway through Tiamat's Wrath, but it's still in a setup phase...I think Nemesis Games is the best...only 4 point of view characters, good peaks in the story and tight writing due to limited POV characters

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
"Badassgamez" A streamer and a Youtuber who is famous amongst Tomb Raider fans is disappeared all sudden, I just realized his disappearance when i didn't find his discord today, Apparently he deleted all his social media accounts, He has 10 years worth of content on youtube that he deleted with millions of views. He also deleted his Twitter and FB along with his discord, He had so much success and everything was going well. His twitch is still there tho. I think he is either committed suicide or got hacked but if he got hacked why would he didn't say anything about it for a month now, I hope he is well and fine. I liked his commentary and the challengers that he was doing. Idk why i feel sad, I wasn't that much of fan myself but yeah i guess i view him as a fellow gamer that had great passion for tomb raider games like me.

Charlie

Mh's Pappi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully he's okay 👌.

So my new phone has 5g.
But I don't see any difference between 4g and 5g.....

Well besides the regular G @gnut. :nod

Status
Not open for further replies.