The Last Person to Post Wins - Kimchi | Page 59 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Last Person to Post Wins - Kimchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker

The greatest news to me in 2021 so far.

Bring back David Tennant.

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I still have to see her seasons (and the last of Capaldi). Was she not any good?

So far I liked all of them, though Tennant is arguably the best.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sadly no one was good as the 1st guy.
Only he was able to become the highlander, master of all space n time.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I’ve checked a few episodes of Jodie’s and I don’t think she’s bad at all. The companions were fucking dreadful though, as was the writing. If anything, she was the nearest to saving grace of the eps I watched.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sadly no one was good as the 1st guy.
Only he was able to become the highlander, master of all space n time.
Damn Charles, I agree with you completely!

Wellps!
:awe
Need to jump back to bed.

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Damn Charles, I agree with you completely!

Wellps!
:awe
Need to jump back to bed.
I would like to concur, but have not watched Dr. Who :amuse

Man, started reading Dr. Stone (mastermind behind the schemes started in Brazil btw xd) and ended watching videos of jiggers, callouses, ulcers and blackheads. Such trip jahahah.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It's not about the acting to me or the writing, When i love a series, I love it with it's ups and downs, The 13th doctor being a female was forced and serving feminists agenda. I like female leads when it's not forced, This show had a male lead for 53 years plus, His title is "Time Lord" for a reason. Simply pulling a female doctor out of no where is just forced and disgusting. I will be forever against it.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It's not about the acting to me or the writing, When i love a series, I love it with it's ups and downs, The 13th doctor being a female was forced and serving feminists agenda. I like female leads when it's not forced, This show had a male lead for 53 years plus, His title is "Time Lord" for a reason. Simply pulling a female doctor out of no where is just forced and disgusting. I will be forever against it.
"feminist agenda" never gets old :rofl

Lord has been universal for ages now, not gender specific. Indeed, this iconic sci-fi show has been around half a century, first female Doctor appears and people lose their shit. It's pathetic. Since the Doctor is a constantly resurrecting ancient being, it makes sense that at sometime they would be female. Why wouldn't it?

My problems with the new doctor, is the writing rather than a character being a woman. I have only seen like 1 episode and some clips though.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
And also all things considered it's actually strange the doctor hasn't incarnated into girl or non-human forms previously

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
"feminist agenda" never gets old :rofl

Lord has been universal for ages now, not gender specific. Indeed, this iconic sci-fi show has been around half a century, first female Doctor appears and people lose their shit. It's pathetic. Since the Doctor is a constantly resurrecting ancient being, it makes sense that at sometime they would be female. Why wouldn't it?

My problems with the new doctor, is the writing rather than a character being a woman. I have only seen like 1 episode and some clips though.
Idk about it being universal, I just google and it's said it's not longer universal and the opposite for it is "Lady"

Why people are against it and losing their shit over it? my guess is because they grow up watching that show that had a time lord constantly changing from male to male, Gender can be an important bonding tool with the character and the viewer bond. People loved it the way it is.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
He looks young, RIP

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Idk about it being universal, I just google and it's said it's not longer universal and the opposite for it is "Lady"

Why people are against it and losing their shit over it? my guess is because they grow up watching that show that had a time lord constantly changing from male to male, Gender can be an important bonding tool with the character and the viewer bond. People loved it the way it is.
My first google result says the exact opposite: The appellation "lord" is primarily applied to men, while for women the appellation "lady" is used.[citation needed] This is no longer universal: the Lord of Mann, a title held by the Queen of the United Kingdom, and female Lords Mayor are examples of women who are styled as "Lord".[citation needed]

Also, why should the entity be restricted by it's given title and name? Might as well be Time Lady if you feel like it.

Yes, it's good that there are characters for people of all sex and gender. So why not a fucking one female Doctor among like what, 13 or 14 now? Besides, as said, Doctor is a resurrecting space alien. Not a man or a woman. Makes sense they would take a female form once now and then. Also makes sense that anyone identifying with a space alien really shouldn't care about the characters gender.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For real? Damn, R.I.P.
Yeah. At 41-years-old. No details yet on cause of death, but apparently "long term health issues".

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
My first google result says the exact opposite: The appellation "lord" is primarily applied to men, while for women the appellation "lady" is used.[citation needed] This is no longer universal: the Lord of Mann, a title held by the Queen of the United Kingdom, and female Lords Mayor are examples of women who are styled as "Lord".[citation needed]

Also, why should the entity be restricted by it's given title and name? Might as well be Time Lady if you feel like it.

Yes, it's good that there are characters for people of all sex and gender. So why not a fucking one female Doctor among like what, 13 or 14 now? Besides, as said, Doctor is a resurrecting space alien. Not a man or a woman. Makes sense they would take a female form once now and then. Also makes sense that anyone identifying with a space alien really shouldn't care about the characters gender.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah. At 41-years-old. No details yet on cause of death, but apparently "long term health issues".
Lord has been universal for ages now

You said "Lord" has been universal for ages, while this wiki definition says it's no longer universal. So i get that it was used for both men and women but now it's different and exact opposite of what you said. Its clearly says it's not universal. I don't know honestly but that what i understood from it. Regardless genders exists in Doctor who tho despite being not human, There are time ladies and time lords. like in City of Death and Dark Water series. It's an established facts as far as i know.

So it doesn't make sense being a female for a male role, Moreover, Being the main character differs from being a side character and people create bonds with the MC . Personally i don't care about side characters for the most part unless they are really good.

IMO, A compromise should have done to please everyone, like Why not share the role, like having a time lord and a time lady at the same time. Or a separated spinoff or something. I would accepted that easily. Simply what happened is forced, whether you agreed or not.

That being said, I'm not anti female lead, I'm a big fan of tomb raider because it has one of the very earlier female lead. Nature and unforced.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
You said "Lord" has been universal for ages, while this wiki definition says it's no longer universal. So i get that it was used for both men and women but now it's different and exact opposite of what you said. Its clearly says it's not universal. I don't know honestly but that what i understood from it. Regardless genders exists in Doctor who tho despite being not human, There are time ladies and time lords. like in City of Death and Dark Water series. It's an established facts as far as i know.

So it doesn't make sense being a female for a male role, Moreover, Being the main character differs from being a side character and people create bonds with the MC . Personally i don't care about side characters for the most part unless they are really good.

IMO, A compromise should have done to please everyone, like Why not share the role, like having a time lord and a time lady at the same time. Or a separated spinoff or something. I would accepted that easily. Simply what happened is forced, whether you agreed or not.

That being said, I'm not anti female lead, I'm a big fan of tomb raider because it has one of the very earlier female lead. Nature and unforced.
Actuallly that is all wrong, maybe because you don't do english all that well. First sentence: Usually Lord is Man, Lady is Woman. Second sentence: This is no longer universal, because example A. The second sentence refer to the first sentence, claiming that the "usual" isn't universal anymore.

Besides you are making a huge gender determined thing about a title. Titles change. The point isn't if someone is a king, a emperor, a duchess or whatever. The point it that it is just something that indicates status of power and importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.