Discussion - The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have something you would like to get off your chest about your favorite manga and/or anime series? Then this is the thread for you.

This is a thread where we, the manga and anime fans, can confess, vent and discuss about things we need to get off our chests regarding the series we read and/or watch. Things that we love, like, dislike and hate, vent them all in here. :)

Rules:

-If your confession is spoilerish, please write it inside a spoiler box.

- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.

-Rules will be edited as necessary.

Here’s my first confession:

I confess my hope for a second season of “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes” is not as strong as before, especially after finding out the low ratings the last episode of TLOTLH got in Japan. :(

Last edited:

TitaniumChloride

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Manga-Anime Confessional Thread.

I wished the latter half of the Soul Eater anime never happened because how will they continue to animate the rest of the manga? (They might find a way, but I'm still sore that they derailed a perfectly good adaptation for closure.)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The Manga-Anime Confessional Thread.

Yu Yu Hakusho had a boring and slow first arc, at least for me.

Naruto's latest arc and chapters are bleh. The second part was overall bad to bleh.

Bleach is fail.

One Piece has too many fights that look rushed and somewhat unrealistic.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: The Manga-Anime Confessional Thread

OKI first off dislike OP to the fullest ...every chap i read was of filler quality ...the character artwork didnt impress me much... not a fan of that kind of artwork... ....the main is slow .. no cool just talks much...and the jokes dun even make me smile forget laughing ... and thus i dun read OP(as i dun find a single reason to) and so i dun visit the forums

now Shiki .... the latest anime episode literal baffled me... it was stupid... the two mains whom i thought to be the owner of slight sense proved me wrong... though i got assurance from good authority that it will get better but then again it doesnt have an excuse to be disappointing...but as i have good reason sto hope that things will get better i am gonna see it through

Naruto ..... just after 2.5 month that orange head come back with no result whatsoever ... just increased his rasengan size......ya back then i used to follow the anime. meaning i had to eat all those substandard fillers to get to shippuden and this was what Kishi had in store for me
and i dun wanna start with saske naruto nonsense.....so though i read naruto (it has its cons but i still like it over all) i dun visit forums

Bleach .....after 5 pannels of ichigo s useless shouts we gat Aizen saying : dont raise your voice kurosaki ichigo.... WTF??
and noting is ever explained isshins reason... ichigo: i dun wanna know tell me when you are erady...and i suppose this 9 month wasnt enough time for them to be ready.....
no one powerful went bankai ... if they did then the fight wuld have been easily up... and tis was supposed to be a fight to the very seriousness.....i read this manga and visit the forums... some intelligent folks like hulk and hystzen are there so ....

ya i am a very unpleasant when i lambaste in my satire ... and all the above is purely right these are my personal opinion ... i dont expect any one to share it ... and if i have hurt someone by these then i sincerely apologize

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Aww man Shaheer I'm sad to hear you don't like OP :( I respect your opinion of course, but I'm still sad to hear it ;____;

Confession: I think Nurarihyon no Mago is a manga that deserves a lot more love than it gets, especially on the internet fandom. It's such a good manga but so many people get put off by the slightly slow beginning or for whatever other reasons never even hear about it. And the draggy anime with all its fillers probably made a lot of people lose even more interest in ever reading the manga. It makes me sad to see such a nice manga being ignored :(

Confession: I think I'm the only girl in the Kenichi thread. It must be weird for a girl to like a manga with so much ecchi >< Sometimes I ask myself the same question but argh the fights are so good! D:

Confession: Saikou and Azuki in Bakuman have the most unrealistic relationship ever, but I still ship them anyway :D

R4n

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

- i realize that Kateikyou Hitman Reborn is VERY FAR from what i would call a 'good manga'. But i don't know why i was so obsessed with it and i still read it weekly till now. It feels like dating a jerk you can't leave. :notrust
My friend even compare KHR as an abusive husband that she can't divorce because she still clings to some good memories (aka Mukuro Arc and Varia arc).

- I laugh whenever a flamewar broke out because people are trying to defend either OP, Bleach, or Naruto from each other. It is pointless, people! =__=;
That's why i stay far far away from those series' forums because of the huge amount of trolls they have. >__>;;

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

usually i do stay away from the main 3 forum forum.... but time to time i visit bleach and sometimes naruto ... i kind a forget a lot ...and these are such a big series that you cant help but forget if you arent that avid a fan.....
thus sometimes when sth is revealed and past chap are in question..i visit the forums...bleach forums has some of my FF friends so i post often...
as i dun read OP dun visit forum.... as for naruto..... i used to post sometimes...posing some query but lately(for quite some time) havent ...

but i agree with you on what you said R4...they have too many trolls...and if you are nt that fervent a fan( i aint that avid) the forums arent the best place for you

Steffan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Bakuman:

I wish they would stop portraying Eiji as an all-knowing manga god. Anything he has said about manga has been true so far, which I kind of dislike, since his character is actually kind of under-developed. (No background or anything, he's just an amazing mangaka for no real reason...)

Reactions: R4n

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

@ TitaniumChloride: I second your confession. In fact, I stopped watching SE anime the moment they started to diverge from the manga. I wouldn’t have minded the changes so much, if they had deviated just a little bit from the canon material but they didn’t. They changed so many things and in such a big way, that they made the possibility of a second season almost nonexistent. However, I still have hope for a second season, one in which we get to see what really happens after episode 35. :) I know Soul Eater is not as popular as FMA, but I would love if Soul Eater gets a new anime, one that follows the manga as faithfully as Brotherhood did.

@ shaheer: You are allowed to express yourself and share your opinion, after all…this is what the confessional thread is all about. Just one little thing, could you please change the last part of your post to lowercases? If you want to highlight something by bolding it is okay, but writing all in caps locks could be seen as if you are yelling. So could you please change the last paragraph to lowercases? Thanks in advance for understanding. ^_^ And thank you for giving Shiki another try even when you are so disappointed with it. :hug

@ R4n: Your comparison of KHR to dating a jerk you can't leave is priceless but oh so true! I feel the same way about Bleach, I know I should have dropped it months ago, or maybe even years ago, but I just can’t. I still have hope of Bleach returning to the awesomeness it was the SS arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: R4n

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

I confess that I hope that Sasuke will die a painful death after he's killed Naruto incredibly brutally because I hate both of them.

Naruto should die and Sasuke should forever remain a betrayer and a villain.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Naruto:
I hate how after the time-skip Naruto hadn't learned anything remotely useful except for the Oodama Rasengan (which was used what, once?). I hate how Kakashi seems to be getting weaker. I hate that Sakura stopped being useful after the Rescue Gaara Arc. I hate how new characters Sai and Yamato haven't gotten nearly enough attention as they deserve. I hate how the cool supporting cast, especially Rock Lee, seem to have been down-graded into background characters. And most of all, I hate how Sasuke made part 2 all about him. I actually like his character, but nobody but the main character deserves that much attention. I stopped reading after the Kage Summit Arc (so that I didn't spoil myself with the anime), so I don't know if any of my issues have been adressed. I have heard that with this new arc that the supporting cast is getting some attention (finally!).

Bleach:
The whole Arrancar Saga was pretty alright in terms of story (albeit way too simple compared to the awesome Soul Society Saga), but it definitely didn't have to last as long as it did. Kubo managed to get even slower in terms of pacing. Here we had a simple storyline that lasted more than 4 years! I started reading the manga again with this new arc, which is just so refreshing compared to the hideously long arrancar storyline. I hate how little attention the main group (Chad, Ishida, Rukia, and especially Renji) got compared to the captains. I have to agree with everyone who said that Kubo had literally no idea what he was doing with this saga. Hopefully this new arc will be much better planned and paced.

One Piece:
No complaints except for the slow, slow pacing. While nowhere near as slow as Bleach, One Piece manages to stall even with chapters that seem well paced. Did Skypeia (which is one of my favourite arcs by the way) have to be so long? And Thriller Bark also. I hope that one day there will be a "One Piece Kai" so that I can watch the whole series in a normal pace.

D.Gray-man:
Somewhere along the way it started to get a little boring and difficult to follow. I think it all started with the special chapter from Akamaru Jump. Suddenly we got a whole bunch of characters, who in my opinion should've shown up gradually, we got weird/ugly white (at least to me) uniforms for them, and the pacing just got reallly weird. The series being in Jump SQ is probably a good thing, but every chapter confuses the hell out of me. And although Katsura Hoshino's art is great, it seems to have worsened compared to the chapters just before the magazine change. The art itself contributes to the pacing/confusion issues.

Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn!:
The Future Saga was pretty good I think, but man did it have pacing issues. It started out alright, but during the Melone Base Arc, everything got much slower, and did Amano really have to pull out the new villains out of nowhere? I think they should've been properly introduced. Then we got the Choice Arc, which was shaping up to be a pretty exciting and strategy-filled wargame. But it only lasted one round! I wish it would've continued a few more rounds, the last round being the final battle of the saga, but no, it ended abruptly and what we got was a hideously fast-paced arc and final battle. Because of that, the new villains got zero character development, the fights were unexciting, and the everything just felt so rushed.
My other complaints include how the fights gradually lost their strategy element. The box weapons were pretty cool, but the box animals were a horrible idea. For a while it felt as though I was reading a Pokémon knockoff. And the characters just keep getting upgrade after upgrade, instead of developing different strategies. Oh, and Ryohei, Lambo and Chrome were largely ignored when it came to fights.

Even with these complaints, I still find myself enjoying these series :D!

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I haven't watched any anime since spring season ending. I still love anime. But I haven't watched any. When KimiTodo season 2 starts I'll watch again.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Bleach: kubo should make ichigo learn more abt his bankai rather than go to greater levels...like from shikai to bankai to mask to vastolorde formation to combo VL and Tensa zangetso ...and then i am not a shinigami any more...he never really got a hold of his shikai..he got bankai...he never really mastered bankai he went to diff levels....

Naruto: naruto should get an amnesia where he forgets all about sakse and sakura...and saske should be sent so some special kind of hell where he sells hair colours to deaf grandmas and read the daily mail to deaf grandpas.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Naruto:
I hate how after the time-skip Naruto hadn't learned anything remotely useful except for the Oodama Rasengan (which was used what, once?). I hate how Kakashi seems to be getting weaker. I hate that Sakura stopped being useful after the Rescue Gaara Arc. I hate how new characters Sai and Yamato haven't gotten nearly enough attention as they deserve. I hate how the cool supporting cast, especially Rock Lee, seem to have been down-graded into background characters. And most of all, I hate how Sasuke made part 2 all about him. I actually like his character, but nobody but the main character deserves that much attention. I stopped reading after the Kage Summit Arc (so that I didn't spoil myself with the anime), so I don't know if any of my issues have been adressed. I have heard that with this new arc that the supporting cast is getting some attention (finally!).

Bleach:
The whole Arrancar Saga was pretty alright in terms of story (albeit way too simple compared to the awesome Soul Society Saga), but it definitely didn't have to last as long as it did. Kubo managed to get even slower in terms of pacing. Here we had a simple storyline that lasted more than 4 years! I started reading the manga again with this new arc, which is just so refreshing compared to the hideously long arrancar storyline. I hate how little attention the main group (Chad, Ishida, Rukia, and especially Renji) got compared to the captains. I have to agree with everyone who said that Kubo had literally no idea what he was doing with this saga. Hopefully this new arc will be much better planned and paced.

One Piece:
No complaints except for the slow, slow pacing. While nowhere near as slow as Bleach, One Piece manages to stall even with chapters that seem well paced. Did Skypeia (which is one of my favourite arcs by the way) have to be so long? And Thriller Bark also. I hope that one day there will be a "One Piece Kai" so that I can watch the whole series in a normal pace.

D.Gray-man:
Somewhere along the way it started to get a little boring and difficult to follow. I think it all started with the special chapter from Akamaru Jump. Suddenly we got a whole bunch of characters, who in my opinion should've shown up gradually, we got weird/ugly white (at least to me) uniforms for them, and the pacing just got reallly weird. The series being in Jump SQ is probably a good thing, but every chapter confuses the hell out of me. And although Katsura Hoshino's art is great, it seems to have worsened compared to the chapters just before the magazine change. The art itself contributes to the pacing/confusion issues.

Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn!:
The Future Saga was pretty good I think, but man did it have pacing issues. It started out alright, but during the Melone Base Arc, everything got much slower, and did Amano really have to pull out the new villains out of nowhere? I think they should've been properly introduced. Then we got the Choice Arc, which was shaping up to be a pretty exciting and strategy-filled wargame. But it only lasted one round! I wish it would've continued a few more rounds, the last round being the final battle of the saga, but no, it ended abruptly and what we got was a hideously fast-paced arc and final battle. Because of that, the new villains got zero character development, the fights were unexciting, and the everything just felt so rushed.
My other complaints include how the fights gradually lost their strategy element. The box weapons were pretty cool, but the box animals were a horrible idea. For a while it felt as though I was reading a Pokémon knockoff. And the characters just keep getting upgrade after upgrade, instead of developing different strategies. Oh, and Ryohei, Lambo and Chrome were largely ignored when it came to fights.

Even with these complaints, I still find myself enjoying these series :D!
I could sign every word you wrote Crude, I totally feel the same way regarding these series! As for Naruto, it get's a lot better after the Summit Arc, because we haven't seen Sasuke since that time (except for a few panels). I do not want to spoil you but secondary characters get a lot more attention now and Naruto finally got the main-screentime back.

Confession @Salad XD I'm highly disappointed by the anime, so far that I'm on the verge of dropping it. They stretched it, they changed the story at some points and left out important parts. Studio Deen has done a really bad job :notrust The manga is great, the whole Hagorome Kitsune Arc was just awsome even though it seemed a bit stretched out. It should definitely have more fans!

Bakuman: I really enjoy the Anime and I think the JC staff has done a great job so far, the definite opposite to Studio Deen.
Just like Salad, I love the Azuki x Mashiro relationship, even though it's unrealistic.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

@ CrudeCross: You mentioning Chad and Rukia reminded me of another confession I need to make. I confess that I don’t like the way KT has treated Chad. He seemed like such a cool character at the beginning of the series but thanks to the way KT has treated Chad, things have been reduced to the point even filler characters in the anime were shown more love and received more attention than Chad. :(

I also must confess
I refuse to believe Rukia is gone for good and that Ichigo won’t be able to see her for the rest of his human life, I really believe KT will make her appear again when we least expect.

Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Naruto : If I haven't read it for so many years, I would have probably dropped it. I am not liking the recent developments at all. And I share Blai's view about Naruto and Sasuke :hi5. I have always hated Sakura.

@Milly : Though I respect your opinion but how can you say "Bleach is fail." when you do not even read it. Ones opinion should be based on some logic and frankly I fail to find any logic there.

Bleach : It has good parts and bad parts. I had hoped to see more from Vizards but they were the biggest disappointment so far. Orihime, Matsumoto, and Hinamori annoys me so much.

Claymore : Didn't like how the altered the events in the anime.

Tenjou Tenge : The rushed end did not justify the brilliance of the series.

Berserk : I wanted to see old Guts, not the new one.

Last edited:

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Me, being a new berserk fan don't dare say this to the veterans...but really the part when i actually fell for it was when the back story ended and the new gatts emerged. Then i love Vagabond...but i feel the way it throws out philosophy directly negs from narration marks. About naruto i really think that kishimoto has wasted so much plot potential. not much of a confession really, i say it everywhere...but i usually emphasize on the positive points, which more than compensate for the cons imho. Lastly i read (and enjoy quite a lot) Vampire Knight and The One(this is a huge confession...lol).

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Lastly i read (and enjoy quite a lot) Vampire Knight(this is a huge confession...lol).
I read it too :D even though I think it's not really good atm (aka since the Rido Arc), I still want to see how things turn out. I put it on hold for some time and started reading it again yesterday. I support Yuuki x Zero ^__^

Dragonball: I loved it back then when I was a little child. When I started watching Dragonball:Kai (sort of a remake of the anime) I realized that it's only fighting, the writing is really... poor. Nowadays I can't understand the hype around DB anymore.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Sadly I couldn't find thumb symbols that fast so I just use a traffic light system for my ups and downs :)

Naruto: I totally lost interest actually, still do remember most of the story though and still check the latest chapters every few weeks. Actually all I wanna know is how it finishes ;(
Actually I liked the idea about the war, but don't think that it is beeing used very well. I'ld still preferr a scenario of almost every character dying - Sakura, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Gaara, Kakashi and many many many many more - exept for Naruto, Sasuke and some minor characters of the ninja alliance (such as Hinata, Shino and some totally unimportant guys who would have their time to shine) and totally change the concept of Naruto into a story of searching for a new purpose.
Well, as some people already told me, that's "too Seinen" for a Shounen.

Berserk: Although I'm a huge Berserk fan, I really disliked the latest part so far. Imo it went down ever since Shierke and witchcraft made their appearance. I'ld love to just see most of Gatsu's current group dying.
I don't have very high hopes that it will ever return to the greatness of the Golden Age arc or the even stronger badassness from before that. Well, it's still more than the "only wanna know the end"-stuff of Naruto for me; I'm still happy about every new chapter.

Planetes:
It was hard for me to get into the scenario and everything, but after the story and characters became deeper after a while it was really great. I wonder: Is this as deep and philosophical as manga get or are there more complex, heavier ones? (If anyone believes to know one, I'ld be glad for every hint) I'ld certainly love to read such.
I'm sure the ending might disappoint many, it didn't do so for me though.

Vinland Saga: Arrrr I cannot stop hoping for it to release in a faster pace :(
I'm really addicted to it and loved the latest arc even though many did not, I just can't wait another year :(
On the other hand, it's a little sad. Vinland Saga definitly arrived at a point of no return, saying "nothing will ever be like it used to be". The changes are too big for reversal, leaving the so called "Introduction" arc as a piece of great manga, which now will remain untouched as it's just "finished".

Tegami Bachi:
I thought I was done with most of Shounen, but this one is really great. Yeah, it has these typical Shounen-annoyances of extreme naivete and luck at some points, but I still love it. A great style, interesting universe, a nice balance of main- and side stories imo.
It's very much what I expect of a good Shounen supposed to be readable for older readers as well.
The part which severely disappointed me was when the scanlater added a note that Zaji (click: image - it's the left character) is a boy. I like such tomboy girl characters, it saddened me that he/she wasn't :(

Hellsing:
The manga/OVA story and atmosphere suck. The original anime is the actual great thing about it. Also, check out the two soundtracks for it; They're totally awesome.

Bleach/OP:
Bleach failed to ever sparkle any interest in me ever since the Soul Society arc ended. OP failed to ever appeal me. No more discussion about it from my side.

Last edited:

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I could sign every word you wrote Crude, I totally feel the same way regarding these series! As for Naruto, it get's a lot better after the Summit Arc, because we haven't seen Sasuke since that time (except for a few panels). I do not want to spoil you but secondary characters get a lot more attention now and Naruto finally got the main-screentime back.
That's good to hear. I saw the double-spread colour page announcing the War Arc, and I have to admit I'm intrigued (is that how you spell it?). I just really want to see the secondary characters get at least the same amount of attention that they did in Part 1.

You mentioning Chad and Rukia reminded me of another confession I need to make. I confess that I don’t like the way KT has treated Chad. He seemed like such a cool character at the beginning of the series but thanks to the way KT has treated Chad, things have been reduced to the point even filler characters in the anime were shown more love and received more attention than Chad.
It's a shame that he doesn't get as much attention as he should. Kubo seemed to be building up to quite an interesting plotline with Chad's powers and how they resemble Hollow powers, but he seems to have ignored it (for now at least). I just hope that with this new arc, he'll finally get some attention again.