Discussion The new Databook is Out! One Piece Vivre Card!

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
IMHO the author didn't knew how high the bounties would get later in the series. While it has been explained that the Shichibukai bounties are frozen and don't represent their current threat, when Crocodile's bounty of 80 million was first mentioned, the reaction was that of it being the real deal.

When Smoker was talking with the Strawhats about Robin or Crocodile bounties, he said that if the two joined forced they would literally endanger the world.

There's also Dorry and Broggy, it was said that their crew terrified the world, however their bounties was mere 100 million.

More recently, Mother Caramel stopped the execution of some of their crew members in Marineford, arguing that it would endanger Humanity.

It makes perfect sense, I guess Oda didn't think the story would get so many chapters.

goldb

Usurped Overlord
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spandam doesn't have Haki for sure. One has to be very careful when reading Arturs summaries. Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the effort, but he really should try to stick with facts, and leave his speculations out of it. He also recently released a guide about swords, where he claims the Shodai Kitetsu is in possession of the Gorosei, even though that is just very baseless speculation. The thing is, that the quality of his releases is high, so people might believe in the bits that he added from his headcanon.
I am aware of Spandam's case and Artur's speculations. If I were to speculate, I'd say Spandam being in the CP0 is less to do with his ability than his relationship with the WG. Perhaps his dad. The same can be said about him being in CP9( let alone its leader) while his doriki being lower than a normal Marine soldier.

As for Artur, if my comments were based on his speculation rather than actual summary of the cards themselves then I stand corrected.

off topic I did skim through his guide to the swords in OP and saw the post about the Shodai Kitetsu. That's definitely something that he shouldn't be passing off as canon/ confirmed in the series, even though it's a theory that's been around for a very long time.

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's identical to the others, so it's not that much speculation.

Still it shouldn't be passed out as canon... damned wiki.