The Last Person to Post Wins - Zlatorog | Page 67 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Last Person to Post Wins - Zlatorog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Spain might go thorough major political quakes also due to Catalonia striving for independence.

Come to Finland. You'll never need to worry about the baby getting sunburnt. Or about seeing sun in the first place. And Donald Trump approved raking in the forests, lack of which according to him is the reason for forest fires.

Though seems like our next PM will also be a far-right nut, officially convicted once for racist hate speech.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
The whole idea is still vague, tbh. I can need to solve some things here before I can move, and I have no way of knowing how much time that would take. Scav keeps telling me to apply for a canadian visa already, but in my head the specific location would depend on where it would be more likely for me to get a job. I can request one thru their governments website and hope for the best, or use my savings to go as a student and get a work visa after 2y there (but that one doesn't sound doable for me). I just know I'd rather move to an english speaking place, in the south ('cause oh God, the ice...) and prolly live in the outskirts of a bigger region.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
To me the extreme west or east of canada always seemed the most interesting, but I think somewhere like Vancouver has crazy high real estate prices.

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I just know I'd rather move to an english speaking place, in the south ('cause oh God, the ice...) and prolly live in the outskirts of a bigger region.
Sorry to break it to you Farf but the south still gets snow and ice :grin Considering what you want though, British Columbia sounds like the best place for you (english and less snow/ice than the other provinces). The only problem, as xi0 said, is that Vancouver (British Columbia) is the most expensive city in Canada (with Toronto) and most of the population there is based around Vancouver.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blah, I had to help break up a fight while on recess duty :fail

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Spain might go thorough major political quakes also due to Catalonia striving for independence.

Come to Finland. You'll never need to worry about the baby getting sunburnt. Or about seeing sun in the first place. And Donald Trump approved raking in the forests, lack of which according to him is the reason for forest fires.

Though seems like our next PM will also be a far-right nut, officially convicted once for racist hate speech.
I feel ya man, I was "glad" that our major far-right party (with higher-ups having been filmed calling people "dirty little whore" and threaten/beat people with iron bars etc unprovoked, plus hate speech incidents in general) weren't as big as expected in the latest election ("only 17% which is still way too high) BUT just the other day they were revealed to place as the biggest party in a major opinion poll, making it the first time in history that the Social Democrats (workers party) aren't the biggest party.

If it weren't for that, yeah, I'd say Fardy should move here as well.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
LOL should be a fun experience you guys will talk about for the rest of your lives XD sounds super exciting!

Hmmm his family came from San Sebastian (hence his surname) but Idk if he still has relatives there XD Ik his family is very attached to basque community, but I think that's common in his hometown. The topic started when Evil suggested Barcelona, tho, so there's that.
Oh nononono, not Barcelona :shootme
Things are crazy there, and not just for the independence issue as Ust already pointed out.

If you are looking for nice weather then the south is a better bet... tho that option also implies less chances for a good job and living surrounded by hicks, we are literally like pigeons down here :lambirb
The middle lands are quieter, the north busier. Just avoid Cataluña for a long while.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Oh nononono, not Barcelona :shootme
Things are crazy there, and not just for the independence issue as Ust already pointed out.
I remember when traveling Barcelona that I really loved the city and the people in general, still everytime they noticed I wasn't spanish the first thing they did was talking to me about the independence debate and for a long time too. A girl from a coffee shop even whispered to me "I'm against the independece but I can't say it loud".

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I feel ya man, I was "glad" that our major far-right party (with higher-ups having been filmed calling people "dirty little whore" and threaten/beat people with iron bars etc unprovoked, plus hate speech incidents in general) weren't as big as expected in the latest election ("only 17% which is still way too high) BUT just the other day they were revealed to place as the biggest party in a major opinion poll, making it the first time in history that the Social Democrats (workers party) aren't the biggest party.

If it weren't for that, yeah, I'd say Fardy should move here as well.
Sounds so similar. "True Finns" are according to recent polls now the biggest party with 22% support rate.

Their current head Halla-Aho is pretty much a cult leader. Convicted of hate crimes, made his name online with a ultra hateful blog, raised thorough political ranks due to "calm and reasonable" appareances (as in he kept his face completely straight while spouting snarky racist political non-sense for long enough to get his debaters agitated) and his followers even call him "the Master".

He is particularly scary far right figure, because he smart. He isn't loud and obnoxious about his agenda like Trump or Bolsonaro, but calm and calculating.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I remember when traveling Barcelona that I really loved the city and the people in general, still everytime they noticed I wasn't spanish the first thing they did was talking to me about the independence debate and for a long time too. A girl from a coffee shop even whispered to me "I'm against the independece but I can't say it loud".
That region is split in half, years ago it was never a problem. There was people that thought independence would be feasible, others wanted to remain in Spain and others just "felt" spanish (not a fan of nationalism in general) but all of them respected each other and lived with the difference.

Since the separatists got to the regional parlament, hate has become the common trade. Theres indoctrination in schools and TV, Spanish isnt recognized as the main language... but the spanish government wont act because it needs the support of the separatists to stay in power, classic :lmao

The whole independence thing doesn't have future (they dont even have a plan for what to do after they get it) so this is only fueling more hate, nationalism, violence, far right thinking and a massive migration of companies out of Cataluña. They are ruining themselves... and I feel bad for the other half of the catalans that still have a head on their shoulders.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
That region is split in half, years ago it was never a problem. There was people that thought independence would be feasible, others wanted to remain in Spain and others just "felt" spanish (not a fan of nationalism in general) but all of them respected each other and lived with the difference.

Since the separatists got to the regional parlament, hate has become the common trade. Theres indoctrination in schools and TV, Spanish isnt recognized as the main language... but the spanish government wont act because it needs the support of the separatists to stay in power, classic :lmao

The whole independence thing doesn't have future (they dont even have a plan for what to do after they get it) so this is only fueling more hate, nationalism, violence, far right thinking and a massive migration of companies out of Cataluña. They are ruining themselves... and I feel bad for the other half of the catalans that still have a head on their shoulders.
Here at Argentina there are people actually very interesed in the independence issue and they even take sides :XD but I can understand why it can divide people. Most of the persons I talked to in Barcelona said that they didn't have a big opinion on the whole thing, but they still wanted to stay in Spain whatever was going to happen.
Yes most people say it has no future, though in La Rambla there were people camping, seems that the protests there are very constent everyday, in some parks people made tributes to political prisioners.

The other two cities I went were a different story. Madrid was kinda of a mix and Sevillia was the most chill place I traveled so far (though I was there only four days xD).

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Here at Argentina there are people actually very interesed in the independence issue and they even take sides :XD but I can understand why it can divide people. Most of the persons I talked to in Barcelona said that they didn't have a big opinion on the whole thing, but they still wanted to stay in Spain whatever was going to happen.
Yes most people say it has no future, though in La Rambla there were people camping, seems that the protests there are very constent everyday, in some parks people made tributes to political prisioners.

The other two cities I went were a different story. Madrid was kinda of a mix and Sevillia was the most chill place I traveled so far (though I was there only four days xD).
Ah, the circus must be an interesting watch from outside :XD
And yeah, seeing all those people camping and shouting for politicians that spent millions destined to health care, education and infrastructure into the independence thing instead... very smart crowd indeed :lambirb

But politics aside for now (Im alteady sick of them in the everyday life).
Nice that you visited more cities o/ Sevilla is a good place to visit along with the Costa del Sol in general, the hottest places has the most chill people lmao.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oh @GajeelNashi are you from/have you lived in Canada?? Yeah I see Vancouver a lot on TV (caused I'm addicted to Love it or List it) and it looks amazing... But also completely something I'd take a million years to be able to pay for lol

Tbh I'm curious about Barcelona xD The architecture looks pretty but I miss trees in urban spaces c.c it always feels less cozy and inviting when a place lacks them, imo. Other places in Spain, specially by the shores, look way more appealing to me, but welp, never been there, so can't rly judge.

Last edited:

Gajeel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yeah I see Vancouver a lot on TV (caused I'm addicted in Love it or List it) and it looks amazing... But also completely something I'd take a million years to be able to pay for lol
You guys have Love it or List it Canada in Brazil?!? Been awhile since I last watched that show, it does bring back some great memories :grin

Oh @GajeelNashi are you from/have you lived in Canada??
shh it's a secret :blushbirb or maybe not,

Status
Not open for further replies.